Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,407 members, 7,850,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

“my Spouse Passed Away From Alzheimer’s” – Signs Of Dementia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “my Spouse Passed Away From Alzheimer’s” – Signs Of Dementia (147 Views)

COVID-19: Lagos Has Passed Peak - Akin Abayomi, Health Commissioner Says / Dangers Of Instant Noodles:chronic Inflammation, Weight Gain, Alzheimer’s Parkin / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“my Spouse Passed Away From Alzheimer’s” – Signs Of Dementia by Helpleak(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
David Allott witnessed the progression of dementia in his cherished partner of more than 51 years, Margaret.

After initially meeting while working at a restaurant in Levenshulme, Manchester, David and Margaret fell in love. They tied the knot in December 1971 and embarked on a shared career in hotel management, leading a life that took them to various locations around the world. Now, more than five decades later, David chronicled their final journey together, with Margaret facing a losing battle against Alzheimer’s disease in his book “Mirror, Mirror.”

Discussing the early indications of Alzheimer’s disease, Stewart McGinn, the Managing Director at Baycroft Care Homes, pointed out that one of the initial signs could be when a loved one starts “frequently misplacing things or putting items in unusual locations.
If someone you know, whether it’s a partner, parent, or friend, is typically known for their organization but begins to exhibit forgetfulness regarding the placement of objects, this could be an early warning sign. Stewart McGinn added that they might also encounter challenges when attempting to concentrate on tasks involving organization and planning, which could be attributed to Alzheimer’s disease.

A more noticeable symptom of this brain condition is the emergence...

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Your Gnld Neolife Supplements Distributor Around Magodo, Mile12 And Keu / Why Breastfeeding Over Artificial Milk / I Heard That Some Churches Are Still Encouraging Members To Take The covid-1 Jab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.