Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,036 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day (176 Views)

PETER OBI THROWS THE OBIDENT MOVEMENT UNDER THE BUS!!!!!! / I Don’t Have Dual Nationality’, Obi Throws Jab At Tinubu / ‘I Don’t Have Dual Nationality’, Obi Throws Jab At Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by Nigeria360tv: 10:14am On Nov 07, 2023
PETER OBI THROWS IN THE TOWEL, LESSONS FOR ANOTHER DAY

I like Peter Obi, I share his dream of a better tomorrow for Nigeria where we produce and export instead of consume. I admire his track record. I bow at his grasp of figures and statistics and his ability to calculate complex sums in a moment- he is a genius.

I also like the Obidient movement, minus the toxic elements who turned it into a tribal charade. I am Obidient at heart, a rebel by nature but a lover of Nigeria and a firm believer in the ultimate triumph of good over evil.

I am glad that yesterday, at a World Press Conference, instead of complaining too much like Atiku Abubakar and trying to bring the roof down, he threw in the towel and said enough is enough. A man must know when to bow out honourably and prepare to fight another day. Atiku Abubakar is yet to learn that. Maybe someday he will. He has a right to hurt some more.

However, unlike Atiku, age is still on the side of Peter Obi, he can still give the Presidency a shot in 2027.
Hereunder, I present a crash course of Nigerian real time political knowledge. This is what he needs to grasp fast if he wants to be President of Nigeria in 2027.

As a StoryTeller, I have seen and heard enough to be something of an authority in my living room. I am in charge here, so listen… It’s a satire.

1. NIGERIAN POLITICS IS NOT ABOUT A BEAUTIFUL C.V

Yes, it is not. It’s not about how many degrees you have and how many times you have attended trainings at Ivy league universities to be in tune with the rest of the world. We will get there someday, not just yet. Nigerian politics of today is about street smart ness. You must be in sync with the people on the street. You must speak their language. It’s about being able to connect with the poor.

2. IN NIGERIAN POLITICS INTELLECTUALS DONT COUNT FOR MUCH

In Nigerian politics, being supported by intellectuals like the Big Tent Crowd does not count for much. Big names name make for good newspaper copy and front page space for photographs. But what is their electoral value? They can call press conferences every day or offering solutions to Nigeria’s many problems, but bottom line is do they control any voting blocks? No. The lagosian will tell you that words alone does not cut it.

3.NIGERIAN POLITICS IS NOT ABOUT BRILLIANT MANIFESTOES

Manifestoes and beautifully printed and bound economic blueprints for recovery work everywhere but Nigeria. We are not just interested. Nobody has time to read anything or study graphs and projections. It is the man in the street that you need to convince. The educated people will not come out on voting day. They will be indoors watching CNN or ARISE. Put together a three or four point plan that resonates with the masses.

4. NIGERIAN POLITICS IS ABOUT GODFATHERS.

There are different kinds of Godfathers in Nigeria. You might not have someone like the godfather- in – chief backing you, but bear in mind there are millions of godfathers in Nigeria today. Anybody who tells you that you can survive without them is a liar. He does not know politics. Keep him far from you .

Every street has a godfather. They control the voting blocks, from the street to the ward and constituency level, up to the local government and senatorial levels, they are controlled by godfathers, they call themselves leaders, but they are godfathers.They are a committed circle of experienced men and women who have decades of experience in local politics and understand the tides. Politics is their means of survival. It’s their shop and they guide it. They know how to milk the system for themselves and close aides. They do not know what patriotism means yet. Who they know is who has been ‘dropping ‘ for them. Who they can run to when it’s time to pay school fees or pay house rent or do naming ceremony of a new baby. That’s who they will tell their people to vote for.

5. YOU NEED BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA.

In Nigerian politics, money is like oxygen. You need lots of it. Billions upon billions of naira, in Ghana Must go or in Bullion vans or in your trunk. Money is money. The Nigerian electorate is not used to donating money to a candidate. It’s still Strange and too oyinboish for us. We are used to politicians bringing their own money and souvenirs and sharing to us, not asking us to volunteer and support. We will get there one day. Trust me.

If you don’t have money in Nigerian politics, you borrow or liquidate some assets. Your ambition must cost you something. Thereafter, you gather a few rich men who will bankroll your campaign. Call them whatever you like, godfathers, elders etc. They are necessary evils in politics. You cannot do without them. They will come to you if you are receptive. There is always money for politics. These men are investors and they are looking for good ground to sow seeds. At this stage, you have started dining with the devil. Long forks can not help you. Your soul is already sold to them. Sim Fubara is a very recent example. Ask well before you come out again in 2027.

6. YOU NEED FOOT SOLDIERS.

Politics in Nigeria is about having men to do the foot work. A hundred men ready to match the streets when thirty is needed. You need committed people not only on social media writing crap but boots on the ground.

