Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,351 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities (274 Views)

Holy Spirit Help Us To Submit To Your Promptings / Jesus Christ Crucified Took Our Infirmities And Bore Our Diseases / Pray This Prayers Aggressively Against Programmed Infirmities Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
As my new Years gift to all my readers, Get this book for FREE! just drop your email in the comment section.

From my new book "Pray in Tongues and Interpret."

Romans 8:26
26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

It is to be regretted that the king James version of the Bible translated the Holy Spirit as “it.” The Holy Spirit is a person not a thing. The Holy Spirit is the third person in the God head. The Lord Jesus did not describe the Holy Spirit as a thing, rather as a person. “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another comforter, that he (the Holy Spirit) may abide with you for ever” (John 14:16).
What am I getting to? The last statement buttresses the fact that the Holy Spirit is our comforter, our advocate. The English dictionary has many definitions of the word advocate, but there’s one that describes the nature of the Holy Spirit best: and that is, ‘A person who supports others to make their voices heard.’
Our beginning text says, the Spirit helps our infirmities by making intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Put slightly differently, the Spirit, as our advocate, supports us in our prayers to make our voices heard.
Indeed, the Spirit helps our infirmities, that is, our weaknesses for we know not what we should pray for as we ought. Not that we don’t know how to pray, we do. But giving our weaknesses, we don’t know what we should pray for as we ought. The phrase ‘as we ought’ is quite amplified in that statement because sometimes the Spirit may want us to pray in a certain way or direction while our minds is directing us to pray another way.
For instance, I remember one time I had a vivid dream. In that dream I saw a middle aged woman come to my room, sat few meters away from bed and pointed her finger towards me. In that dream, I was in bed with my eyes wide opened and that woman said to me three times while pointing her finger at me, she said, “You! You will die!”
Three times she spoke those words, and I struggled to get up the bed. In my struggle I knew in my spirit that this is an attack and that that woman is a demon. I decided to call on the name of the Lord Jesus, but I could not. While I was struggling in the spirit realm, my body was also struggling in bed. But suddenly, I heard a voice right in my dream: it was so loud that it shook the whole place in that dream. I believe that voice was that of the Holy Spirit because he does speak. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit could speak to us.
John 16:13
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Acts 13:1-2
1. Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Notice in both scriptural references that the Holy Spirit could speak and communicate with us.
So in my dream, while I was still struggling to call Jesus in order to discomfit that demon of a woman, that voice spoke sternly, “Pray with the spirit!” The moment I started praying in other tongues that demon disappeared and I prayed in tongues into reality. When I awakened from that dream I began meditating on the meaning of that dream. Some days later, I asked the Lord why I was unable to call his name when I was attacked in the dream? The Lord spoke to my spirit these very words. And I want you to pay close attention to what the Lord said because it will explain most of our difficulties when we struggle to call upon His name during an attack.
The Lord said to me, “You were unable to call my name in your dream because you were trying to do in the physical what you ought to have done in the Spirit.” He went a step further in saying, “Have you not read in my word that it is not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit.” Then the Lord gave me these scriptures:
Isaiah 10:27
27. And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

You see, the Holy Spirit is both the anointing and the spirit of truth. So it is by the Spirit that the yoke shall be destroyed.
When I thought about what the Lord said to me, I saw the truth in His words. In my dream I was struggling in the physical, to open my mouth, to say the name Jesus. Not until I started praying in the Holy Ghost that that demon disappeared. It was the Holy Spirit helping my infirmities because I know not what I should pray as I ought.

Do not hoard knowledge, propagate it!

Read, comment, and share.

Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by Matrix137(m): 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Amazing sermon. Still awaiting the book you promised me sir.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
Okay. I Will send it.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by Matrix137(m): 5:10am On Nov 02, 2023
ocnovakmichael:
Okay. I Will send it.
This is my email again

chukwuemekaibe@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 6:11am On Nov 02, 2023
Okay. Thanks for understanding.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by Matrix137(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2023
ocnovakmichael:
Okay. Thanks for understanding.
All Glory and praise belongs to the Lord
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
Amen.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 8:36am On Nov 03, 2023
To all my friends and readers that I promised to send my new book "Breakthrough Corporate Anointing", I will share it via your emails, by the grace of God, on Saturday 4th Nov.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
Dear Friend,

This is to keep to my promise: that I will send an e-book cover edition of my newest book "Breakthrough Corporate Anointing."

This book is meant to be read and shared with friends, cliques, and family for the edification of the body of Christ, the church.
Wishing you a good read!

Thanks
Author: O. C. Michael.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2023
Thanks to all who read.
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
This Christmas, give this book as a gift to someone.

Kindly drop your email to get a FREE e-copy.

Thanks
Re: How The Spirit Help Our Infirmities by ocnovakmichael(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
This book is my new Year's gift to all my esteemed readers.
To get it, kindly drop your email in the comment section.

Thanks for 2023.

(1) (Reply)

The Book Of Enoch, Facts Or Fiction? / Prophecy For 2024 From Celica Church of Christ / A Prophet Saw The Access Bank Crash , But what could he have done better?. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.