Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians (588 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / 8 Important Ways To Manage Your Time As Christians / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Raycelove: 3:15am On Nov 05, 2023
8 importants reasons to fast to God as Christians.

8 Important reasons to fast in faith as Christians

1) You must believe in Jesus Christ as the savior of mankind and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

2) Fasting is a way to manage the body, spirit and soul for divine health.

3) Fasting is an act of commitment to seeking knowledge, inspiration and revelations from the revealed Word of God

4) Fasting is done in prayers of faith to draw God's attention over the situations of life.

5) Fasting is an act of love & honouring God.

6) Fasting is done to set us free in form of prayers and deliverance.

7) Fasting is an act of exercise to enhance spirituality and discipline .

8.) By seeking more knowledge and understanding on the principles and laws of fasting.

Amen.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Dreal1247: 3:29am On Nov 05, 2023
Are these points of yours scripture based or your personal opinion?
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Dreal1247: 3:30am On Nov 05, 2023
Read Isaiah 58
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Raycelove: 6:17am On Nov 05, 2023
Bible verses :

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Isaiah 58:6-12 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in it.
Matthew 6:6-7, 31, 33-34 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Deuteronomy 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

2 Chronicles 20:15-20 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.

To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.

Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.

And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.

And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Colossians 3:16-17 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Ephesians 6:12-18 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Psalms 114:7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;

James 5:13-15 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Proverbs 3:5-6, 9, 13-18 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.

Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.

She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Mark 11:22-26 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
1 John 1:7-9 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Matthew 4:2, 17, 23-25 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Luke 4:1, 14, 18-19 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Psalms 35:13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Timothy 4:7-8, 15-16 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Raycelove: 6:16am On Nov 12, 2023
We believe you are blessed today.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by helinues: 6:22am On Nov 12, 2023
So a Christian with Ulcer must also fast by force by fire.

Anyways, I like food so much that I don't joke with it
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 6:31am On Nov 12, 2023
helinues:
So a Christian with Ulcer must also fast by force by fire.

Anyways, I like food so much that I don't joke with it

Did you not see Raycelove's counter? Eat as you like.

Christians know that the fasting is not about food .
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by helinues: 6:33am On Nov 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not see Raycelove's counter? Eat as you like.

Christians know that the fasting is not about food .

What then is purpose of fasting if not for deliberate starving?

Dont tell me their God told them to starve themselves
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Fasting As Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35am On Nov 12, 2023
helinues:

What then is purpose of fasting if not for deliberate starving?

Dont tell me their God told them to starve themselves

Raycelove has shown it.

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Destined Head Of Witches. / Is The Priest The Only Person That can Listen To A Person's Confession? / Will Our For-father's Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.