Foot soldiers who rain or shine will stand with their candidates. Men who are experienced in the field. Who know everybody in their ward; godfathers and local influencers who can help sell a candidate. Men who know where people hang out regularly in the locality and share information.

You don’t need first timers who want to learn on the job. Politics is tasking. These men are patient, they know the system. They know the signs and the language when rigging is being planned and how to thwart it. In every locality you need men with experience who have a network of people they trust and can call to with them. Add these to your polished crowd and you have a winning team.

7. YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO LEARN.

You must be prepared to learn. The climate and modus change everyday. What you knew four years ago, won’t work for you today. The lingo is changing. The terms of engagement is also constantly evolving. It is do as they do. Ask the people on the street. If party A is doing something, you adopt it. You must not be left behind. If they share something, you mobilize money and share something else. If they are planning empowerment for market money, you do same. You must not slack. You must be like the jones. Everything is done head to head, no excuse. The men and women know the changing trends more than a professor of political science. They know the trends. They can gauge it. They can also predict consequences. They see and hear things everyday. Like the storyteller, they continue long after you are sleeping. What you decided yesterday, might not hold tomorrow. Accept that and move on.

8. YOU NEED A PROPAGANDA DEPARTMENT

You need a solid propaganda machinery backing your campaign from day one. You need solid men. Retired editors, veterans, not ex- reporters sending out press releases. You need heavy hitters who can call up an editor at 2;00 am and sell him a story for that morning. APC had Dele Alake and Bayo Onanuga, PDP had Dele Momodu and others, Heavy men. Propaganda and publicity is the live engine of every serious campaign and must be well funded. Having one man does not show seriousness. From the first day, gather a solid team. They will lay the agenda and put the opposition in offensive. They will ensure you look good in the eyes of the public daily. It is hard work and it cost money. Lots of it.

9. LASTLY, FIND A PARTY THAT WILL WORK FOR YOU.

you don’t have to die with Labour party. You started your political life with APGA before joining PDP and now LABOUR PARTY. if you are not comfortable with them, do kindly move. Don’t let anybody frustrate you. Much of the blame for your last failure goes to your party. They did not mobilize enough. Too much in-fighting when they should have been mobilizing workers. Logistics for party agents was paid very late in many places. Look for a party that matches your stride. There are many parties out there to pick from. Take your time, consult. Your supporters will follow. It is you that matters. Believe me.

What I have offered Sir, is candid advice. Put it to use and it will help you. Stop being a gentle man, if they do you, you do them back,I hope you understand sir. To change Nigeria is small small, but you must get into power first the jungle way.

The Nigerian electorate does not appreciate a soft man. The street is the greatest teacher and I am a student of the street.
You can take it and adapt or you can roll with the Big Tent people. I will be watching you.

By; Al Humphrey Onyanabo (The StoryTeller)
Tel; +2347054674906
Email; nigeria360online@gmail.com
www.nigeria360.com.ng

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by joceey(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2023
Hmmmm very deep

1 Like

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by Amb1045(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2023
Politics very dirty game

1 Like

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2023
Does obi have CV?

A secondary school cert holder.

Obi is richer than Joe Biden but screaming I no deh give shishi

1 Like

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2023
His party the LP want to win election but does not have party agents in over 44k polling units

Obi is too daftti

2 Likes

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by Ola9ja23: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2023
Obi and Dafti are the most useless politicians I have ever seen.

Imagine trying to win election base on religion propagandas and they solely rely on SE and SS votes

Prior to the election, some research indicate that majority of Northerners villagers or rural area are not aware about anything Labor party or Pandora Obituary 😀🤣🤣🤣😀😀🤣

Dafti made it worst by contributing nothing rather than wailing and spending.

By d way, Iyshat Yesuf said they would give account of their spending after the court.
When are they going to prove their transparency ?
Ndi ala 😂🤣😀

2 Likes

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by Raskimonojendor: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ola9ja23:
Obi and Dafti are the most useless politicians I have ever seen.

Imagine trying to win election base on religion propagandas and they solely rely on SE and SS votes

Prior to the election, some research indicate that majority of Northerners villagers or rural area are not aware about anything Labor party or Pandora Obituary 😀🤣🤣🤣😀😀🤣

Dafti made it worst by contributing nothing rather than wailing and spending.

By d way, Iyshat Yesuf said they would give account of their spending after the court.
When are they going to prove their transparency ?
Ndi ala 😂🤣😀
🤣🤣🤣.

They were an end to a means. They helped BAT achieve his presidential ambition.

2 Likes

Re: A Storyteller Special; Peter Obi Throws In The Towel, Lessons For Another Day by Goodvibes007: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
I hope he comes back in 2027 for another round of beating.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throw Back: Before APC Happened To The Project / Soludo's Visit To Olumbanasa Altruistic, Not Political, APGA Chief Explains / 1,197 Nigerian-trained Doctors Move To UK Since May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.