Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax (19670 Views)

Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items / See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by benardtotti(m): 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Omooba77:

https://www.thecable.ng/65m-nigerians-spend-15-daily-on-betting-fg-proposes-gaming-industry-tax-scheme/amp

I thought they said over half the population live on less than $1 a day ? I have always disputed that figure , this betting stats has once again vindicated my logic that most Nigerians are really not under poverty level.
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by nototribalist: 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
when i have made up my mind to join stake.com grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by MadarasBlade(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
codemaniacs:

IGR is income of the state government which will be used to pay state government employees salaries, bonuses to state government, health insurance for state govt employees, state senators, state infrastructure maintenance expenses. maintain state government computer servers, court cases settlement against the state government , construction of better public facilities e.t.c.

In a private business, the business IGR is their income which is used to pay employees salaries, bonuses, health insurance e.t.c. and only the standard of living of the employees can improve.

unemployed people's standard of living can never improve magically and miraculously.

A state government IGR is similar to a private business profits, only difference is the state government has more employees to pay and more infrastructure to maintain.

you're a illiterate if you think high IGR equals improve standard of living of everyone.

Which quality social amenities have the so-called Tax/IGR system provided to the common man, abi only a few are meant to benefit from the Tax system?
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by CSTRR: 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
What has the Nigerian govt contributed to the gaming industries that they want to tax?

To give tinubu more money to waste on newyork hotels or to buy luxurious cars for corrupt lawmakers.?

What's the essence of the taxes we pay?

4 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by benardtotti(m): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
codemaniacs:

IGR is income of the state government which will be used to pay state government employees salaries, bonuses to state government, health insurance for state govt employees, state senators, state infrastructure maintenance expenses. maintain state government computer servers, court cases settlement against the state government , construction of better public facilities e.t.c.

In a private business, the business IGR is their income which is used to pay employees salaries, bonuses, health insurance e.t.c. and only the standard of living of the employees can improve.

unemployed people's standard of living can never improve magically and miraculously.

A state government IGR is similar to a private business profits, only difference is the state government has more employees to pay and more infrastructure to maintain.

you're a illiterate if you think high IGR equals improve standard of living of everyone.

Leave them, many of them don't understand basic economics and public administration.
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by CSTRR: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
codemaniacs:

A high IGR should mean improved standard of living for everyone.

States and countries with high taxes have high standard of living and a strong welfare system.

Unemployed people get welfare from the state.

From the UK, Finland, France, Sweden, Germany, America, to even south Africa here.
High IGR leads to more welfare benefits.

The igr is coming from taxes and taxes are supposed to make life better for the majority.
That's how it's any where in the world.

iGR is not for igr sake.
High IGR means more social welfare and benefits.

The reason why you are not benefiting a single thing from the IGR is because one baba somewhere and his boys has cornered the majority of the funds.

4 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Goalnaldo(m): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
Only today in fact few hours ago, I don lose 2600. Two of my inplay games cut by one. Same story from on Sunday. I no know who I offend cry

1 Like

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Helinus: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
They want to bill betting companies and use the money to buy new SUVs and fvck ashawo in New York grin

Not as if they would use the Money for the benefit of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by lexy2014: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
codemaniacs:

as some one who is literate, if you say high IGR doesnt equal improved standard of living of everyone, what then is the essence of the high IGR?
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by CSTRR: 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
benardtotti:

Leave them, many of them don't understand basic economics and public administration.
You are supporting a clown that is vomiting wrong economic theories that's only true in a banana republic like Nigeria.

That's the kind of argument a corrupt politician in Nigeria would say.

In which country in the world do you see where high taxes are paid and there is no single welfare benefits for the poor, aged and the unemployed?

Just give me one.

2 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by lexy2014: 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
benardtotti:

you are a scholar. since you "understand basic economics and public administration", can you pls explain using "basic economics and public administration" how high IGR is not meant to improve the living standard of the people
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by bigiyaro(m): 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2023
So no more petro-dollars to loot again, FG is forming this demonic lies to get thier long dirty fingers on gambling money. 65 million Nigerians spending about 18k everyday on gambling...this lie weak me.

4 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by CorperKola: 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Very soon, Tinubu will tax oxygen

1 Like

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by wittywriter: 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
benardtotti:

The NLer @benardtotti is a Confirmed Illiterate.
CSTRR:

You are supporting a clown that is vomiting wrong economic theories that's only true in a banana republic like Nigeria.

In which country in the world do you see where high taxes are paid and there is no single welfare benefits for the poor, aged and the unemployed?

Just give me one.

lexy2014:

you are a scholar. since you "understand basic economics and public administration", can you pls explain using "basic economics and public administration" how high IGR is not meant to improve the living standard of the people

Wittyness.
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Babalola0920: 11:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
Make sense alot of responsible looking people are gambler that shit need to be address !

1 Like

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by YourKarma: 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
hahahahahahahahahaha.....the government is shocked that you guys still have money to bet despite the harsh economy they've imposed on y'all, and so they want to tax bets so you'll pay additional 200 naira when you place a bet of 1k.

I mean....how dare y'all have money to bet? Una dey craze?

4 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by YourKarma: 11:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
Babalola0920:
Make sense alot of responsible looking people are gambler that shit need to be address !
Shattap Dia!!! Na your money dem dey use gamble?

