Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! (509 Views)

Over $240 Million Erased From Crypto Traders In 24 Hours / US Chipmakers, Intel And Qualcomm Could Lose Ten Of Billion In Huawei Ban / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Kushites: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2023
An American guy stands to lose $240 million after forgetting the password on his crypto account!

The app he uses with the account gives him ten attempts to type his password.

The guy has tried 8 times without success. Right now he has 2 attempts left, and if he fails, he kisses goodbye to the money!

So far he has been approached by hackers promising to solve the issue for him, and he is negotiating with a firm, but there is no guarantee it will work!

https://www.unilad.com/news/money/hackers-solution-man-forgot-password-bitcoin-fortune-349621-20231031
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Cruise777: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2023
How about the account key
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Kushites: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2023
Cruise777:
How about the account key

The system is set up in a way that once he misses 10 attempts, the account crashes and cannot be retrieved even by the owner of the platform! The idea was to safeguard against sharp practices!

But it has caused this guy major problems!
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Cruise777: 9:42am On Nov 01, 2023
Kushites:

The system is set up in a way that once he misses 10 attempts, the account crashes and cannot be retrieved even by the owner of the platform! The idea was to safeguard against sharp practices!

That's a difficult one

No Private key to his wallet

No password

Perhaps they can decode his browser history, cookies or use an RDP on his Computer

That money should not go like that

2 Likes

Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by accordadoga29(f): 9:49am On Nov 01, 2023
Hehehe

My bitcoin wey no worth $12k sef I don’t joke with the password and recovery key

$250m about to go down.

SORRY is his name already.

But he can still double-check all of his digital storage for any record of the recovery key and password.
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by superCleanworks(m): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2023
I have over 12 different passwords in my head and still remember my Matric number after 20 years. E come be to forget password to where money dey! If I hear.

1 Like

Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Throwback: 9:51am On Nov 01, 2023
Over protection would always lead to loss.

6 Likes

Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by nnachukz(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2023
When your making becomes your undoing. When your dog bought to protect you now becomes a threat to your safety.
Overprotection can sometimes treat the maker as a thief. Suspecting every of his moved and shutting the doors against.
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by JOemmy(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2023
Kushites:

So no forget password option like we have in other apps?
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by OlujobaSamuel: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2023
How about the forget password option??
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by ottersberger(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2023
Kushites:
An American guy stands to lose $240 million after forgetting the password on his crypto account!

The app he uses with the account gives him ten attempts to type his password.

The guy has tried 8 times without success. Right now he has 2 attempts left, and if he fails, he kisses goodbye to the money!

So far he has been approached by hackers promising to solve the issue for him, and he is negotiating with a firm, but there is no guarantee it will work!

https://www.unilad.com/news/money/hackers-solution-man-forgot-password-bitcoin-fortune-349621-20231031

Not a problem. What are Nigeria prophets and pastors for?. Abi dem no dey see in the spirit again?.
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by wrongnumber: 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
I lost my password to twl bitcoins I got for free when bitcoin was worth almost zero $
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by wrongnumber: 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
How about the forget password option??

I don't think bitcoin access has that.
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Resurrection212: 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
What's the name of the platform?liar.
Re: American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password! by Chronosvineberg(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2023
Already lost.

(1) (Reply)

Truck For Hire / A Discuss On Personnel Efficiency At The Workplace. / Beautify, Protect And Preserve Your Laptop Skins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.