Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election (10188 Views)

IGP Temporarily Redeploys Imo CP, Mohammed Barde, Ahead Of November 11 Election / Hopeless Hope, Chief Thug, Barde Is A Bad Boy: NLC 'knocks' Uzodimma, Imo CP / Imo CP, Nasiru Mohammed Failed To Request MOPOL, Military Reinforcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Islie: 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2023

Ahead of the Saturday, November 11 off-season elections, the Inspector-General of Police, Olukayode Egbetokun, has promised to redeploy the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Barde, over alleged partisanship.

He spoke days after the Nigerian Labour Congress, the Trade Union Congress, the Labour Party, and Civil Society Organisations, called for Barde’s redeployment.

Egbetokun made the development known Sunday night during a Channels Television programme themed “Peoples Town Hall On Election Security,” which was monitored by our correspondent.

Egbetokun said, “We are aware that there are allegations against the Commissioner of Police in Imo. Before the elections, we’re changing the CP. This is not to say the CP has been found guilty. But for neutrality sake, we are changing the Commissioner of Police in Imo State.”

The PUNCH reports that following the attack on the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Joe Ajaero, in Owerri, the Imo State capital last Thursday, the organised labour had issued a five-day ultimatum for the redeployment of the state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Barde.

Meanwhile, the Labour Party had also expressed its support for calls made for the immediate redeployment of the CP and other officials allegedly involved in the recent attack on Ajaero in the state.

Ajaero, was attacked and brutalised in Owerri, on Wednesday, while he mobilised workers for a protest over their unpaid salaries brutalised.

Amidst the widespread outrage that followed the incident, the NLC and the TUC had accused the Imo CP of being complicit in the attack and threatened a five-day ultimatum for the Federal Government to replace him.

https://punchng.com/breaking-ig-bows-to-pressure-vows-to-redeploy-imo-cp-before-elections/?amp

5 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Mikelh: 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
This is where I love the former president. Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by xpressionx(m): 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2023
Does that stop Hope from messing up?

I dey find one babe wey dey inside white benz for maitama today.
Roadsafety been stop you around Aguiyi ironside.
Na me wave you for that Ash lexus 350.

That geh too set.

See Manchester and Arsenal.

If you come across this.
I dey owe you 200k.
just send A pm

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by SIXTEENTH(m): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
Mikelh:
This is where I love the former president. Buhari

How! why?

7 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by yarimo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2023
Mteeeew even if peter obi is the commissioner of police and abure Imo state INEC rec commissioner. Hope UZODIMMA is majority of people's choice as governor of imo state

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Mystic216: 12:04am On Nov 06, 2023
Stop vowing

Do it immediately

Procrastination is bad

Or you planning to replace him with someone worst

4 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Mystic216: 12:07am On Nov 06, 2023
yarimo:
Mteeeew even if peter obi is the commissioner of police and abure Imo state INEC rec commissioner. Hope UZODIMMA is majority of people's choice as governor of imo state

Hearsay sanniya

Have you ever stepped out of south wasted region in your life??

Always hustling to have opinion when it has to do with Igbos

Go and challenge your masters in the north for giving quit notice to your Ronu people

Anumanu

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by MadamExcellency: 12:11am On Nov 06, 2023
The CP is partisan simple and short.

But in other related news, he has been of help to me in giving me a sense of defence and authority.
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Burob: 12:46am On Nov 06, 2023
Mystic216:

Hearsay sanniya

Have you ever stepped out of south wasted region in your life??

Always hustling to have opinion when it has to do with Igbos

Go and challenge your masters in the north for giving quit notice to your Ronu people

Anumanu
Please Shut up, incoherent uneducated Tribalist.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Whalis: 1:02am On Nov 06, 2023
As if that is the only Police man known to Hope. Hope will nominate another pliable officer as CP.
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by NaijaCover(m): 5:23am On Nov 06, 2023
Wow
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by AbujaLagos: 5:23am On Nov 06, 2023
Mystic216:
Stop vowing

Do it immediately

Procrastination is bad

definitely worst.
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by FreeStuffsNG: 5:24am On Nov 06, 2023
Fair enough to protect the integrity of the outcome of the election. Mr Barde is back in office after November 11. Lobatan. Check my signature for free stuffs!

