Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others (23916 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Gbajabiamila Chief Of Staff / Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Excitement As United Nations Appoints Rotimi Amaechi Into Its Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by therealMcCain: 10:43am On Oct 30, 2023
Nigeria is designed not to work. Its not by accident.

If the president appoints EFCC, ICPC chairman and now, Prosecutors into EFCC, How can these institutions function independently?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Isobug: 10:47am On Oct 30, 2023
JAMO84:
They will start crying Marginalization. So if baba wey no well give una appointment, una go collect?
Na Baba wey no well get Nigeria? Is there right to demand for everything whether they voted for him or not

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by SonOfDSoil01: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2023
Zetra7:
There will be consequences for Yourbas. Nigeria is watching...
hahaha small nyash Dey shake grin
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by YourKarma: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2023
UmarionDejmon:

Did you say this same statement during Buhari's regime?
Na now you know say nepotism dey Nigeria?
Na person like you dey look face serve food for party. Na lie?

Wetin concern me with Buhari? Both of them dey useless
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Decent09(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2023
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by BarrElChapo(m): 11:05am On Oct 30, 2023
Guyman01:
My happiness is how Tinubu is gradually rendering Fulani oligarchs impotent, they thought Tinubu was very sick and won't last more than a few weeks in power, then Shettima will takeover with Elrufai as Chief of Staff and they will be fully back in control.

But Tinubu ensured that Elrufai will not play a part in his Govt using Akpabio not to confirm him, humiliating him so bad he fled into exile grin
Already Igbos don't bother themselves too much about government appointments, all they require is for their Yoruba friends to hold the position and they will still get the benefits using their business acumen without holding the title.

Now they are shocked that the incoherent and wobbling Tinubu during the elections is looking as fit as fiddle as if he can face Ronaldo in El Classico ๐Ÿ˜ณ

All that Muslim-Muslim jubilation has faded out over here in the North and its no lonfer of any consequence, even its more like Muslim-Ifa with the number of his Yoruba kinsmen occupying sensitive positions.

I have seen many Hausas telling me they are okay with the nepotism as long as its not Fulanis calling themselves Hausa-Fulani that are taking what is collectively meant for the whole North that has become the norm.

Very soon Dangote will start losing his monopoly on different products as other players will be allowed unhindered entry into the markets

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ as funny as it sounds, youโ€™re definitely correct.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:08am On Oct 30, 2023
BafanaBafana:
What will EFCC be doing in this Tinubu regime?

nothing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Godfullsam(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2023
Sannisege:
Tinubu will win 100% of Yoruba votes in 2027

100% of yoruba votes cannot guarantee his reelection.

Besides, yorubas will only vote for him emass if and only if Nigeria makes significant progress in terms of delivery of the dividends of democracy that can touch the lives of the masses positively.
His lopsided appointments can guarantee such.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by JAMO84: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2023
Isobug:

Na Baba wey no well get Nigeria? Is there right to demand for everything whether they voted for him or not
And it's his right to appoint whoever he wants

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Lanre1st(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2023
MightySparrow:
The name shock me. I think na Bishop Oyedepo

Maybe his family
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Myer(m): 11:53am On Oct 30, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Lopsided appointments as usual tongue
Igbos cannot be trusted with sensitive positions for now.
They have to earn the Trust they have hitherto abused.
Federal character is however being adhered to.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Lanre1st(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2023
Godfullsam:

100% of yoruba votes cannot guarantee his reelection.

Besides, yorubas will only vote for him emass if and only if Nigeria makes significant progress in terms of delivery of the dividends of democracy that can touch the lives of the masses positively.
His lopsided appointments can guarantee such.

Once he eat 90% of votes of Yoruba. Others are on negotiation, as loud as Igbo cried didnโ€™t Tinubu get vote in East? He won River, Benue, Edo base on agreement. In fact, neglecting East and some regions will make their leaders persuade them to votes for BAT next election because they will also want to get their part of national cake
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Godfullsam(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
Lanre1st:

Once he eat 90% of votes of Yoruba. Others are on negotiation, as loud as Igbo cried didnโ€™t Tinubu get vote in East? He won River, Benue, Edo base on agreement. In fact, neglecting East and some regions will make their leaders persuade them to votes for BAT next election because they will also want to get their part of national cake

If he delivers the dividends of democracy for the people and fulfill his campaign promises, he will win his reelection bid without struggles.

See, people are suffering o! If the people are against him because of bad leadership, it will be hard o.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by Dapson73(m): 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
Antoeni:
The suffering is too much. Unfortunately, the people benefitting from the system don't care.

