Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Sugar Girl: One Of My Favorite Childhood Novels - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sugar Girl: One Of My Favorite Childhood Novels (380 Views)

Unsung Heroes: Kola Onadipe, The Author Who Gave Us Sugar Girl. / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Girl: One Of My Favorite Childhood Novels by constancefriday(m): 1:18am On Nov 03, 2023
Sugar Girl: One of my favorite Childhood Novels

Throwback: Apostle Constance C. Friday remembers one of his favorite Childhood Novels.

Sugar Girl by Kola Onadipe is very interesting. Not only Sugar Girl but also a lot of other sweet novels such as "Without a silver spoon" by Eddie Iroh, "An African Night Entertainment" by Cyprain Ekwensu plus "Eze goes to school" ( I think we should rename that book Eze went to school) plus many more.

One particular thing I loved about Sugar Girl (Raliat) was how she got lost in the evil forest and a very scary old woman saw her and took her to her hut in the bush.
Now the suspense, made reading the book feel like watching a movie.
At some point she started to feel uneasy and suspicious of that old woman and the other old woman that was with her.
So that night she didn't sleep. She overheard the two old women discussing and looking at her and she heard one of them say "tomorrow morning"
So she said to herself, "So tomorrow morning, these two old women will kill and eat me"
So she got up and took off while they were both asleep!
It's a very interesting story, you can get the novel and read it for yourself and find out if what I just said is true or not.
Remain Blessed!
Re: Sugar Girl: One Of My Favorite Childhood Novels by FaceTanke: 6:28am On Nov 03, 2023
Yeah good book

But her suspicions were wrong, the women were just old and not witches
Re: Sugar Girl: One Of My Favorite Childhood Novels by constancefriday(m): 12:01am On Nov 04, 2023
FaceTanke:
Yeah good book

But her suspicions were wrong, the women were just old and not witches

Really. . . I didn't remember those parts of the story smiley

(1) (Reply)

Freestyle. / A Stream Of Suddenness / Neza Kurusha Uko Iri Iyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.