Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark (24628 Views)

Rivers Speaker, Ehie Edison, Escapes Assassination / Police Repel Attacks On Rivers Speaker, Martins Amaewhule; Scores Injured / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by EtteP(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2023
An elder statesman and leader of the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), Chief Edwin Clark, has said Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, is behind the plot to impeach Rivers State Governor, Sam Fubara.

According to him, Wike’s intention is to force Fubara’s deputy to resign after a successful impeachment and install the Speaker of the state House of Assembly as governor.

The elder statesman then asked President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to caution Wike and security agencies in Rivers State.

The Rivers State House of Assembly had removed Fubara’s loyalist and majority leader, Edison Ehie, who was said to have frustrated an attempt to initiate impeachment proceedings against the governor on Monday.

After that, the governor and his loyalists, reportedly surrounded by armed security operatives, stormed the assembly complex to disrupt the impeachment move.

Clark in a statement on Monday said Tinubu must act fast and avert the unfolding crisis in Rivers State in the interest of his administration, the nation’s democracy, and the country at large.

Clark said Nigeria is in a democracy and the tenets of constitutional democracy must be upheld by all Rivers people who have suffered enough political crises.

The statement reads in part, I have been greatly disturbed by the reported developments in Rivers State in the last 24 hours. I have been reliably informed that there is a plot to unlawfully remove the Governor of Rivers State, His Excellency, Siminalaye Fubara, who has spent only about 5 months in office.

“I understand the sad episode is being orchestrated by the immediate past Governor of Rivers State and the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Nyesom Wike. And that the intention is to remove the Governor, force his deputy, Professor Ngozi Odu to resign, and install the Speaker of the House of Assembly, another Ikwerre person as the governor of the state.

“Let me warn strongly, we won’t allow that to happen. President Bola Tinubu must call Nyesom Wike and the security agencies in Rivers State to order, to avert any untold crisis in Rivers State.

“The consequences would be dire for the stability of the region and the national economy. What has Governor Fubara done wrong? Refusing to be further ‘remote controlled?’ Mr. Nyesom Wike was governor for 8 years, nobody hassled him. He governed Rivers State like an emperor, he did not show any iota of respect and regard to anyone, not even those who imposed him on Rivers people in 2015.”

https://dailytrust.com/wike-plans-to-remove-fubara-install-rivers-speaker-as-gov-edwin-clark/

26 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Wujio: 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
Speculations everywhere. I will wait for Fubara, the other actors and Wike to speak before i make my deductions

9 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by muykem: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wike action must be resisted with last blood by all reasonable Rivers State men and women.

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by BOSSkesh(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
As it’s his right
You don’t bite the hands that feed you

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Peterobi90: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wike is dull... I thought he was wise and know the fights to pick.. infact, Sim would be backed for free by any politician down South, NC, and NE.

He is terribly wounded with the brave act by Sim.. I expect the other lawmakers to turn-coat in the next 24hrs while aggrieved politicians take their pound of flesh in chunks...

Well, Tinubu held his side of the bargain "Ministerial position", so trust him to back down.. he does not have an option but back down because he has not performed neither is he popular amongst the masses down south. FG is also scared of any uprising whatsoever at the moment.

96 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Dubetex96(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
The Hitler of obiakpor thought that Rivers state is Lagos .

Sim fubara should fight dirty with the deceitful tyrant

Wike will soon crumble

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Toluwanise247(m): 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
All is well

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Philipponzaghi: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
What is Tinubu business with a PDP state?

It’s a democracy and the FG should not meddle into the affairs of a state government.

Except if in a case of breakdown in law and order that is bigger than the police. Then the military can step in as commanded by the president.
Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Chekwume16(m): 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wike took a very wrong step. I have always supported him but this may put an end to his political career in rivers state if he is not careful. You can't be an emperor in rivers state and you know it well. Allow the man to govern like you were allowed to

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Xscape1993(m): 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wike is the devil himself....

22 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by ican2020: 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
The fight has already began and the governor is supposed to win if he plays his cards well

38 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by DSS1335: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
Dubetex96:

Sim fubara should fight dirty with the tyrant

Wike will soon crumble

Unfortunately that is what he believed. He singlehandedly picked an unknown civil servant and made him gubernatorial candidate in the presence of heavy weight gladiators like Felix Obuah....

