Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December (24900 Views)

Nigeria’s Official Exchange Rate To Hit N1,068/$ By 2025 – EIU / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / JP Ejere's Burial: Omoaefe Ejere Buries His Father (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Calitoscassius(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2023
How much did Tifnubu pay JP Morgan to tell thi porkies grin

This is like saying we hope that Pigs will fly next week
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Kurumaru: 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Awon werey, Dem wan make we go sell our small Dollars..
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by ufuosman(m): 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2023
Na hope d common man go dey hope
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by atinga1: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2023
[quote author= post=126760410][/quote]
You're the clown here.
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by InvertedHammer: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2023
/
That's good news... especially for those with huge reserves to load up on US$ for a long term. 5 years down the line it may be N3000/$.

When you think Nigeria, think Venezuela.

/
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Originalsly: 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
socialmediaman:

Verdict: We believe there is no solid evidence to back the claim that USD will crash against the naira

I beg to disagree. I do agree with the projection .... that by year end it will be around N850/USD1.... but not for the reasons given. My theory is the the Naira slid to record lows recently because of scarcity of the USD ... scarcity caused by a surge in demand ... surge in demand to purchase goods for the Christmas season. I predict no later than Nov 20th .... we will see the turning of the tide ... the strengthening of the Naira. My reason is at this point ... merchants ... the driving force behind the demand ... will no longer be needing cash to invest ... bit will now be waiting for returns on their investment ... the sale of their goods. With the easing of demand ... the Naira will begin to appreciate... and increase pace by mid December when those in the diaspora come trooping in loaded with cash flooding the market. Why wouldn't the Naira then not appreciate from the present depth of 1000-1200 to 850 or higher?

This is my view ... view from the streets.

1 Like

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by crixlight2(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2023
Ejyksneh:
As long as Ebola Thimbulu remains in Aso rock with his yooroooba head slammers in the head of Nigeria affairs, nothing is going to change.

I can bet with my right balls that naira would be 1500 to a dollar by December 2023.

It's on record that nothing good can come out from South West and as such, I left my yoroóba girlfriend of 6 years whom I have f#ucked since God knows when.
She has been begging me to take her back, but I can't have anything to do with any black looking, tribal mark ridden and watery-peppery soup lover in my life....God forbid! Tueh
Sha no commit suicide, because it be like say this Tinubu presidency Dey pain you pass anybody
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by commoditiesnig: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2023
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Luckysbab: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:

Until I see prices of goods and services start dropping, all these remain balablu bulaba projections.

Tipper of sand that sold for 37k last Friday, jumped to 40k on Monday. Same with prices of other goods and services.

So how did the dollar rate affect price of sand?
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Princewill1(m): 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2023
Apart from other factors, during end of the year festive period, dollar rates often falls due to higher dollar liquidity brought in by Nigerians returning home from aboard.

1 Like

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by chijokz(m): 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2023
socialmediaman:
Let's test this projection:

1. Price of oil will stay up because of the conflicts in the middle east and eastern europe, which should be an advantage to Nigeria. The problem, however, is that Nigeria has swapped a lot of crude oil for advance payment, so this may not really make much impact

2. After what Buhari did in the last election, a lot of corrupt money will be in USD under lock and key permanently because politicians don't want to go through those problems again, so there will be continued demand pressure on USD

3. Nigeria exports very little and imports a lot, so USD inflow from business exports is not significant enough to drive down demand pressure on USD.

4. International remittances from abroad should ordinarily provide some liquidity, but the internal pressure from businessmen (importers), corrupt politicians, and JAPA people will continue to put demand pressure on the USD

5. USD has been rising against other currencies of the world not just the naira, if that trend continues, why will it crash against the naira?

6. Nigeria is a very corrupt country, policies rarely work, especially coming from a government with disputed legitimacy. Politicians are taking advantage of FX corrupt backdoor deals happening daily in the country, and I don't see this ending anytime soon

I think what happening is the usual rise of fall wedges while the currency is on its way up, as shown below

Verdict: We believe there is no solid evidence to back the claim that USD will crash against the naira

You're spot on and I applaud your logical and well articulated assertion.
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by richeeyo(m): 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
mmsen:
People are still listening to these idiots?

When they have been right...
Those idiots run the world's trade, you what do you run?
Your mouth
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Theunbothered: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2023
post=126760388:

True that....

Some enemies of the country,
Aka, children of frustrations, perdition and hate will be in severe pains right now.
All they want is for dollars $ to go to #2000,
So they can start justifying their frustrated and miserable lives.

Nigeria 🇳🇬 will be great Whether the evil ones like it or not

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬.

We Rise.

MANNABBQGRILLSs are you not tired of posting rubbish? You are not even being paid to debase yourself to this degree. undecided

1 Like

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by JIBO4REAL(m): 12:28am On Nov 03, 2023
Ejyksneh:
As long as Ebola Thimbulu remains in Aso rock with his yooroooba head slammers in the head of Nigeria affairs, nothing is going to change.