2 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Caseywilliams(m): 5:31am On Nov 06, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=126812786]Mteeeew even if peter obi is the commissioner of police and abure Imo state INEC rec commissioner. Hope UZODIMMA is majority of people's choice as governor of imo state

Wil u keep quite

4 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:32am On Nov 06, 2023
Nigerian Police....
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by godwinkessi: 5:33am On Nov 06, 2023
Good development! Hope is becoming so desperate and wicked. I have no candidate for this election but seems people will vote massively for LP. If the election results aren’t tampered with, Hope will still maintain his usual 4th position in this one.

4 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Addme: 5:38am On Nov 06, 2023
Nice. At least let people not cast aspersions on the election because if the commissioner

2 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Kukutente23: 5:42am On Nov 06, 2023
xpressionx:

That geh too set.

If you come across this.
I dey owe you 200k.
just send A pm

Hi
This is me
Thank you for waving at me in my time of distress
You're my God- sent Knight in shining armour and I fell in love with your fingers immediately.
Pls when can we meet? I can't wait for those beautiful fingers to caress me
But I'm surprised you think you only owe me 200k
You owe me 1m for allowing me to fall in love with you like that
Please send it to my opay akant my love
Can't wait to be with you tonight
Kisses 💋

9 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by southsouthking(m): 5:44am On Nov 06, 2023
Hope Uzodinma, don't be desperate, let the people decides.
If you'd done, the people of imo are still going to vote you back in power.
Why the show of shame?
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by ugodson(m): 5:45am On Nov 06, 2023
yarimo:

Lies from the bottomest pit of Hell
Uzodinma is hated by his people

11 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by QueenDima47(f): 5:45am On Nov 06, 2023
He should redeploy the idiot and sack the sackable. I wonder how supposedly honorable police men and respected military men should allow themselves to be used by hoodlums who have hijacked our political offices. Is this not ridiculous and irritating.

1 Like

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Kukutente23: 5:46am On Nov 06, 2023
Mystic216:
Stop vowing

Do it immediately

Procrastination is bad

It's standard procedure to redeploy the Police commissioner 48hrs to election
This is not the first time

2 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by olatade(m): 5:54am On Nov 06, 2023
That's just a routine process when there is going to be an election in any state, the CP is usually redeployed and a new one brought in to oversee the election which can go either way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by UptownVibes(m): 6:10am On Nov 06, 2023
xpressionx:

That geh too set.

If you come across this.
I dey owe you 200k.
just send A pm

Redeploying CP wont stop APC from rigging as usaul..

Meanwhile,I hope you dey give ur melle 2m monthly for carrying you for 9months too o? No be just to dey put money ontop BBL made Manchester and Barca o..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by RomanGreen: 6:16am On Nov 06, 2023
yarimo:
Tueh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by EconFinance: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2023
yarimo:
Somebody who came fourth in an election is the people choice ?

Lol

5 Likes

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Felaincarnated: 6:31am On Nov 06, 2023
Es or Rx?
xpressionx:

That geh too set.

If you come across this.
I dey owe you 200k.
just send A pm

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by daniwise(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2023
[quote author=xpressionx post=126812469]Does that stop Hope from messing up?

That geh too set.

If you come across this.
I dey owe you 200k.
just send

Ashawo man
Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Felaincarnated: 6:33am On Nov 06, 2023
Wetin mk am people's choice? Is it d gustavo style of deprivin other candidate from posting dia campaign banners in d name of paying 54million
yarimo:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Bows To Pressure, To Redeploy Imo CP Before Election by Raphael81(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2023
The police is like a leopard 🐆, you can wash it but can never change the true intentions of the Nigerian police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant / Court Orders EFCC To Release Azibaola Robert, Jonathan’s Cousin / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Officially Inaugurated As 7th Kwara State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.