Wike singlehandedly subverted the will of Rivers people who voted massively for Peter-Obi. In the full glare of the public, wike and his lieutenants were seen dispersing the large crowd of electorates that defiled the heavy rain to vote for PeterObi. If not for the wickedness of wike, Obi Obi would have won Rivers with more than 1.8million votes and ultimately win the presidency.

Wike's days are numbered. Until the likes of Wike is given the Ekweremadu's treatment, Nigeria is far from redemption

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by jamesversion: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
muykem:
Wike action must be resisted with last blood by all reasonable Rivers State men and women.

I did not vote for Fubara, so i don't care what happens to him. He couldn't have won the PDP Primary election and also the governorship without the effort of Wike. Whatever he agreed with Wike in principle he should adhere to it.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by OmoFiditi: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Person wey give feel collect, person wey put you feel remove you. God give, God take …. Wike put him wike feel remove him.

Rivers no be feudo-monarchy like our SW.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Xhuntra: 5:40am On Oct 31, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Person wey give feel collect, person wey put you feel remove you. God give, God take …. Wike put him wike feel remove him.

Buusu that cannot put words together to form a sentence is forming woke

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by press9jatv: 5:53am On Oct 31, 2023
Fubara is fight dirty here and he will fight the battle to finish
Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by OVB123: 6:27am On Oct 31, 2023
Dubetex96:

Sim fubara should fight dirty with the tyrant

Wike will soon crumble
He should go and learn from obaseki.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by emmanuelbrown26: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Una tink say south south na Yoruba land where one idiot will just be pocketing people anyhow

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Available9: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2023
Wike offended Obidients, wike offended rivers APC, and now rivers PDP...the only relevance he has now is the ministerial position ...and come to think that he is a stranger in Abuja makes him more irrelevant politically...

Watch how the mad man will use FCT funds to organize and televised a program just to address this issue and to compose a song for Fubara

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by emmanuelbrown26: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2023
I keep saying it that SS and SE dun pass d level of one idiot controlling a sitting governor. Across d Niger is not Yoruba, we don't exhibit attitude of cowardice.
Yorubas never believed what's happening and I know deep down in their Hearts, they always pray to hv such mind and boldness but it's not in them

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by madmohamed(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2023
Wike don't respect anyone including our traditional leaders

Is time river traditional leaders to teach wike a reson of his life.

I will never forget that day he insult our igwe and Eze thinking that he will remain in power forever.

Wike trying to cover up his atrocities in River state

Time is coming when people will remind him his sins.

19 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by KillahPriest: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2023
Wujio:
Speculations everywhere. I will wait for Fubara, the other actors and Wike to speak before i make my deductions
you're calling Edwin Clark a speculator shocked grin Kids everywhere

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by KillahPriest: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2023
jamesversion:

I did not vote for Fubara, so i don't care what happens to him. He couldn't have won the PDP Primary election and also the governorship without the effort of Wike. Whatever he agreed with Wike in principle he should adhere to it.
even to the detriment of the state ? I fear who no fear una walahi undecided

8 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Macdeey: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2023
grin
Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by KillahPriest: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Rivers State is not Ekiti or Lagos, we're not cowards here

23 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by BrickDevo: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2023
That war no concern common people, they should fight on, greedy mofos

3 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by BrickDevo: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2023
Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by GanagiBitrus: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2023
All these paint a picture of Wike as an egocentric person.

He should be calming down.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by israelmao(m): 8:26am On Oct 31, 2023
Unbridled and excessive pride of Wike has made me to lose whatever interest I had in him.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Remove Fubara, Install Rivers Speaker As Gov – Edwin Clark by Wasky101: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2023
When Fubara was dinning with the devil we didn't hear now the devil is knacking you kpomkpom for head you nor let us sleep.

Mr Fabura this is your first term and still early in the first term and you are generating this much heat.
Fubara no be sabi man. You would have left this battle till very close to your 2nd term election to garner pity votes or secure your 2nd term and then you have nothing to loose.

Last last politics is all about strategy of knowing when to loose a battle in order to win the war.

That is why 001 BAT stands tall among his contemporaries

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Deputy Governors Reply Primate Ayodele On Prophecy: ‘It Is A Fallacy’ / Ambode In Closed-Door Meeting With Aides, Commissioners / In Major Crackdown, Customs Shut Car Dealers Across Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.