Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun (684 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Arrested In Ogun / Cult Leader Arrested After Bloody Clash Between Aye & Eiye Cult Members / Wife Of Kidnapper And Sister In-law To Notorious Gang Leader Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by Teepresh2: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2023
Vigilante leader arrested for armed robbery in Ogun, names police officer who supplies guns for operations

A 36-year-old Unit Commandant of the Vigi­lante Group of Nigeria (VGN), Owonikoko John has been arrested in Ogun state over his alleged involvement in the supply of arms and robberies.

The Ogun police com­mand said John was the mastermind of several nefarious crimes at Obalen­de and other areas of the state.

It was learnt that John was arrested along the Sagamu-Ijebu- Ode-Benin highway during an operation led by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Omosanyi Adeniyi, the Area Commander, Ijebu-Ode.

Upon his arrest, John was found in possession of a gun. In his confessional statement, he allegedly fingered an Inspector of Police, identified as Ola, as the supplier of the firearm in his possession.

Pastor Ola, who also happened to be a spy police, was fingered as the policeman who sold the gun to him.

Narrating his side of the story, Pastor Ola said that he indeed sold his pump action rifle to the suspected armed robber with necessary caution but begged for mercy.

“If I had known, I would not have done it that way,” he said.

“I was invited by the Police on a Wednesday when I was preparing to travel to Ibadan with my boss. I was informed that some people were in my house to take my wife to the police station.

“Upon getting to our Divisional Police Station, the Divisional Police Officer asked if I was the Inspector who sold a gun to an armed robber; I replied that I didn’t sell a gun to an armed robber.

“I explained that officials of the VGN bought a gun from me, but they were referred to me by one Omooba, a well-known person in my area,” he added.

https:///vigilante-leader-arrested-for-armed-robbery-in-ogun-names-police-officer-who-supplies-guns-for-operations/

Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by decatalyst(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nah them and po po dey collaborate to bugle houses.

Nah God dey wash over us and our properties.

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by Westerhoffe(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
😁
Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by Mhizzard(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2023
When a vigilante is secretly involve himself in robbery,that means people around are not well safe.
Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by superCleanworks(m): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
watch how he will blame the devil
Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by 90dbest: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2023
Na even egede man
Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by Angel55555(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
Good riddance.
Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by mytime24(f): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thi3fnubu happened to him
Re: Vigilante Leader Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun by Lungdick: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2023
Na to blame the devil remain grin

(1) (Reply)

How SLAY QUEEN End Her Life After Scamming 27 Thousand From Her Angry Client / Woman Beats Minibus Taxi Driver After He Crashed Into Her Car (VIDEO) / Prostitution Is Disgusting And Evil " Do Not Patronize Prostitutes" Man Declare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.