Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport (1546 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by ednut1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by ednut1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
More

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by ednut1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
Response from the wife. Inside evian another evain dey 😆
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzLyDRhtNyI/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by ednut1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
Men who abused and beat their wives in Nigeria this is how karma catches up with them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ftc
GOD catch that man
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Hannania(m): 12:09am On Nov 04, 2023
There's always two sides to a story. Let's assume she's right, fleeing with his passport and making him stranded is not a wise move. Settle in, then divorce him legally. If claims of abuse is verified, she'll definitely take custody of the kids.

I saw where it's stated that he sold everything to get her to the UK. If so, she should also be ready to see her side of Karma. Somethings are not black and white. One of those sons can grow to learn the truth of his Father's ordeal and be a viper to her also.

Bottom line is that only the two of them know the truth of it. But abounding him in that state is a very unwise thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Gerrard59(m): 12:27am On Nov 04, 2023
Hannania:
There's always two sides to a story. Let's assume she's right, fleeing with his passport and making him stranded is not a wise move. Settle in, then divorce him legally. If claims of abuse is verified, she'll definitely take custody of the kids.

I saw where it's stated that he sold everything to get her to the UK. If so, she should also be ready to see her side of Karma. Somethings are not black and white. One of those sons can grow to learn the truth of his Father's ordeal and be a viper to her also.

Bottom line is that only the two of them know the truth of it. But abounding him in that state is a very unwise thing to do.

Someone who lost his job in 2016, and the woman's father sponsored to start a business? Where him get the money to sponsor person go yukay? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Gerrard59(m): 12:30am On Nov 04, 2023
Beating a pregnant woman is a no no. To be honest though, I am happy for Nigerian women who finally escaped mental anguish and ran to Western countries. Freedom at last! grin

But how does a woman remain in such a marriage if she is not an orphan? It looked like a prison to me. I would rather die than have my sister in such a condition.

cc: Mukina2. The other side has been posted. Make una try dey update important news on Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Hannania(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

Someone who lost his job in 2016, and the woman's father sponsored to start a business? Where him get the money to sponsor person go yukay? shocked

lol, there are various confirmed news. That's why I always resent in commenting on marriage issues. E dey always get wetin we no know
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:08am On Nov 04, 2023
Hannania:

She didn’t take his passport and she’d be a fool to settle him in, feed him, and bear all his expenses until she filed for divorce. The woman went to the police and more than one agency in Nigeria and I’m certain she was smart enough to get written statement. This woman has people vouching for her—she has all the proof she needs. The question of the kids’ custody is not a question at all—in the eyes of the country, they’re her kids. The UK won’t entertain any claims to custody that he lodges because he is an unemployed person on a dependent visa. This man who hasn’t worked in years probably had plans to sit around and do nothing while abusing, cheating on, and lording over this woman. Let him put his tail between his legs and return to Nigeria and fight for his kids from there. I’m sure she’ll have him deported but if he happens to find a job, she’ll file for divorce and child maintenance will snatch what little he earns in the Uk.
To the woman, very well played Madam. I wish you the best of luck in your healing journey and all the prosperity life has to offer.
Remember this story when men cry about how their wives changed when they came to the West because the backstory is always similar.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by MaxW11: 1:30am On Nov 04, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

She didn’t take his passport and she’d be a fool to settle him in, feed him, and bear all his expenses until she filed for divorce. The woman went to the police and more than one agency in Nigeria and I’m certain she was smart enough to get written statement. This woman has people vouching for her—she has all the proof she needs. The question of the kids’ custody is not a question at all—in the eyes of the country, they’re her kids. The UK won’t entertain any claims to custody that he lodges because he is an unemployed person on a dependent visa. This man who hasn’t worked in years probably had plans to sit around and do nothing while abusing, cheating on, and lording over this woman. Let him put his tail between his legs and return to Nigeria and fight for his kids from there. I’m sure she’ll have him deported but if he happens to find a job, she’ll file for divorce and child maintenance will snatch what little he earns in the Uk.
To the woman, very well played Madam. I wish you the best of luck in your healing journey and all the prosperity life has to offer.
Remember this story when men cry about how their wives changed when they came to the West because the backstory is always similar.

You do know that it is very difficult to legally separate (or deport) parents and their biological children with subsisting relationships. A good lawyer could handle this very easily. That’s a separate matter to custody altogether, even that isn’t a slam dunk as you’re assuming.
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:35am On Nov 04, 2023
MaxW11:

You do know that it is very difficult to legally separate (or deport) parents and their biological children with subsisting relationships. A good lawyer could handle this very easily. That’s a separate matter to custody altogether, even that isn’t a slam dunk as you’re assuming.

