Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Https://thestreetjournal.org/i-regret-asserting-every-woman-has-done-abortion-ph - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Https://thestreetjournal.org/i-regret-asserting-every-woman-has-done-abortion-ph (106 Views)

BBNaija: Daniella Sheds Tears Of Regret For Getting Intimate With Dotun (Video) / Pere: I Regret Picking Maria As Deputy Head Of The House (BBNaija) / #BBNaija: Alex Had An Abortion At 16 In SS3. Sandra Asogwa Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Https://thestreetjournal.org/i-regret-asserting-every-woman-has-done-abortion-ph by ElectroLyte: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
I regret asserting every woman has done abortion – Phyna

Big Brother Naija season 7 winner, Josephine Otabor aka Phyna, has retracted her statement on abortion, admitting that she made a mistake.

The reality TV star had come under fire after stating that there was no woman who had never had an abortion once or twice.
“There’s no woman that’ll say she hasn’t done it (abortion) one or twice,” she said.
But in a statement on her Instagram page on Friday, Phyna admitted that her assertion was inaccurate.
She partly said, “Good day to all and sundry, I am Josephine Otabor pka Phyna and I write this statement to address the issues concerning an interview I did months ago where I talked about a very sensitive topic and I inaccurately suggested ‘all’ women have engaged in it.
“Firstly, I will like to address the fact that in as much as I was misunderstood, I didn’t mean to project it on every female gender.
“I will never encourage abortion especially not in this part of the world, where it can pose a great threat to the life of the person with the illegal and unhealthy procedures that surround it.
“I admit that I was being too expressive in the heat of the interview hence my assertions. I will reiterate that abortion is not a thing I stand for and I should not be seen in that light and I admit to all mistakes made.”
“In addition, I’m currently working with gender-based organisations and Non Governmental Organisations. NGOs to provide sensitization, education about abortion and other societal issues prone to the girl child.
“I want to use this medium to thank my fans, friends and family for their constant love and support, I do not intend to let you down.”
Only a few months ago, Phyna had revealed that she has done two abortion procedures.

(1) (Reply)

Anticipate "Campus Diary" Movie - 24th Nov. 2023 || Happiness TV / Exploring The Versatility Of Non-woven Geotextile: A Comprehensive Guide To Dist / Piracy Untells Our Stories: Multichoice Hosts Anti-piracy Roundtable Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.