I can bet with my right balls that naira would be 1500 to a dollar by December 2023.

It's on record that nothing good can come out from South West and as such, I left my yoroóba girlfriend of 6 years whom I have f#ucked since God knows when.
She has been begging me to take her back, but I can't have anything to do with any black looking, tribal mark ridden and watery-peppery soup lover in my life....God forbid! Tueh

Your right ball is of no use already
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Geovanni412(m): 12:46am On Nov 03, 2023
UnknownT:
Nigerian economy defies all the global economic best practice. You know how many renowned economists the economy has turned to "amateurs" cos all their predictions about it went South

JPmorgan will be banking on this and fiammm, a news will come that the idiotss in power want to spend millions in dollars to import luxury for themselves and that will tank the Nigeria

My mentor always told me the same thing....

Nigeria defies all known economic projections and principles

A man might be trying to build a project that will help employ the locals and instead of them supporting him, they will charge him 'marching ground' rites.

1 Like

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by CedarHoldings: 1:09am On Nov 03, 2023
JP Morgan should not o,I just bought few for #1040 now now , make I see some gain on top biko.
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by tctrills: 1:12am On Nov 03, 2023
GRACEGLORY:

I refuse to lose hope in Nigeria . So, I choose to believe. Contrary to your opinions..., that's your problem.
Are you willing to place a bet on Nigeria. I will give you 1 million if dollar falls to N850 in the open market and you would give me N500k if it remains N1000 and above by December 31st.

1 Like

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Candidate004: 1:53am On Nov 03, 2023
K
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by jrobbins: 2:29am On Nov 03, 2023
post=126760387:
Good news for our economy

Zombie
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by BALLOSKI: 4:15am On Nov 03, 2023

the President of the Association of Bureau de Change Operators of Nigeria, Aminu Gwadabe

This man is a lifetime president of this association or what? I've always seen his name whenever dollar is mentioned with BDC.
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Boc007(m): 6:03am On Nov 03, 2023
socialmediaman:
Let's test this projection:

1. Price of oil will stay up because of the conflicts in the middle east and eastern europe, which should be an advantage to Nigeria. The problem, however, is that Nigeria has swapped a lot of crude oil for advance payment, so this may not really make much impact

2. After what Buhari did in the last election, a lot of corrupt money will be in USD under lock and key permanently because politicians don't want to go through those problems again, so there will be continued demand pressure on USD

3. Nigeria exports very little and imports a lot, so USD inflow from business exports is not significant enough to drive down demand pressure on USD.

4. International remittances from abroad should ordinarily provide some liquidity, but the internal pressure from businessmen (importers), corrupt politicians, and JAPA people will continue to put demand pressure on the USD

5. USD has been rising against other currencies of the world not just the naira, if that trend continues, why will it crash against the naira?

6. Nigeria is a very corrupt country, policies rarely work, especially coming from a government with disputed legitimacy. Politicians are taking advantage of FX corrupt backdoor deals happening daily in the country, and I don't see this ending anytime soon

I think what happening is the usual rise of fall wedges while the currency is on its way up, as shown below

I love this analysis. You’re a genius.
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Ubanz: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2023
Weldone JP Morgan, the custodians of Nigerias stolen wealth.
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Ubanz: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2023
Weldone JP Morgan, the custodians of Nigerias stolen wealth
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Fearyourcreator: 6:20am On Nov 03, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:

Until I see prices of goods and services start dropping, all these remain balablu bulaba projections.

Tipper of sand that sold for 37k last Friday, jumped to 40k on Monday. Same with prices of other goods and services.
Dollar dropped people still adding money on goods... sand wey them dey pack for inside bush , abi them dey import sand again
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by rajiedreez: 6:36am On Nov 03, 2023
Ejyksneh:

I'll remind you
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by uniquetechng: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2023
post=126760388:

True that....

Aka, children of frustrations, perdition and hate will be in severe pains right now.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬.

We Rise.
The thing is you like your other supporters of failures and incompetence are not intelligent, dollar exchanging 850/$ at the I & E window means 1,250/$ at the parallel market.
So there is nothing to celebrate, not that I expect you to understand it though.

1 Like

Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by phemmyfour: 9:08am On Nov 03, 2023
post=126760388:

True that....

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬.

We Rise.
Suffering and smiling. Na today projection dey fail for this Country

You don't just put projection on no substance. We are realist, your type are Mr "follow follow" according to Fela
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Pepperoyinbo: 9:28am On Nov 03, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/jp-morgan-projects-n850-by-december/

Take it back to #216 if you want us to be happy with you. You can't multiply the hardship you criticize by four and expects us to be happy
Re: JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December by Omola2ulv: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2023
Loading is scamming app,stop using !!!
see details in link:

https://www.nairaland.com/7899180/loadng-exchanger-paypal-scam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria / Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.