Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

The Japa After The Japa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Japa After The Japa (2971 Views)

What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 10:47am On Nov 03, 2023
Word through the grapevine is that japarians to the UK and Canada are not pleased with matters on the ground and they intend to japa again from where they japad to. They say those who japa to London want to japa again to Canada and those who japa to Canada want to japa again to USA . So it’s not a stretch to say the one that japa from uk to Canada will in the future be itching to japa to USA . The wandering gypsys

15 Likes

Re: The Japa After The Japa by ScalesDemy: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
The ones in Nigeria want to go to the UK.
The ones in UK want to go to Canada
The ones in Canada to US
Some in the US to Australia.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Japa After The Japa by Mindlog: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
"From Ur, Abraham traveled 700 miles to the borders of present-day Iraq, another 700 miles into Syria, another 800 down to Egypt by the inland road, and then back into Canaan - what is now Israel"......So japa after japa, no start today. cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japa After The Japa by Mindlog: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2023
ScalesDemy:
The ones in Nigeria want to go to the UK.
The ones in UK want to go to Canada
The ones in Canada to US
Some in the US to Australia.

Nah, recruiters from hospitals in Kuwait will be in Birmingham (UK) tomorrow alongside those from Australia to dangle more paying healthcare jobs to those registered professionals in the UK especially Kuwait with Arab oil money, if na you, shey u no go consider am? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Update: I just came out from the job fair centre here in Birmingham, one of the island state of Australia is dangling better paying jobs, offering Permanent Residency before arriving Australia and after 2 years of arrival, Australian citizenship. cheesy cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Japa After The Japa by Tinyemeka(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
sukkot:
Word through the grapevine is that japarians to the UK and Canada are not pleased with matters on the ground and they intend to japa again from where they japad to. They say those who japa to London want to japa again to Canada and those who japa to Canada want to japa again to USA . So it’s not a stretch to say the one that japa from uk to Canada will in the future be itching to japa to USA . The wandering gypsys

For some, the UK is more like a stepping stone.
The easiest opportunity of escaping Nigeria first, before proceeding to the final destination.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japa After The Japa by GloriousGbola: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2023
sukkot:

Its called economic migration, after all

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2023
Mindlog:
"From Ur, Abraham traveled 700 miles to the borders of present-day Iraq, another 700 miles into Syria, another 800 down to Egypt by the inland road, and then back into Canaan - what is now Israel"......So japa after japa, no start today. cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy no be today e start

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Its called economic migration, after all
true indeed lol
Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2023
Tinyemeka:

For some, the UK is more like a stepping stone.
The easiest opportunity of escaping Nigeria first, before proceeding to the final destination.
oh i see. sounds like too much unstability

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by GloriousGbola: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2023
sukkot:
true indeed lol

My doc friends were in UK in the late 2000s.now they have moved to Canada. More money but more stress

Americans and those influenced by them do not respect work life balance.

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

My doc friends were in UK in the late 2000s.now they have moved to Canada. More money but more stress

Americans and those influenced by them do not respect work life balance.
I have a friend exactly like that. Earns his living examining and probing the nether regions of the female form. A gynecologist. Was in England struggling. Moved to Canada and now living well but depressed as hell because of boredom. Yeah it’s all about work in those places. Plus every other week you are expected to sleep on hospital premises for night shift. The money is great but the life is hell

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by Tinyemeka(m): 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
sukkot:
oh i see. sounds like too much unstability

How?
Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
sukkot:
I have a friend exactly like that. Earns his living examining and probing the nether regions of the female form. A gynecologist. Was in England struggling. Moved to Canada and now living well but depressed as hell because of boredom. Yeah it’s all about work in those places. Plus every other week you are expected to sleep on hospital premises for night shift. The money is great but the life is hell
Hmmn.. make hin go marry nah and av kids to reduce boredom. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Hmmn.. make hin go marry nah and av kids to reduce boredom. cheesy
he is married and has kids lol

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2023
Tinyemeka:

