Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 (7357 Views)

Sterling Bank Grows Profit After Tax By 65% To N8.521bn / Zenith Bank Grows Nine Months Profit By 36% To N130bn / Fidelity Bank Grows Profit After Tax By 66% To N9bn In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by ppogba: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
2mch:

Itโ€™s my bank and my money was stolen from there. That never happened before this CEO. The security in that bank is not what it used to be.

You have changed from not making enough profit to stealing your money.

Bank fraud predates any CEO and has ๐Ÿ since time immemorial.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Menclothing: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
Favorite bank that gives interest
My access company acct donโ€™t and all my other 6 acct
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by callthefred: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
Na their betting initiative gives them so much cash. That their option to generate account info when funding betting accounts is definitely a game changer.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Mosba: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
An indication that your money isn't completely safe in banks
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by VEHINTOLAR: 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
ppogba:

Tell them to desist from the idea of charging N6.98 each time you make an attempt to use their payment channels whether the transaction sails through or not. The moment attempt any transaction with their 935, you will be charged whether the transaction fails or succeeds. They are the only bank I know that does that.

I am a customer and a shareholder with substantial shares in case you want to insult me.

Oh,come on,why on earth would I insult you for airing your own opinion or sharing your own experience about the Bank ? I don't even own their shares and neither am I an employee. So,I'm not in the business of insulting anyone on behalf of Wema Bank or laundering the Bank's image. I don't insult people unprovoked as a matter of fact. Just like you,I'm a customer and I think it's important to say it if they are doing something that's commendable. I have accounts in other Banks,I can only recommend one or two other banks asides Wema Bank. This is my own honest opinion,I'm not even saying this to counter any other person's perception of the Bank.

As for the charges,without being immodest or arrogant,I don't pay attention to it ! I enjoy their services and that's it for me.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by ppogba: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Oh,come on,why on earth would I insult you for airing your own opinion or sharing your own experience about the Bank ? I don't even own their shares and neither am I an employee. So,I'm not in the business of insulting anyone on behalf of Wema Bank or laundering the Bank's image. I don't insult people unprovoked as a matter of fact. Just like you,I'm a customer and I think it's important to say it if they are doing something that's commendable. I have accounts in other Banks,I can only recommend one or two other banks asides Wema Bank. This is my own honest opinion,I'm not even saying this to counter any other person's perception of the Bank.

As for the charges,without being immodest or arrogant,I don't pay attention to it ! I enjoy their services and that's it for me.

Good comment.

As per the charges, I get annoyed and pay attention to it when I discover I have been charged N6.98 UP TO 18 OR ATIMES 15 times for making a transaction that is umsuccessful
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by missionmex(m): 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
JagabanB:

Truth hits differently.
Perspective truth you mean to say
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by CentralBank(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
grandstar:

Many of the loan apps use them.

You also have a $500 limit on their Naira debit card monthly.

With Providus bank, it is $1,000

Just what I wanted to say grin
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by VEHINTOLAR: 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
ppogba:

Good comment.

As per the charges, I get annoyed and pay attention to it when I discover I have been charged N6.98 UP TO 18 OR ATIMES 15 times for making a transaction that is umsuccessful

Regarding their charges,I honestly don't pay attention to it but I don't want to believe that they charge above their peers in the industry. On what ground will they do that ? If you're however,very sure of your facts,I think you should escalate this to the relevant regulatory authorities like the CBN. I'm very sure they will take it up against them if your allegation is true. Please,take it up with them;customers shouldn't be charged for an unsuccessful transaction. If they have been doing that,then it must stop and relevant reversals carried out.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by verygoodguy: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Very impressive!!!
Oya make make una pay shareholders sharperly
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by ppogba: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Regarding their charges,I honestly don't pay attention to it but I don't want to believe that they charge above their peers in the industry. On what ground will they do that ? If you're however,very sure of your facts,I think you should escalate this to the relevant regulatory authorities like the CBN. I'm very sure they will take it up against them if your allegation is true. Please,take it up with them;customers shouldn't be charged for an unsuccessful transaction. If they have been doing that,then it must stop and relevant reversals carried out.