Says who? It happens all the time—one parent gets deported and the other parent and children don’t. The letter from Home Office clearly says that his stay expires on January 1st and that he’ll be deported because she CANCELLED HIS DEPENDENT VISA—it sounds pretty cut and dried to me. Not a slam dunk? If it wasn’t, they would’ve deferred the process but Home Office specified that he doesn’t have the right to appeal or have an administrative review. If by some miracle he finds the big money to retain a lawyer, the first thing a lawyer would have to do is stop the deportation and find a legal reason for him to stay in the country before even thinking about a custody issue. The first issue will cost thousands of pounds. Then, because he has no legal right to work, how will he be able to sustain himself, contribute to his children’s care, and pay enormous legal fees? The woman telling his story is asking for help finding a job that’ll offer a man without a UK education or work experience sponsorship, something that foreign students legally in the UK with advanced degrees from UK institutions are finding nearly impossible to find. His dependent visa has already been cancelled so how will he gain legal stay status in order remain in the country while fighting for custody? What kind of visa does he qualify for? He definitely can’t find someone else and marry for papers because he’s already legally married.
This sounds like a total slam dunk.
⛹🏼‍♀️🏀

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
ednut1:
More
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by IamAsiri: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hannania:

Hope you saw what he sold.
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by IamAsiri: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
@luminous, kindly come and read this. You insulted me from heavens to earth because of my comment. And by the way, I am a woman. I am not one of your stupid simps. I can also definitely feel it when a fellow woman is either lying or telling the truth.

I pray that the women in your family will not be treated as thrash and pregnancy beaten out of them. Men solidarity is good, but it must be done with sense and wisdom. Stop displaying stupidity by generalising that all the women in the world are bad, except probably your mother ( though I wonder why she would have escaped the generalising)🤔

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Hannania(m): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
IamAsiri:

Hope you saw what he sold.
Hope you witnessed the beating and abuse
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by IamAsiri: 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hannania:
Hope you witnessed the beating and abuse

I meant to say "hope you saw in the write-up what he said he sold".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Mindlog: 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
Caringforall:
If the man is still in UK and need urgent job let him whatsapp plus four four seven four four zero two one seven four eight zero let him seek for job help . A Nigerian British owns the company and the company is one of the middle / larger CoS sponsors in UK.
Good luck.

If visa has already been cancelled, with what status will he be applying for a job?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
If he is lucky to be offer a job wth CoS he will be offer a work visa but that is if he get the job before the deadline to depart UK .
Mindlog:

If visa has already been cancelled, with what status will he be applying for a job?
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Mindlog: 5:56am On Nov 05, 2023
Caringforall:
If he is lucky to be offer a job wth CoS he will be offer a work visa but that is if he get the job before the deadline to depart UK .

He came to the UK as a dependent of his now ex-wife and that visa has been cancelled, he has to leave the UK and apply for a job with CoS from Nigeria but if UKVI establishes that truly that he has been abusive to the wife and the wife proves his presence in the UK endangers her and the children in the UK....uncle will not be granted any visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by luminouz(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2023
IamAsiri:
@luminous, kindly come and read this. You insulted me from heavens to earth because of my comment. And by the way, I am a woman. I am not one of your stupid simps. I can also definitely feel it when a fellow woman is either lying or telling the truth.

I pray that the women in your family will not be treated as thrash and pregnancy beaten out of them. Men solidarity is good, but it must be done with sense and wisdom. Stop displaying stupidity by generalising that all the women in the world are bad, except probably your mother ( though I wonder why she would have escaped the generalising)🤔
Next time quote me properly. It's Luminouz!!!! Then that news is a few days old, are you living under a rock to just notice the story or what?
I know you are a woman and this post is why I don't take you serious. You are too emotional and that makes you weak. I have said this repeatedly on NL, insults don't move me, calling my mom names never move me, cussing and yelling at me, never move me. What catches my attention is clean, concise logic otherwise I get bored with you and your emotional rants.

Now, like a good little girl, reconstruct your post logically and maybe I won't be bored this time.
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by luminouz(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Awwnnnnn...It's Gerrard again to the rescue. Ain't you a knight in shining armour for the ladies?

Keep up the good work. Mudafucker!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2023
That's right he will have to go back to Nigeria and come back with his CoS but Most importantly is for him to get a job sponsor now begore leaving Uk . if
the kids was with him in Nigeria and he brought them to UK and chats between him and his ex wife before his arrival to UK showed no sign of misunderstanding
before him leaving Nigeria with the kids to UK only for his ex wife to collect passport from him and wrote for cancellation of the dependents visa . The UKVI can not ban him and his ex wife can't
win any abuse rather be seen a woman who deceived her husband becauseof her personal reasons. Are the couples officially dirvorced now ?
Mindlog:

He came to the UK as a dependent of his now ex-wife and that visa has been cancelled, he has to leave the UK and apply for a job with CoS from Nigeria but if UKVI establishes that truly that he has been abusive to the wife and the wife proves his presence in the UK endangers her and the children in the UK....uncle will not be granted any visa.
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Mindlog: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2023
Caringforall:
That's right he will have to go back to Nigeria and come back with his CoS but Most importantly is for him to get a job sponsor now begore leaving Uk . if
the kids was with him in Nigeria and he brought them to UK and chats between him and his ex wife before his arrival to UK showed no sign of misunderstanding
before him leaving Nigeria with the kids to UK only for his ex wife to collect passport from him and wrote for cancellation of the dependents visa . The UKVI can not ban him and his ex wife can't
win any abuse rather be seen a woman who deceived her husband becauseof her personal reasons. Are the couples officially dirvorced now ?

