Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Meet Lola Mewu, The Artist Chasing Guinness World Record For Longest Painting Ma - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Meet Lola Mewu, The Artist Chasing Guinness World Record For Longest Painting Ma (209 Views)

GWR: Chancellor Ahaghotu Breaks Record For Longest Painting Hours / Matthew Eguavoen, The Artist Who Paints The Soul Of Africa / Ben Enwonwu’s Missing Painting, Tutu, Found In London Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Lola Mewu, The Artist Chasing Guinness World Record For Longest Painting Ma by Awesome6s: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nigerian Artist, Oyinlola Odemewu also known as Lola Mewu is currently 70 hours into her Guinness World Record attempt for the longest painting marathon which is pegged at 72 hours.

Lola Mewu surpassed the 60-hour record set in the same category by Ronald Palmeart, a Belgian-Canadian man in 2013 at 6:30 am on Tuesday, having started her marathon, at 6:30 pm on Saturday.

The Lagos-based visual and 2D artist is also a lawyer.

The 3-day marathon painting attempt is certified by Guinness World Records as stated in Lola’s tweet

“I’m thrilled to announce that Guinness World Records has given me the green light for the longest painting marathon! On October 28–30, 2023, I’ll embark on an incredible journey of creativity and endurance.”

Many of the paintings evoke a sense of nostalgia, depicting scenes of children playing in a classroom, family interactions, early days of GSM call centers, social gatherings, and more.

Read more: https://www.crispng.com/meet-lola-mewu-the-artist-chasing-guinness-world-record-for-longest-painting-marathon/

(1) (Reply)

Using Graphics Is Essentiall BUILDING A BUSINESS / Best And Funniest Video I Have Ever Watched On Youtube / PARAKLETOS - KARINA SAMSON [gospel Music]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.