2 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by ufotunang: 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lazy people in government...they want to generate money from people that bet and the company... since they have no idea on how to generate revenue forex into the country... nawaoooo 🙄

1 Like

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by ufotunang: 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lazy people in government...all they know is to tax the poor nigerians..but cannot provide a good life and good standard of living for nigerians
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by YourKarma: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
benardtotti:

I thought they said over half the population live on less than $1 a day ? I have always disputed that figure , this betting stats has once again vindicated my logic that most Nigerians are really not under poverty level.
Yes, we must push them below poverty line. Those silly nigerians even have money to bet, can you imagine that?
What rubbish! Up APC!!!
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Bigchristo: 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Illegal1(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
Taylor94:
He don carry come

Taxing taxing taxing that’s how he taxed Lagos to its knees

All the cocaine he sniffs who use to tax him?
omoh............senior man,u go use laff finish me for dis place
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Apel147(m): 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
Obi still no go still enter villa😜😜😜😜
All hail the online president of the republic of olodobidients😜😜😜😜😜😜

Taylor94:
He don carry come

1 Like

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Tradman: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2023
kokoA:
It's a good idea but will the revenue from this tax be used to develop our grassroot sports, build Morden sport facilities, properly fund our national teams in all sports, etc?
Chairman small small the consume ewedu
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by jonnieoneng: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2023
Omooba77:

https://www.thecable.ng/65m-nigerians-spend-15-daily-on-betting-fg-proposes-gaming-industry-tax-scheme/amp

Why is the APC Government pushing Nigerians against the Wall? You didn't provide employment for Nigerians! You went ahead to make policies that has made the Prices of Everything to raise uncontrollably. Nigerians now resorted to Gambling as a legitimate means of creating an employment or spendable money for themselves, you are now saying you will introduce Gaming Taxes?

APC, una dey look for Nigerians Wahall o!
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by benardtotti(m): 12:08am On Nov 01, 2023
CSTRR:

Just give me one.

Oga ! It is a proven fact Nigeria is under taxed , so where did you get your stats that Nigeria has high taxes ?,

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2023
OkCornel:
Lol, them go tax una kidney comot.

Naija never reach next level hardship yet.

When people start selling their blood and organs to survive, una go know what’s up.

This is nothing new. If you have used betsite from other African countries like Ghana and Kenya, you would have known that their Government tax them heavily on stakes and winning. This applies to South Africa, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Zambia, etc. I know this because I engage bettors from African countries and Europe everyday and see their tickets.

In Kenya for example, Government charge 5% on stakes and 20% on winnings. Meaning if you stake a game with 1,000ksh, your actual stake is 950ksh. And if you win a 10 odds game with that 950ksh, your actual winning is 7,600. This implies Kenya Government have taken away 2,400ksh as tax. This varied with Nigeria where bettors would win actual 10,000 naira for staking 1,000 naira on 10 odds. All the bet sites in Kenya from Betika to Sportybet or betpawa or charge heavily on stakers there. Only 1xbet doesn't tax them but one has to own a paypal or skrill to operate it.

This applies to stakers in Ghana too. You can ask anyone from Ghana how they operate there. In Turkey, Government only charge 5% on withdrawal of winnings. The popular bet there is betelephant. But none of this applies to Nigerian.

Some of my friends in Kenya and Ghana, I help them register those bet accounts, and Opay. Then they get their money without tax using eversend... This is how we operate under radar. Should Government start taxing betsite in Nigeria, that mean we will move to Europe or South America. Na dem go tire..

In all honesty, Nigerians are enjoying. We live in an almost free tax nation. The Government should just look elsewhere and not add a burden on the citizens. If they increase tax on the betting site, those companies can easily transfer the burden on their customers.

3 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Saidfx(m): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2023
Chinjo2:
God punish APC government. Out of hopelessness and poverty, people have now resorted to gambling as their only hope and now FG is thinking of imposing tax on the industry.

Please I want to ask the muslims in the house if profit from gambling is Haram or not.

100% Haram but we are all responsible for our deeds. Sex before marriage is sin and I can't allow a fresh teenage girl around me because I ain't hypocrite. I'm flesh

2 Likes

Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by Kingzjayzee: 12:55am On Nov 01, 2023
grin
Taylor94:
He don carry come

grin grin grin
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by hkidola00(m): 1:20am On Nov 01, 2023
kokoA:
It's a good idea but will the revenue from this tax be used to develop our grassroot sports, build Morden sport facilities, properly fund our national teams in all sports, etc?
good and brilliant question
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by hkidola00(m): 1:24am On Nov 01, 2023
codemaniacs:

shocked
codemaniacs:

wait court
Re: 65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax by OlujobaSamuel: 1:27am On Nov 01, 2023
codemaniacs:

bad idea.

bet companies are private companies and are already been tax by the federal government and state government..

what they want to tax are people who have won or are winning while they will still tax the betting companies..
Finally found someone with similar view.
The companies are taxed heavily already, they want to start taxing lottery winners which is wrong, how about when losses are made, who compensate the stakers?
Lottery winnings generally are tax exempt because it's never an investment for the stakers but a gamble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Start A Palm Oil Business In Nigeria(full Business Plan) / COVID-19: Sunti Sugar Gives Out Palliatives To Her 33 Host Communities (Photos) / How To Successfully Get Loan For Your Business - Marvejohndaily.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.