How?
moving around. its an unstable life
Re: The Japa After The Japa by Inner19(m): 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
May God deliver Nigerians from the numerous Herod's of our country Egypt Nigeria so that these individuals can have peace and stop moving from one country to the other like fugitives when they have a home somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: The Japa After The Japa by Natural2Heal: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2023
sukkot:

What about the Nigerians in Germany too? Do they JAPA away after a while or are they finally contented with Germany?
Re: The Japa After The Japa by Icesnow(f): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
Mindlog:

Nah, recruiters from hospitals in Kuwait will be in Birmingham (UK) tomorrow alongside those from Australia to dangle more paying healthcare jobs to those registered professionals in the UK especially Kuwait with Arab oil money, if na you, shey u no go consider am? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Update: I just came out from the job fair centre here in Birmingham, one of the island state of Australia is dangling better paying jobs, offering Permanent Residency before arriving Australia and after 2 years of arrival, Australian citizenship. cheesy cheesy
You care to share the next job fair for Australian recruiters?
Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2023
sukkot:
he is married and has kids lol
Hmmmm... It's serious o.. With all the beauty of that place, you wonder how possible it is for the words suffering and depression to come out of people's mouth. I think it is that beauty like paradise which intoxicates and hypnotize people who haven't traveled before.

Me sef never travel before too, but some things I dey hear and see for daddy Freeze youtube channel these days dey scary. Also, I talked with a random woman I followed on Instagram and a picture post of hers was that the kind enjoyment wey people think she dey enjoy for abroad, make God give dem, and she continued in writing that where she dey, dey lonely, depressing and stressful, that she knows people personally that couldn't cope and landed in psychiatry home.

She finally said that if she's better informed, she wouldn't have come. And I teased her why she no come back, she say I'm free to come explore the world cheesy grin. Na vigilante she dey do as I see am.
However, the environment, her pics and kids etc. are very very posh and clean, even the food. But this brings the confusion again, how's it that people complain about depression and stress yet fill our eyes with sumptuous tempting pictures of luxury.

This issue and situation is worth a case study and research on its own, I tire jàre 😫😔

Meanwhile, you never send me that reading o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japa After The Japa by zichien: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
It is multifactorial. Generally the older you are at the time of "japa", the harder it is to adjust.
1) It can be socially isolating. At work you have to adjust to the accents, and cant even laugh anyhow, and will just be tensed up... you finish work and come home and wont see anyone to talk t.. you go to church the same thing. Unless you find a Nigerian church.
2) The weather: It can be cold, and annoying, and will make you want to stay in doors and not come out
3) Lack of sunlight. Honestly there is something about seeing the sun that gives one joy. If youve lived in a country like Nigeria with beautiful weather, and correct sunlight, and you are now transported to a place with gloomy depressing weather, ah your brain sef will be doing some how
4) Bills. You've migrated with all the expectations. Your people sent you forth at the airport. They told you job full everywhere, money is everywhere. You work .. and by work I mean you put in those long hard hours ..and are paid your first pay check and see how much is deducted as tax. and how much finally ends up in your account. In Nigeria you are used to surviving on your paycheck + bribe+ plus urgent 1k. You can owe Iya Basira, and owe your landlord, and sort electricity. Now here you are surviving on paycheck alone which is "Salary-(taxes-monthly rent-monthly phone bill-monthly gas/water bill-monthly deduction to send home-monthly deduction for car insurance). What is left off is then saved. And then there is the pressure because you are seeing the ones that are carrying" you know what" flaunting on instagram,and making you look like an idiot, and lazy... and you begin to wonder wether it is not the same Japa,or God that you are serving.
5) When you were in Nigeria, you had an excuse for not succeeding. You could blame Jonathan, Or Buhari, or Tinubu or ipob. Now you are here, and have arrived... and typical oyibo expects one to take accountability for their actions. The buck stops on you. No one to blame for your lack of progress but yourself.. so some folks fall into depression because a sheep in Nigeria is still a sheep in Canada, Uk etc. Someone that used an agent to sort through university, used an agent to find them a school abroad, an agent to apply for their visa, has now come to a setting where you have to DIY. No agent will tell you how to apply for that extra certificate that will help you advance your career, no agent will tell you how to create a strategic long term plan such that in 10years you will be at the top of your career, no agent will tell you what classes to choose to develop the skill sets that are highly sought after. So someone who has always lacked the self efficacy, and accountability, someone who doesnt know how to take ownership, and blames others eg " my mother is a witch", "my village people did me" " they sent me poison"... will struggle badly, and can fall into depression.

