Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

In Dire Need of Advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Dire Need of Advice (364 Views)

Im In Dire Need Of App Or Software For Stock Taking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Dire Need of Advice by Tarvel(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2023
Good morning, as the topic suggests, could you please share your experiences as a Python Flask developer, from being a beginner to where you are currently? I would really appreciate some motivation. Thank you very much.

Edit: I didn't do much research on the demand of the Flask framework in Nigeria. However, it is apparently not as in demand as Django. I haven't gone too far with Flask yet, would you advise me to switch to Django? Also, Is my information about Flask not being in demand entirely true?

(This is one of the reasons I didn't do too much research, because I would get myself confused. I just followed the advice to "pick up anything and start with it." )
Re: In Dire Need of Advice by Possessedkid: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2023
Flask is shit

You better off using Django
Re: In Dire Need of Advice by Tarvel(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2023
Possessedkid:
Flask is shit

You better off using Django

That's a very interesting perspective, I'd love to hear more about why you think so.
Re: In Dire Need of Advice by SparkleSix: 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2023
Django is your best bet. Leave that flask and focus on Django, flask is too minimalistic for any serious company to go with.

Django on the hand has lots of built-in features, a vibrant large community, regular updates and PR merges, lots of already answered questions and a lot more.

1 Like

Re: In Dire Need of Advice by Tarvel(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2023
So there isn't at least one advantage of flask over Django?
Also, does learning Django become easier after learning Flask?

SparkleSix:
Django is your best bet. Leave that flask and focus on Django, flask is too minimalistic for any serious company to go with.

Django on the hand has lots of built-in features, a vibrant large community, regular updates and PR merges, lots of already answered questions and a lot more.

Re: In Dire Need of Advice by SparkleSix: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tarvel:
So there isn't at least one advantage of flask over Django?
Also, does learning Django become easier after learning Flask?

Django is quite opinionated, so it excepts you to do things certain ways. Flask on the hand gives you free reign to use whatever you want.

Flask is quite easy to set up but Django needs extra steps to set things up. That is, there are lots of boilerplate code.

Django is battle tested, production tested and scalable. Also, the battery's included nature of Django makes it easy to prototype SAAS apps faster.

I was able to work on 2 big projects simultaneously and deliver an MVP in 2 weeks!!
ChatGPT helped me out though. grin

Lots of features are provided out of the box for you.

Django's ORM is one of the most powerful out there, you don't need to write one single line of SQL ever again.

My answer maybe bias because I am a core Django developer.

But you can try both and see what works for you.

1 Like

Re: In Dire Need of Advice by Tarvel(m): 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
SparkleSix:

Django is quite opinionated, so it excepts you to do things certain ways. Flask on the hand gives you free reign to use whatever you want.

Flask is quite easy to set up but Django needs extra steps to set things up. That is, there are lots of boilerplate code.

Django is battle tested, production tested and scalable. Also, the battery's included nature of Django makes it easy to prototype SAAS apps faster.

I was able to work on 2 big projects simultaneously and deliver an MVP in 2 weeks!!
ChatGPT helped me out though. grin

Lots of features are provided out of the box for you.

Django's ORM is one of the most powerful out there, you don't need to write one single line of SQL ever again.

My answer maybe bias because I am a core Django developer.

But you can try both and see what works for you.

Thank you very much. I think I'll be moving to Django instead

(1) (Reply)

Lynda Premium Account For Sale / Reactjs Vs Angularjs / [2022] Newest Original NCK Pro Dongle NCK Pro2 Dongle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.