Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,078 members, 7,852,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:25 PM

How To Analyze The Profitability Of A Niche Or Topic On Amazon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Analyze The Profitability Of A Niche Or Topic On Amazon (87 Views)

The Profitability Of Penny Stocks / Profitability Of Taxi Biz In Ibadan / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Analyze The Profitability Of A Niche Or Topic On Amazon by Progresswike03: 5:37am On Nov 05, 2023
πŸ“ So in this post, I'm going to Walk you through certain criteria to follow to decide what topic to write about after your market research.

πŸ“ Doing your market research is important as it helps you as a publisher to make the right choices for the topics that are worth publishing instead of just randomly assuming and pumping out books on Amazon.

πŸ“ So, after your market research, you have to evaluate whether the topic is profitable to publish or not.

πŸ“ So in this post, I will be showing you the exact simple steps I used in evaluating the profitability of a niche.

Let's get started 🀸🀸🀸🀸

πŸ“ First, I assumed you have done your market research and have a topic in mind to publish.

πŸ“ Let say our topic is on the " Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Beginners"

πŸ“ Take important note here.

πŸ“ First thing I will do is to search on Amazon, the keyword phrase " Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Beginners"

πŸ“ Click on the search πŸ”Ž button.

πŸ“ Now open your eyes πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ very well 😁

πŸ“ You will see Amazon will give out results of books on this keyword phrase.

πŸ“ We first of all scroll along the first page results to see whether the books appearing on the first page are related to our keyword phrase.

πŸ“ Here is where the evaluation exercise begins.

1. Look at 3 or more books on the first page results with a Best seller rank (BSR) less than 100K.

This is to ensure there's enough demand on that topic.

This can be easily done using a tool called the DS Amazon quick view.

It's a chrome extension plugin that shows the best seller ranks of every product listing on Amazon.

2. Are there Newly released books published ranking high on the first page. Check out to see whether there are 1 or 2 books released in the last 5 or 6 months ranking high on the first page.

This can be done by checking the month of publication using the DS Amazon quick view.

3. Pages are not full with tons of reviews.

If you found out that the books ranking on the first page are full of reviews, then this becomes difficult to rank high as a new publisher. The only way is to run a sponsored ads or niche down even further to reduce the level of competition.

4. Can you create similar or more better quality books.

Check out to see whether you can create similar or design a better quality books than your competitors.

5. Check out for the level of competition

If books appearing on the keyword phrase have more search results, it becomes difficult for your book to rank higher on the first page.

Check out the level of competition.

Any keyword with a search results less than 1000 is easy to rank higher on the first page for that keyword.

That's not always the case, at times some books may not be related to the keyword phrase.

So, check out to see how books on the keyword phrase dies off on the first page and subsequent pages.

This helps you decide whether to niche down further or run a sponsored ads to increase the visibility of your book.

So, these are the 5 Simple steps in determining the profitability of a niche or topic.

I hope you enjoy this post.

Help me spread this news by sharing for others to benefit from this post, you can like and comment on this post as well.

PS;Send a DM if you want to get started with Publishing your books on Amazon or if you really want to star making sales from your books on Amazon.

Enjoy your day

(1) (Reply)

For Sale:land Measuring (80Γ—20)ft2 With An Old Bungalow At Ebute Metta Lagos / Forex Psychology Made Simple / Social Media Page Revamp Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.