Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple (5599 Views)

Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari / The Story Of Haaroot And Maaroot –II (Characteristics & treatment of Witchcraft) / The Story Of Haroot And Maroot – I (Origin of Magic/Witchcraft) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by akinsmail51: 7:28am On Nov 01, 2023
Thinking about the story of Zakariya (peace be upon him) is very beneficial for anyone who is infertile. In it there is great hope for expecting couples!

The story has already been given in detail at the beginning of Surah Maryam and also in Surah `Imran. Here an abbreviated version is given.

In Soorat al-Anbiya, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning with exegesis from Tafsir ibn Kathir):

﴿ إِذۡ نَادَىٰ رَبَّهُ ۥ ﴾
(when he cried to his Lord) means, in secret, hiding it from his people.

﴿ رَبِّ لَا تَذَرۡنِى فَرۡدً۬ا ﴾
(O My Lord! Leave me not single,) means, with no child and no heir to stand among the people after me.

﴿ وَأَنتَ خَيۡرُ ٱلۡوَٲرِثِينَ ﴾
(though You are the Best of the inheritors.) This is a supplication and form of praise befitting the topic.

Allah says:

﴿ فَٱسۡتَجَبۡنَا لَهُ ۥ وَوَهَبۡنَا لَهُ ۥ يَحۡيَىٰ وَأَصۡلَحۡنَا لَهُ ۥ زَوۡجَهُ ۥۤ‌ۚ ﴾
(So We answered his call, and We bestowed upon him Yahya, and cured his wife for him.) Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid and Sa`id bin Jubayr said: "She was barren and never had a child, then she gave birth.''

﴿ إِنَّهُمۡ ڪَانُواْ يُسَـٰرِعُونَ فِى ٱلۡخَيۡرَٲتِ ﴾
(Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds,) means, acts of worship and acts of obedience towards Allah.

﴿ وَيَدۡعُونَنَا رَغَبً۬ا وَرَهَبً۬ا‌ۖ ﴾
(and they used to call on Us with hope and fear,) Ath-Thawri said, "Hoping for that (reward) which is with Us and fearing that (punishment) which is with Us.''

﴿ وَڪَانُواْ لَنَا خَـٰشِعِينَ ﴾
(and they were Khashi`in before Us.) `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported from Ibn `Abbas that this means, sincerely believing in that which was revealed by Allah.

One may also ponder the story of Ibraaheem and his wife Saarah, whom Allaah rewarded for their patience with Ishaaq when Ibraaheem was very old. He was also given another son, Ismaaeel.

Allaah tells us that His khaleel (friend) said (interpretation of the meaning):

All praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has given me in old age Ismaaeel and Ishaaq. Verily! My Lord is indeed the All-Hearer of invocations.[Ibraaheem 14:39]

Ibn Kathir said it is well-known that Isma`il was thirteen years older than Ishaq.

Our Lord! Leave us not single (childless), though You are the Best of the inheritors.

Our Lord! Grant us from You a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by Bolack: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2023
wink smiley
Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by motayoayinde: 10:20am On Nov 03, 2023
Baarakallahu feek

3 Likes

Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by Mpcoll001: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2023
Suratul Anbiya is one of the suwar I love most... So many great people talked about and worthy of emulation

4 Likes

Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by olayinka63: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Jazakallahu khayra
Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by Expanse2020(m): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Barakallahufhik

1 Like

Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by chillychill(f): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2023
Jazakumllah khayran.. may Allah reward op abundantly.

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by akinsmail51: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2023
Aamiin

chillychill
post=126773428:

Jazakumllah khayran.. may Allah reward op abundantly.

Re: Story Of Hope For Expecting Couple by AbuTwins: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2023
Jazaak Allaahu ustadh!

May Allah increase us all in good.

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad's Love For Women / The Miraculous Crack On The Wall Of The Holy Ka'ba In Makkah / Drawing Pictures & Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.