And you think decision will be based only on the chats between him and his ex wife before his arrival to UK ?

If truly he was physically abusive to her over some years and she presents to UKVI pictures, videos, medical reports and proofs of reporting domestic abuse to the Nigeria police.....what do you think will be decision of UKVI?

E easy to get sponsored job....with what skill? How will he convince prospective employer that they should overlook the reason for his visa cancellation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2023
I like the word you used " if truly " you and i know what most of our Nigerian women do over here once a woman discovered uk law favoured women most here and mostly when she found a new love however If the woman have a nigeria police report of abuse and video then it is a bad case but if no nigeria report as of when she wss abused and no video then no case if the man have a good attorney. I recommend for him to reach out to the number i sent out on this tread he may have a way out if truly he is innocent. It is touching story.
Mindlog:

And you think decision will be based only on the chats between him and his ex wife before his arrival to UK ?

If truly he was physically abusive to her over some years and she presents to UKVI pictures, videos, medical reports and proofs of reporting domestic abuse to the Nigeria police.....what do you think will be decision of UKVI?

E easy to get sponsored job....with what skill? How will he convince prospective employer that they should overlook the reason for his visa cancellation?
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Mindlog: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2023
Caringforall:
I like the word you used " if truly " you and i know what most of our Nigerian women do over here once a woman discovered uk law favoured women most here and mostly when she found a new love however If the woman have a nigeria police report of abuse and video then it is a bad case but if no nigeria report as of when she wss abused and no video then no case if the man have a good attorney. I recommend for him to reach out to the number i sent out on this tread he may have a way out if truly he is innocent. It is touching story.

If there is no video evidence nor police report, that is where those in my field, child psychology comes in.

The professional psychological assessment of the children would give a clear picture of what their parents' relationship has been like over the years, if they were cases of domestic abuse in the home, there are techniques used for such assessments that would make the children spill the truth even if either of their parents have told them to lie against the other parent........long way to go

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Gerrard59(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2023
luminouz:

Awwnnnnn...It's Gerrard again to the rescue. Ain't you a knight in shining armour for the ladies?

Keep up the good work. Mudafucker!!! grin

Our resident Alfa meil dangling his preek is in the building...

I hail o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by luminouz(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Our resident Alfa meil dangling his preek is in the building...

I hail o grin grin
Stop mentioning my dick, I'm not gay
Dafuq is wrong with you, Captain-Save-A-Hôe
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2023
What advantage destroying the man life again. If she don't want the marriage again and dependentsvisa already cancelled. Let the man be once he can find his way to UK again. What are we fighting for in this world. All must die one day.
Mindlog:

If there is no video evidence nor police report, that is where those in my field, child psychology comes in.

The professional psychological assessment of the children would give a clear picture of what their parents' relationship has been like over the years, if they were cases of domestic abuse in the home, there are techniques used for such assessments that would make the children spill the truth even if either of their parents have told them to lie against the other parent........long way to go
Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Gerrard59(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2023
luminouz:

Stop mentioning my dick, I'm not gay
Dafuq is wrong with you, Captain-Save-A-Hôe

When you called me modafvcker, what were you expecting? Why do you believe you have the monopoly of using slurs and violence?

I know you are sorely disappointed an alfa meil companion of yours seems to have lost this case. The analysis by 1stGenAmerican has shown his chances of succeeding are close to nil.

By January, he would join you in Nigeria, where you both get to suck Tinubu's preek and swallow his cum full of corn and ewa. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Stranded Faces Deportation After Wife Abandoned Him At The Airport by Mindlog: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2023
Caringforall:
What advantage destroying the man life again. If she don't want the marriage again and dependentsvisa already cancelled. Let the man be once he can find his way to UK again. What are we fighting for in this world. All must die one day.

If the children are assessed and it comes out that their father have been abusive in the home, he is done for and getting Visa to relocate to the UK will be very low as the woman and lawyers would harp on him being a risk to her wellbeing, should he granted visa to the UK again.

All must die one day but while living, humans will battle it out.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Of Nigerian Roads / Using False Identity To Travel Abroad / How To Disappear To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.