Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,949 members, 7,845,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life (1968 Views)

Mum, 21, Takes Own Life After Long Battle To Get Help For Her Mental Health / Genevieve Nnaji Rocks Long Braid. Peter Okoye Reacts / Davido Allows His Daughter To Comb His Hair, As He Kisses Her In Cute Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by adahmiracle: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
A shocking video has emerged showing nurses braiding each other's hair, vaping, and scrolling on their phones while a young patient made efforts to take his own life just feet away.

The CCTV footage was released as part of an inquest into the death of Brendan McFarlane, who died four days after being admitted to The Harbour, a mental health facility in Blackpool.

20-year-old Bren was classified as Level 3 risk, meaning he required constant supervision.

However, an inquest has found that the nurses watched him for less than three minutes over the hour before he was found unresponsive.....https://globalinfo247.com/shocking-moment-nurses-braid-each-others-hair-as-patient-takes-own-life-feet-away-video/

Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by TemplarLandry: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by LeoDekings: 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
Sounds like a joke
Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by ravensckar(m): 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2023
These one definitely learnt from their Nigerian counterpart. Very lackadaisical sets of people. Nurses and Doctors that are supposed to save lives, they'd be acting like they care less if a life is lost.

PS- I'm not generalizing though because I've met a few medical personnels that are quite dedicated.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by Pepperdemisback: 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
ravensckar:
These one definitely learnt from their Nigerian counterpart. Very lackadaisical sets of people. Nurses and Doctors that are supposed to save lives, they'd be acting like they care less if a life is lost.

PS- I'm not generalizing though because I've met a few medical personnels that are quite dedicated.
Please tell us one SINGLE thing you are useful for.
They never see anything good about what they have but always criticizing. When they stop recruiting Nigerian Nurses abroad now, same one will blame Tinubu.
Always dragging the country online as if we are the only country on the Internet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by Chibuezem(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
ravensckar:

In a system that budgets millions abi billions of naira to social protection (whatever it means) and mere change to the health sector, why won't nurses, doctors and other health workers be lackadaisical.... People that are still using old salary scale while politicians are buying cars worth billions of naira amassing wealth from numerous allowance which they've denied said health workers.
Yet you will see a stupid Nigerian pt who will have the effrontery to beat a nurse don't be silly over neglect of pt. Nigerians are good at channeling their energy, anger and frustration at the wrong source.
Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by Benki003(m): 8:05am On Nov 07, 2023
Dam that's revoking of their license
Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by We4all: 8:17am On Nov 07, 2023
Now it's obvious that the behaviors exhibited by Nigerian nurses is not uncommon. Not everyone should be certified as a nurse because nursing requires someone with a sense of humanity to care adequately for their patients.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by finallybusy: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2023
He’s gone. Life continues.
Re: Shocking Moment Nurses Braid Each Other's Hair As Patient Takes Own Life by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2023
ravensckar:

Your last line is irrelevant

This news has got nothing to do with Nigeria but somehow u had to include us in the post

If this news had been about us, You guys would have told us to go to "Advanced countries to see things for ourselves"

I feel we are so mentally defeated and colonized that we subconsciously think its impossible for the whites to be fallible and when they do, we feel it has to be linked with us just anyhow

I dont suffer from such inferiority complex, so i know your tribe already cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dont ask u to defend our poor healthcare system but this news isnt about Nigeria for godsake

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Ice Prince With His Mother / Peter Okoye Reacts To World's Most Expensive Champagne / Chika Ike, Francis Duru, On Set Of A New Traditional Film (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.