Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Former A'ibom Gov. Udom Extends Support To Embattled Rivers State Gov Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former A'ibom Gov. Udom Extends Support To Embattled Rivers State Gov Fubara (315 Views)

Dey Your Dey, Make I Dey My Dey- Gov Fubara’s Live Band Sings At An Event (vid) / Rivers Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Gov Fubara / Court Grants Bail To Embattled Rivers PDP Governor Aspirant, Hon. Farah Dagogo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former A'ibom Gov. Udom Extends Support To Embattled Rivers State Gov Fubara by Aniokon: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2023
Former Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Emmanuel Extends Support to Embattled Rivers State Governor Amidst Political Turmoil

Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Emmanuel, has reportedly held a secret meeting with Rivers State Governor, Fubara in his Private Residence, Port Harcourt, amidst the ongoing political turbulence in Rivers State. The state's incumbent governor, Fubara, has been facing challenges from his predecessor, Nyesom Wike, who recently defected to the APC and assumed the position of Minister of FCT.

Speculations have been rife that Wike is orchestrating moves to impeach his successor, Fubara, using the state's House of Assembly as a means to achieve his political goals. In light of these developments, Udom Emmanuel, a former Akwa Ibom PDP Governor has extended his support to Fubara during a clandestine meeting.

The clandestine meeting between former Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Emmanuel and Rivers State Governor Fubara holds a deeper purpose — a strategic alliance forged to counter the political maneuvers of Nyesom Wike, FCT Minister and former Rivers State governor. Amidst the turmoil in Rivers State, where Wike's alleged attempts to manipulate the state's House of Assembly and impeach his successor have created a storm, Emmanuel and Fubara have united forces within the PDP ranks

The closed doors meeting also aimed at expressing solidarity and assuring Fubara of the unwavering support of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

According to our Source, Udom Emmanuel while speaking at the meeting assured Fubara that he is going to win the fight against his predecessor, stating he faced similar issue with his former Boss, Godswill Akpabio.

"Fubara, I tell you in good faith that this will be over. I had similar issue with Godswill Akpabio who wanted to have control of the State resources while I was the governor and when I said no, he tried everything to remove me from office, you're not alone in this" he said.

As political tensions continue to escalate in Rivers State, the meeting between Udom Emmanuel and Fubara highlights the importance of strategic alliances and mutual support among party members. It remains to be seen how this development will impact the unfolding political landscape in the state.

Re: Former A'ibom Gov. Udom Extends Support To Embattled Rivers State Gov Fubara by Ebi2233: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2023
Not even Asari nor Ateke can support Wike on this 1. Their power is Ijaw people and they are all angry. Ijaw own half of Rivers State and d rest tribes share d other half. Ijaw have 12 out of 23 Lgas. Ikwerre have 3 and half. Ijaw have been Rivers Deputy Governors for straight 24 years of Nigeria's Democracy. Do not take Ijaw patience for foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Former A'ibom Gov. Udom Extends Support To Embattled Rivers State Gov Fubara by Macphenson: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2023
okoo

(1) (Reply)

Guber Poll: Dino Melaye Calls For Cancellation Of Elections In Five Lgas / How True Is This Tweet? Just Wondering As A Nigerian / 2 Killed In Chris Uba's Convoy... See Entire Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.