If the military can get Nigeria working again, pls let them rescue this country.

Because Obi failed

Jagaban will rule 8 yrs by God's grace.

Know this, and know peace.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by delpee(f): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hmmm! Where's the Federal Character Commission in all these? The lopsided appointments ain't right at all. We complained under GEJ and PMB. I thought he'll be fair to all. Perhaps he has reasons....๐Ÿค”

Maybe we need to wait till the end and then have a spreadsheet of all appointments to see and assess all at a glance. So far, not so good.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
Guyman01:
My happiness is how Tinubu is gradually rendering Fulani oligarchs impotent, they thought Tinubu was very sick and won't last more than a few weeks in power, then Shettima will takeover with Elrufai as Chief of Staff and they will be fully back in control.

But Tinubu ensured that Elrufai will not play a part in his Govt using Akpabio not to confirm him, humiliating him so bad he fled into exile grin
Already Igbos don't bother themselves too much about government appointments, all they require is for their Yoruba friends to hold the position and they will still get the benefits using their business acumen without holding the title.

Now they are shocked that the incoherent and wobbling Tinubu during the elections is looking as fit as fiddle as if he can face Ronaldo in El Classico ๐Ÿ˜ณ

All that Muslim-Muslim jubilation has faded out over here in the North and its no longer of any consequence, even its more like Muslim-Ifa with the number of his Yoruba kinsmen occupying sensitive positions.

I have seen many Hausas telling me they are okay with the nepotism as long as its not Fulanis calling themselves Hausa-Fulani that are taking what is collectively meant for the whole North that has become the norm.

Very soon Dangote will start losing his monopoly on different products as other players will be allowed unhindered entry into the markets

It's clear the mindgames you're playing here! Whatever power-play you engage in with the Fulani.....and whatever crass display of greed and nepotism you shamelessly display in appointments, just leave Ndigbo out of it, you dey here me so?
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by dealslip(f): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
YourKarma:

You're doing your best to justify nonsense.
If he must appoint people he knows, the he shouldn't be President of a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria.
Heck, he shouldn't be any sort of leader
unfortunately, ministers must reflect federal character but a special assistant doesnt need to be appointed based on federal character. i am not justifying nonsense. if he believes in the person let him employ so he cannot blame any one for his failures or success.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by fk002: 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Guyman01:

All that Muslim-Muslim jubilation has faded out over here in the North and its no longer of any consequence, even its more like Muslim-Ifa with the number of his Yoruba kinsmen occupying sensitive positions.

We really don't care about Tinubu appointment we know that it is southern Nigeria turn, I think you guys need to cry more because Tinubu is using southern quarter to do freestyle appointment to his Yoruba folks.

By 2031 power will be shifted back to north, and Appointment will be shared amongst the 3 Northern region just like Buhari did.

The only two lossers in the game are SE and SS
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by YourKarma: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
dealslip:

unfortunately, ministers must reflect federal character but a special assistant doesnt need to be appointed based on federal character. i am not justifying nonsense. if he believes in the person let him employ so he cannot blame any one for his failures or success.
I understand
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by akinade28(f): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
Zetra7:
There will be consequences for Yourbas. Nigeria is watching...
As a yoruba person, I am seriously scared. Innocent people might suffer the misdeed of our tribe's men. Even those of us that didn't vote for him.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by godwon01(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
Too much appointments. Yoruba man all the time. This is Nigeria not South West. I am a Yoruba man , I don't fancy tribalism. If previous government did it , Tinubu should display magnanimous to other tribes in Nigeria. This trends should not continue.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by donmoz(m): 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't know why people are complaining oooo they are aids if he wants 200 let him get it and those saying all yoruba he is working with people he is more comfortable with when you become president set up yours as you like
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by DMerciful(m): 3:37am On Oct 31, 2023
Only if his policies improves their wellbeing better than Bubu. Appointing on Yorubas does not necessarily favor the Yoruba masses
Sannisege:
Tinubu will win 100% of Yoruba votes in 2027
Re: Tinubu Appoints Rotimi Oyedepo As Prosecutor For EFCC, Six Others by OVB123: 6:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Maize247:
Good one. Every major tribes represented
Let me hear word. Which major tribes is represented on this list? All i see is lopsided appointment, aim at favouring one ethnic group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pardon Saraki, Dogara, APC Chieftain Begs Party Leadership / Maryam Ali Maiyanga Flown To Maiduguri Via NAF Helicopter (Photos) / Anxiety Over APC In Edo As Oshiomhole, Obasekiโ€™s Face-Off Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.