Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted (2096 Views)

Jonathan’s Ex-cso Hospitalised, Discharged / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / Governor Suntai Discharged From German Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted by eliteweb(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2011
By Jon Egie
http://spynewsng.com/?p=661

Fugitive ex-governor of Delta State, Chief James Onanefe lbori has been discharged and acquitted.

The pardon was granted him by the Bishop of Ughelli Diocese, (Anglican Communion), the Rt. Revd. Cyril Odiboroghene Odutemu during a sermon he delivered at a thanksgiving service held at the St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Otu-Jeremi; Sunday, Oct 16 by Hon Engr Eme-Umukoro, member representing Ughelli South in the DTHA
The Ecclesiastical verdict was given based on the comparative performance of Governor Uduaghan’s administration and that of lbori in terms of infrastructure development that could boost employment opportunities in the State.
The bishop said he has been badly criticized by the government of Delta State under Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan because he has, and continues to play a critical role in the analysis of the performance of the State government.

But according to him, the church will not condone any evil, “we will continue to say the truth and for that reason they have for four times denied me opportunity to travel to the Holy land for pilgrimage”.

He maintained that corruption is the problem of Nigeria and made bold to say that Delta State is too rich to borrow.
Rt. Rev. Odutemu charged Hon. Eme Umukoro to represent the totality of Deltans and not only his constituents.
“If you misbehave in the House the blame will come to us because you are our parishioner”.

He however commended the Delta State government for handing over some public schools to the missionaries, a development which according to him, the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) in Delta State is resisting.

“Any member of the NUT who is resisting the hand over of schools to the missionaries needs deliverance because they know that they can no longer come to school at 9am and sign 730 am”.

He said the union should not attempt to proceed on industrial action in respect of the government decision to hand over schools to missionaries since they (teachers) have not been committed to the development of education in the state, a situation that produced the mass failure in NECO and WAEC examinations as recently recorded.

He lamented the falling standard of education especially in the public schools and traced the cause to failure on the part of implementers of education policies and hence he said it is expedite that the missionaries come to the rescue.

Speaking on leadership, the bishop said no one comes to power except God allows him and stressed that even those who rig election succeed because God allows them and they do so because Christians fail to do what they ought to do.
He assured that even as some members of the clergy gallivant along with politicians who stole mandate by rigging and telling the politicians that all is well, the judgment of God is coming.

For him, God allowed the enemies of Christians to reign because perhaps, the Christians have sinned and hence God allowed their enemies to reign in order to discipline them.

“Can you explain to me why I should drive my car from Otor-Udu junction to Otu-Jeremi and there after go to the mechanic to fix it? And this is local government with over 40 oil wells.

“This is where the deputy governor comes from, this is where he lives. Tell him we have not seen what he has done.
“I can’t blame Ibori for what he stole. When I get to Oghara and see what Ibori did with our money - the teaching hospital, the polytechnic, the Electoral College and others, I do not blame him that he stole.

“If we had 20 Ibori who stole and developed Delta State, unemployment will be a thing of the past in Delta state.”
Emphasizing that leadership attracts friends and enemies he disagreed with President Goodluck Jonathan who said he doesn’t need to be a goliath to lead Nigeria saying that as the bishop of the Ughelli Diocese, he is the head of the good and the bad and hence prayed that the enemies of Hon. Eme Umukoro would not harm him.

He advised Hon. Eme Umukoro to realize that in his tenure as member representing Ughelli South in the DTHA, he is writing his history and to also realize that the DTHA contains saints and sinners and therefore, he needs to be careful especially in the face of social ills confronting the country.
Pointing out that social stratification has badly affected the church; he lamented how most politicians and Christians relate with their fellow Christians.

The bishop asked Hon. Eme Umukoro to where necessary, take a lone stand against any bill that in the eyes of God is not favourable to the people.
“Thou shall not follow the multitude to do evil.