This isnt all... but just a few random thoughts

-
FinidiGeorge:

Hmmmm... It's serious o.. With all the beauty of that place, you wonder how possible it is for the words suffering and depression to come out of people's mouth. I think it is that beauty like paradise which intoxicates and hypnotize people who haven't traveled before.

Me sef never travel before too, but some things I dey hear and see for daddy Freeze youtube channel these days dey scary. Also, I talked with a random woman I followed on Instagram who I followed and her picture post was that the kind enjoyment wey people think she dey enjoy for abroad, make God give dem, and she continued in writing that where she dey dey lonely depressing and stressful, that she knows people personally that couldn't cope and landed in psychiatry home.

She finally said that if she's better informed, she wouldn't have come. And I teased her why she no come back, she say I'm free to come explore the world cheesy grin. Na vigilante she dey do as I see am.
However, the environment, her pics and kids etc. Are very very posh and clean, even the food. But this brings the confusion again, how's it that people complain about depression and stress yet fill our eyes with sumptuous tempting pictures of luxury.

This issue and situation is worth a case study and research on its own, I tire with jàre 😫😔

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Japa After The Japa by Originalsly: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
zichien:

It is multifactorial. Generally the older you are at the time of "japa", the harder it is to adjust.
1) It can be socially isolating. At work you have to adjust to the accents, and cant even laugh anyhow, and will just be tensed up... you finish work and come home and wont see anyone to talk t.. you go to church the same thing. Unless you find a Nigerian church.
2) The weather: It can be cold, and annoying, and will make you want to stay in doors and not come out
3) Lack of sunlight. Honestly there is something about seeing the sun that gives one joy. If youve lived in a country like Nigeria with beautiful weather, and correct sunlight, and you are now transported to a place with gloomy depressing weather, ah your brain sef will be doing some how

-

Wouldn't quote everything .... but I agree with your write up 100% ... facts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
zichien:
4) Bills. You've migrated with all the expectations. Your people sent you forth at the airport. They told you job full everywhere, money is everywhere. You work .. and by work I mean you put in those long hard hours ..and are paid your first pay check and see how much is deducted as tax. and how much finally ends up in your account. In Nigeria you are used to surviving on your paycheck + bribe+ plus urgent 1k. You can owe Iya Basira, and owe your landlord, and sort electricity. Now here you are surviving on paycheck alone which is "Salary-(taxes-monthly rent-monthly phone bill-monthly gas/water bill-monthly deduction to send home-monthly deduction for car insurance). What is left off is then saved. And then there is the pressure because you are seeing the ones that are carrying" you know what" flaunting on instagram,and making you look like an idiot, and lazy... and you begin to wonder wether it is not the same Japa,or God that you are serving.
5) When you were in Nigeria, you had an excuse for not succeeding. You could blame Jonathan, Or Buhari, or Tinubu or ipob. Now you are here, and have arrived... and typical oyibo expects one to take accountability for their actions. The buck stops on you. No one to blame for your lack of progress but yourself.. so some folks fall into depression because a sheep in Nigeria is still a sheep in Canada, Uk etc. Someone that used an agent to sort through university, used an agent to find them a school abroad, an agent to apply for their visa, has now come to a setting where you have to DIY. No agent will tell you how to apply for that extra certificate that will help you advance your career, no agent will tell you how to create a strategic long term plan such that in 10years you will be at the top of your career, no agent will tell you what classes to choose to develop the skill sets that are highly sought after. So someone who has always lacked the self efficacy, and accountability, someone who doesnt know how to take ownership, and blames others eg " my mother is a witch", "my village people did me" " they sent me poison"... will struggle badly, and can fall into depression.

