Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate (49194 Views)

Top 8 African Countries With The Most Beautiful Women 2023 / Export To Other African Countries And Make Millions In Naira / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Highest Level Of Indecent Dressing Among Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by ednut1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:

I'm already guessing that marriages in this African countries are quite cheap.....

If you spend your hard earned money like the igbo man does just to get a wife divorce will be the last thing on your mind
everything has to be tribal for you guys nawa. Na only igbo dey spend money for wedding in Nigeria ni. Marriages pack up regardless of money spent to marry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Thundafireseun: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
verifiablefacts:

So oyibo go dey divorce every week be that,as their marriage no dey cost at all.

On a serious note…. Check Oyibo still has the highest rate of divorce…….

Hausa people are not left out too
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by ednut1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nigeria should be number one. Divorce is mostly by sending the woman packing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by MrTed(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Adultery is Nigeria number 1 spot
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by obaidan: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Nigeria should be number one

Nollywood marriages comes to mind 😂 😂
Divorce rate in Nigeria isn't high, that is not to say Nigerian marriages are doing well, na abusive union plenty pass...... and
people just move on with other partners...they dont remarry, they just start making babies or living with someone else.

Nollywood people no plenty na......na media just dey make am be like say na all of them
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Kooldon(f): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
For the first time Nigeria is not making top 10 in a negative index. TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Thundafireseun: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
ednut1:
everything has to be tribal for you guys nawa. Na only igbo dey spend money for wedding in Nigeria ni. Marriages pack up regardless of money spent to marry

Ode how do I imply that I’m tribalistic ??

I shouldn’t make my point again because you feel you are the only Igbo person on Nairaland

For your information I’m also Igbo and my point is Igbo still has the least Divorce rate in Nigeria

Try and compare to Hausa’s Divorce rate

Ewu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Thundafireseun: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
Tommydare:
U are still naive.
I agree

Fuckkkkk offf my mentions

Ode
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Jacksonwar099: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
I am surprised that Nigeria isn't in the list
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by omooba969(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:

I'm already guessing that marriages in this African countries are quite cheap.....

If you spend your hard earned money like the igbo man does just to get a wife divorce will be the last thing on your mind

Dey play grin

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by compton11(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
bammo:
Muslim countries just as I suspected
and south Africa?
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by ednut1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:

Ode how do I imply that I’m tribalistic ??

I shouldn’t make my point again because you feel you are the only Igbo person on Nairaland

For your information I’m also Igbo and my point is Igbo still has the least Divorce rate in Nigeria

Try and compare to Hausa’s Divorce rate

Ewu
false. Igbos and yoruba self dey divorce regardless of money spent on wedding. Many times that wedding money na loan and it creates pressure and strain in the relationship till it collapses.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/517864-why-divorce-rate-among-young-couples-is-high-official.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Fiscus105(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ilamina:
I expect less divorce in Islam

Because Islam looks less Westenized than other christainity

But that's not the case

I'm short, i expect islam to be as primitive as other black cultures

In every form of immoral or bad behaviour, Islam worst than all other religions, but they pretend or coerce adherents to look good.

Go to army barracks and see immorality but they pretend as if nothing is going on, unlike Christians that do show it off.

3 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Curse777: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ilamina:
I expect less divorce in Islam

Because Islam looks less Westenized than other christainity

But that's not the case

I'm short, i expect islam to be as primitive as other black cultures

It's very easy to divorce in Islam

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar once divorced his wife Jenefer over a text message

2 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Angelfrost(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Interesting that most of the nation's there are Muslim nations.

I just knew the list would be incomplete without South Africa being included.

3 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by verifiablefacts: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:

On a serious note…. Check Oyibo still has the highest rate of divorce…….

Hausa people are not left out too

But Hausa marriage is not that cheap, use to have a Shuwa friend,in Borno state, very expensive bride price but...it does not necessarily relate with the longevity

3 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Rebuker(m): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by bammo: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
compton11:
and south Africa?
South African is last on the list
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Gerrard59(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
rentAcock:
Notice how all those countries are close to Europe or hot tourist destinations. Divorce is a western construct. We don't believe in divorce, if a man is tired of his wife or wants a different flavor all he has to do is marry a second wife. Our women don't believe in divorce because there's no certainty the next man she meets will be any better and she stays because of the children.

It is largely due to religion, not geography or being tourist destinations. How come Kenya, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania are not among? If you notice, most of those have a large Muslim population. Islam permits divorce more easily than Christianity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by judedwriter(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
Marriage and dirvorce are both intertwined and inexplicable. Human beings are complex.

Infact divorce has been in existence since the days of Moses.... E don tey.

Why Arab nations carry the lead in divorce rates in Africa, confuses me though.

Their women are more submitted to men than western nations.

Or is it a miscalculation?
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by spiceadole: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
KingOfTheDamned:
Nigeria should be number one but most divorces happen out of courts with the husband and wife living in the same house like strangers

Or the man unofficially abandons the wife with the children and takes off with another woman
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by yommen: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

I'm not surprised that a child of failed marriage doesn't wish Nigeria any good. Omo ale jati jati.

Abi when I don't have money to japa(yet. Must I?), I had better cherish the Nigeria I have.

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by KingOfTheDamned: 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
spiceadole:

Or the man unofficially abandons the wife with the children and takes off with another woman

Exactly . Or the woman abandons her hubby and kids and shags up with another man in another state

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Thundafireseun: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
ednut1:
false. Igbos and yoruba self dey divorce regardless of money spent on wedding. Many times that wedding money na loan and it creates pressure and strain in the relationship till it collapses.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/517864-why-divorce-rate-among-young-couples-is-high-official.html

Chai how old are you??

Every body divorces irrespective of the money spent….

But compare the rate you will see my point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by kennyz247(m): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
rentAcock:
Notice how all those countries are close to Europe or hot tourist destinations. Divorce is a western construct. We don't believe in divorce, if a man is tired of his wife or wants a different flavor all he has to do is marry a second wife. Our women don't believe in divorce because there's no certainty the next man she meets will be any better and she stays because of the children.
Get ur fact right

Did you notice, most of the countries mentioned are of Islam religion domination?

Divorce is more of the Muslim than the western countries u mentioned

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by crystalmoon(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nigeria has the highest rate of spousal abandonment
Is that not divorce indirectly
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Thundafireseun: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
omooba969:

Dey play grin

Ok
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by kennyz247(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

It is largely due to religion, not geography or being tourist destinations. How come Kenya, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania are not among? If you notice, most of those have a large Muslim population. Islam permits divorce more easily than Christianity.
No kind him
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Nmezor(f): 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
Was expecting to see 9ja
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by omooba969(m): 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
crystalmoon:
Nigeria has the highest rate of spousal abandonment
Is that not divorce indirectly

You go explain tireeee! grin

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by casualobserver: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

Nigerians tend not to divorce especially in the south. They separate and continue to live their lives separately.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Slay Ankara Wedding Dresses / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo) / Makeup Wonders: Before And After Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.