Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Who Is Your Role Model In Life? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Your Role Model In Life? (117 Views)

LAPO Founder, Dr Ehigiamusoe Advocates TIET Business Model In Entrepreneurship / How Martial Arts Can Help With Your Role At Work. / Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Role Model In Life? by akinsmail51: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2023
Why should you have a mentor?

Even the brightest minds and industry experts understand the importance of seeking advice.

Here's the bitter truth, you will NEVER have all the answers.

There’s immense value in collaborating and learning from peers and mentors.

Let me tell you one way one of my mentors had benefited me this year and saved me from what could be a waste of time, money and energy.

So on the second day of last Ileya festival (Eid ul adha), I decided to visit one of my mentors, baba as I fondly call him.

It's been a while I visited him, perhaps after six months or more, I know he would have been wondering about my whereabouts.

For sure, I know Baba loves to reach out to me to monitor my progress in life and in business.

But baba always lose his phone and automatically he won't have access to call me except when I visit him or call him myself.

I called him around noon that I would like to meet him that afternoon, he's happy to hear from me again and told me that he would be waiting for me.

I rushed to meet Baba and here's our dialogue;

Baba; Ismaeel, it's been a while I hear from you. Where have you been?

Me: it's hustling for what to eat, sir. I got so busy hankering for what to eat.

Baba: In fact, one day I parked at where we used to meet at so so place. I was looking for your car

Me: Sorry, sir. I am always there whenever I am around. Though I do go there in the evening.

Baba: How are you, your family and business?

Me: The family is fine, I am fine too, alhamdulillah. But the business is ki•lling and exhausting.

Baba; Sincerely I have been thinking about you, we have some gists.

Then, baba told me about his new car and the time he spent at the hospital due to sickness.

Me; So sorry to hear about your sickness and I am happy with the news of your new car.

Baba; Let's talk about your business

Me; After some preliminary discussion. I told him I have to step aside from some of my businesses and seek fortune else where.

Baba; What else do you do to make money now? And what is your next move?

Me: I told him about the daily-income business I was pursuing then. As regards what next, baba.

That's why I am here, I want us to reason together on it, sir.

And this is what I want you to do for me, connect me with your network in the Northern part of the country and let me go and hustle in their midst.

While you help me to work on how your links here will be sending goods to me wherever I am so that I won't be selling in bulk alone, I will sell in retail as well, sir.

Baba: After deep breath, Ismaeel now is not the time to do business that involves heavy logistics. Logistics and transports will take away most of your profits.

Also, when there's a change in government, it's advisable for a business man to wait and see the pattern of economic activities (policies) the new govt will introduce.

In fact, one of my friends from there who came here to buy and take his wares to north for sale complained to me two days ago that he struggled to break even.

And note it that he's an expert and he's been in the same business for decades!

Hence, wait, let's do this. Then, he relayed his advice to me.

Me: I will do as suggested, sir.

End of Discussion, then menu menu followed.

Here's my point, his advice saved me from what could lead to another round of wasted efforts and loss.

Baba was the second person that forecast (from experience) that the price of items would be escalated and roared high.

Another person who said so, contacted me for a business plan to then, but when I observed the person didn't take about what in it for me, I deflected the task.

The truth is choosing the right mentors in life is important for success.

Most entrepreneurs that are successful in business learned from someone called a mentor.

It's said the youth can walk faster but the elder knows the road. The experience of others is the best classroom you will ever find!

A mentor—or “role model”—is like a teacher who shares their experience and guides others to become better at something.

Who is your role model in life?

Ismaeel Akintayo Owolabi
#BeBusinessSmart

Re: Who Is Your Role Model In Life? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2023
cheesy cheesy I have no role model except Christ Jesus, because He is the Only Role Model worth emulating.He strengthen me to be a better person by His Grace and Spirit,so that I can be an overcomer in all that I do.
He gives me victory over my internal and external enemies, and so I am marching in undiluted victory over them both spiritually and in law courts.
No human is my role model, because humans are not infallible and cannot be trusted.
Re: Who Is Your Role Model In Life? by wittywriter: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2023
I have not just one but a handful of role models as a writer and online/remote earner which ultimately is making me a better administrator for my mentees and organ.

Wittyness.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Role Model In Life? by brainycaleb(m): 2:12am On Nov 03, 2023
My role model in the business world is Samsung Corp!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Adire Varieties / What Is Network Management And Why Is It Important? / I Need 3years Old Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.