-
Na wa o... Your answer is loaded... Many thanks 🙏🙏.... Who no go no go know, it is well sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 4:31am On Nov 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Me sef never travel before too, but some things I dey hear and see for daddy Freeze youtube channel these days dey scary. Also, I talked with a random woman I followed on Instagram who I followed and her picture post was that the kind enjoyment wey people think she dey enjoy for abroad, make God give dem, and she continued in writing that where she dey dey lonely depressing and stressful, that she knows people personally that couldn't cope and landed in psychiatry home.

However, the environment, her pics and kids etc. Are very very posh and clean, even the food. But this brings the confusion again, how's it that people complain about depression and stress yet fill our eyes with sumptuous tempting pictures of luxury.

This issue and situation is worth a case study and research on its own, I tire with jàre 😫😔

truth of the matter is that if you are a social animal and you hate working hard and you like awoof you will absolutely hate living in the west. Those 3 things I described is the typical naija person right ? Love to parrryyyyy and if you employ them they will spend half the time gisting or playing on the job and they like awoof like this is why naijas love 419 or olosho, it’s like awoof easy money. Ehn so this is why many get miserable in the west. The west there is no socializing, nobody has your time, the west there is no free money and finally if white man employs you to do 10 hours walahi you will do all 10 hours no slacking. And so this why Nigerians get miserable in the west but if you are a rare type of Nigerian who is a hermit and you are a loner who hates socializing and you hate awoof money and you just loveee working extremely hard, you will love oyinbo country

Ehn Chief I never forget you oo I am not at home. I am travelled within naija in a different state taking care of things. I have been here for a while. Family matters. So I don’t have all my Astro oracles that I consult here with me. When I eventually go home I will hit you up. I done japa within naija lol. Temporarily

2 Likes

Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 4:49am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
truth of the matter is that if you are a social animal and you hate working hard and you like awoof you will absolutely hate living in the west. Those 3 things I described is the typical naija person right ? Love to parrryyyyy and if you employ them they will spend half the time gisting or playing on the job and they like awoof like this is why naijas love 419 or olosho, it’s like awoof easy money. Ehn so this is why many get miserable in the west. The west there is no socializing, nobody has your time, the west there is no free money and finally if white man employs you to do 10 hours walahi you will do all 10 hours no slacking. And so this why Nigerians get miserable in the west but if you are a rare type of Nigerian who is a hermit and you are a loner who hates socializing and you hate awoof money and you just loveee working extremely hard, you will love oyinbo country

Ehn Chief I never forget you oo I am not at home. I am travelled within naija in a different state taking care of things. I have been here for a while. Family matters. So I don’t have all my Astro oracles that I consult here with me. When I eventually go home I will hit you up. I done japa within naija lol. Temporarily
Hmmmm... It is well,

Okay na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 4:52am On Nov 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Hmmmm... It is well,

Okay na
Chief you no dey sleep grin

1 Like

Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 4:54am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
Chief you no dey sleep grin
Guy, thinking about ma life... Moreover, I don become phone addict 😔
Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Guy, thinking about ma life... Moreover, I don become phone addict 😔
life hard like cement everywhere. street not smiling. but which of the request is your own ? are you scriptwriter ?

2 Likes

Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 5:04am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
life hard like cement everywhere. street not smiling. but which of the request is your own ? are you scriptwriter ?
I don't understand your last 2 questions... You fit reframe am?
Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 5:08am On Nov 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

I don't understand your last 2 questions... You fit reframe am?
oh ok your name is FinidiGeorge, you dont have a double ID i know you by ?
Re: The Japa After The Japa by FinidiGeorge: 5:11am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
oh ok your name is FinidiGeorge, you dont have a double ID i know you by ?
Check your email now
Re: The Japa After The Japa by sukkot: 5:17am On Nov 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Check your email now
oh ok grin thats what i was saying na. what was the date of birth of the person ? male or female ? and what is their life looking like ? if you can answer those while i look for an astro software online

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alternative Hangouts In Lagos (Apart From The Palms And Silverbird) / Ghastly Motor Accident Along Kubwa-gwarinpa Express Road Now (photos) / Ondo City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.