Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football (629 Views)

Lionel Messi Made The Biggest Individual Donation To Turkey And Syria / Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / CR7 And Messi Made History Today 27/4/2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by ChristCee: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
This is not a Messi Vs Ronaldo thread. Honestly.
I just want to use this piece to encourage every hustler out there.

"I think that's it. The national team is over for me," Messi told Argentinian television.

"It is for the good of everyone, for me and for all…I've tried a lot and we can't win a title. I'm unable to get it, it hurts me more than anyone," the striker added.

That was Messi announcing his retirement from the Argentine national team after missing a penalty that cost Argentina a Copa America trophy against Chile. He couldn't bear the pain of failure and the trolls, even from Argentina calling him useless and not as good as Maradona.
That was were his (Messi) crying image below originated from.
Luckily the efforts of people like coach Edgardo Bauza a former Argentine coach, persuaded the Barcelona (as of then) magician to come out of retirement.
Funny enough he started winning major trophies since then. Copa America, Finalisma, World cup and a record 7th and 8th ballon d'or.
When people criticize and condemn you, it is nothing.
But when you condemn yourself, you are completely finished!
Imagine the amount of major trophies Messi could have missed out on if he didn't come out of that retirement... He lost a crucial penalty to Chile but just imagine the numbers of crucial penalties he scored during the Copa America campaign he won and the world cup. He put Argentina into the game with his first goal and balanced the penalty shootout with his first kick as well.
Man thought he was not good enough to win a Copa America...he didn't know he has all it takes to win the world.
Bros, don't give up. Just don't lose hope in yourself. Don't ever make that mistake.
One day, you might rule the world.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by Cruise777: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hmmmn

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by LIVINGICONREBOR: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hmm. Spitting some real stuff right there. "When you give up on yourself then you are completely finished"👍

3 Likes

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by Casham: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2023
Thank You for this piece. Thank You!!!!!!! Thank You!! You are talking to me. I know this is for me!!!!!!!Really, Thank You. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by ChristCee: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
ChristCee:

"I think that's it. The national team is over for me," Messi told Argentinian television.

"It is for the good of everyone, for me and for all…I've tried a lot and we can't win a title. I'm unable to get it, it hurts me more than anyone," the striker added.

That was Messi announcing his retirement from the Argentine national team after missing a penalty that cost Argentina a Copa America trophy against Chile. He couldn't bear the pain of failure and the trolls, even from Argentina calling him useless and not as good as Maradona.
Luckily the efforts of people like coach Edgardo Bauza a former Argentine coach, persuaded the Barcelona (as of then) magician to come out of retirement.
Funny enough he started winning major trophies since then. Copa America, Finalisma, World cup and a record 7th and 8th ballon d'or.
Imagine the amount of major trophies Messi could have missed out on if he didn't come out of that retirement... He lost a crucial penalty to Chile but just imagine the numbers of crucial penalties he scored during the Copa America campaign he won and the world cup. He put Argentina into the game with his first goal and balanced the penalty shootout with his first kick as well.
Man thought he was not good enough to win a Copa America...he didn't know he has all it takes to win the world.
Bros, don't give up. Just don't lose hope in yourself. Don't ever make that mistake.
Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by UrgentNeeds(m): 1:30pm On Jan 20
ChristCee:

A Great Mind - You Are!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by ChristCee: 11:20am On Jan 21
UrgentNeeds:

A Great Mind - You Are!
Thanks Boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by UrgentNeeds(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21
ChristCee:

Thanks Boss

I already saved your contact.

I'll be reaching out to you soonest.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Mistake Messi Made In Football by Muyiddeen(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21
Good evening, I'm KolaGamer I Played video games to entertain video games lovers.
On my YouTube channel I played FC24 Manager Career Mode on PS5, where i take absolutely control everything in the team, From tactical philosophy to sign new players and sell out players, drive my squad's destiny, whether it be narrowly avoiding relegation or picking up the Champions League or the European league Trophy 🏆
My channel is entertaining played from Season to Season, Episode to Episode
Please subscribe to YouTube channel to get entertained and follow me from series to series. Peace out!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adGxuw4FNs

(1) (Reply)

Jobs And Scholarships Via Sms / Scolari To Africa [angola] / Eagles Don't Need France, Ireland Friendlies, Says Westerhof!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.