“When they bring any bill to share the money tell them that you are contented with your salary.

“Bring Ibori to my court; I will discharge him to go. I am not saying he is a saint but from what I saw in Oghara, I will discharge him.
Some of the pastors and bishops gather at the Unity Hall, Asaba and deceive the politicians that all is well. See how people are suffering in Delta State. No job. Hunger everywhere, Delta State is too rich for the people to be suffering. Even if you people share the resources 50:50, the share of the people will be enough for us; the children will go to school and we will be comfortable.”

Lampooning the federal government on the issue of removal of fuel subsidy he pointed out that even in countries where such economic policies are implemented the governments of such countries provide social securities for the citizens.
The bishop regretted that the deputy governor Prof. Amos Agbe Utuama was absent from the thanksgiving service otherwise he would have told him,” mene mene tekel urphasin.”

He explained that by the present status of Prof. Amos Utuama he does not need to do things that would incur the wrath of the people to blaming him when he leaves office.

He prayed that God gives Utuama opportunity to serve again so that he would make significant input to the development of his immediate community.

“Contribute to the well being of at least one person in your constituency so that people will appreciate your performance while you were in office. If you fail those who hailed you will hoot you” he told Hon. Eme Umukoro.

For constituents of Ughelli South constituency, he counseled them not to mount unnecessary pressure and demands on their representative to the extent of forcing him to be corrupt.

“We know they are putting much pressure on you but try to do something “he told Hon. Eme Umukoro again.
“We criticize the government, members of the House, what of you? Are you faithful? Are you not defrauding the government?” He queried Deltans.
“I wish the government well. I will continue to pray for them. I want them to succeed but their success must not be selfish.

“For those whose mandates are stolen, do not do anything contrary. Pray and follow the right process. One day it will be well because our God is a God of Justice”. The bishop reassured.

Highlight of the service was the presentation of offerings by the celebrant who was accompanied by his wife.
Later at a reception party held at the Otu-Jeremi primary school play ground, Hon. Eme Umukoro in a speech said he has been experiencing some challenges since he had been sworn in as member of the House.

He assured his constituents that as soon as he settled down; he would make efforts to resolve some of the complaints of his constituents.
The Speaker of the DTHA, Rt. Hon. Engr. Victor Ochei who also graced the reception party used the opportunity to admonish Hon. Eme Umukoro to realize that there are different political party members in his constituency but that he owes them all equal chance of service.

“Make sure that before the end of your tenure you unite every body in the constituency and do that which is necessary to all.”
He noted that all those who came to honour him were also looking forward to getting some assistance from him, “otherwise…God forbid”
As Speaker of the House, he reassured Hon Eme Umukoro that he will not discriminate any member in providing opportunity to serve their constituents.

Dignitaries who graced the occasion include: Senator Pius Ewherido, Chief Tony Ezeagwu, Olorogun Oskar Ibru who led the Ibru family, Chief George Osikorobia, HRM Ogbogbo 1, the Ovie of Effurun Otor, The Okobaro of Ughievwen represented by Chief Charley Ogbiru, Dr Ogedegbe DESOPADEC Commissioner representing Ughelli North and Ethiope East, Olyns Barrow from Atlanta-Carlifornia USA among others.
Re: 'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted by DrummaBoy(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
I am sure Beaf has not read this
He is the only one in Delta state that think Uduaghan is a saint
And GEJ, a venerable
Re: 'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted by efisher(m): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2011
If Ibori is red, Uduaghan is black!
Re: 'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted by eliteweb(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2015
Re: 'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted by eliteweb(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2015

Re: 'ibori Discharged & Acqiutted by drtwist(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2015
why many view but less commen?

(1) (Reply)

National Industrial Court Rules That Nlc Must Not Strike On Monday / Live Crocodile Found On Flood Streets In Benue State [photos] / How Ezekwesili Used Education Funds To Aquire Airtel Shares - PointBlankNews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.