It is not the value of the charges that I am particular about. Rather, it is the nuisance it constitutes to my email that is my major concern. Having to delete upward of 18 nonsense messages could be nauseating.

Escalate to regulatory authorities you say? Wonderful. Welcome back to Nigeria from your land of fantasy.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by VEHINTOLAR: 7:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
ppogba:

It is not the value of the charges that I am particular about. Rather, it is the nuisance it constitutes to my email that is my major concern. Having to delete upward of 18 nonsense messages could be nauseating.

Escalate to regulatory authorities you say? Wonderful. Welcome back to Nigeria from your land of fantasy.

Lol !
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by JagabanB: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
missionmex:

Perspective truth you mean to say
It hits hard
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by propsvilla2: 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
ImDStar:
Beautiful.
Can anyone please educate me more on wema bank ALAT and it genuineness?
Very genuine, flexible and efficient
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by okerekingsley90: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
princeemma69:
Why is it only banks are the companies making profits in the Tinubu regime? Should please explain

Very simple. Banks do make a lot during inflationary environments
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Kay25(m): 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
HeatSeeker:

This reminds me of the 2005 - 2007 period when banks were declaring stupendous profits yearly. It wasn't until 2008 that everything scattered and we then knew it was all a sham. Make we dey look.
Not for wema bank it can stand any weather
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Kay25(m): 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
Awo' s pride,oodua niyen
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Seytex: 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Wema is a fraudsters bank, so Iโ€™m not suprised by this news. Wema bank is the only bank that encourage fraudsters. Ronda Tek of AIM comes to mind.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by HeatSeeker(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kay25:

Not for wema bank it can stand any weather

The same Wema that was a regional bank a few years back?! Abegi
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Kay25(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
HeatSeeker:

The same Wema that was a regional bank a few years back?! Abegi
Yes it was and still standing till now competing favourably..its called evolving
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by intruder15(m): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
HeatSeeker:

This reminds me of the 2005 - 2007 period when banks were declaring stupendous profits yearly. It wasn't until 2008 that everything scattered and we then knew it was all a sham. Make we dey look.

What caused the profit effect between 2005 and 2007
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Awardd: 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
ecolime:

Hahahaha

How you go compare Wema and FirstBank? ๐Ÿ™„

It's like comparing Kemi Olunloyo with Christiane Amanpour. FirstBank senior una na
that's was past tense, first bank ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by BabaRamota1980: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
HeatSeeker:

True, those are banks modeled after oyinbo capitalism. Wema is not one of them. Wema was modeled after Yoruba Esusu.

It has been around before many of us were born. Very solid and reliable.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Jjhunt(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2023
Davido is really doing his home work well.congratulations to them
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by akigbemaru: 2:20am On Nov 08, 2023
MainblockAngle:
Wema bank taking over. Wema bank doing great stuff. There numbers are impressive. The bank is getting recognition. The bank is setting standard.

WEMA Bank: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzWC803NnCk/?igshid=N2VoeDZidzFqdHdn
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by lanre316: 5:58am On Nov 08, 2023
2mch:
Nice one. GTB has been on a steady decline since that new CEO. The board need to sack her before she destroy the bank.

Very few Nigerian women can be a successful bank CEO. I can name several big companies who started nose diving as soon a a female CEO takes the helm.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by gbemi4real(m): 6:04am On Nov 08, 2023
Excellent ๐Ÿ‘.

Wema is always the best
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Jirkurr: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2023
Most of the fraudulent activities are carry out from wema Bank nothing to congratulate here.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Intrepid01(m): 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
ppogba:

Do not exhibit your stupidity.
CBN has warned them not to chop the profit gotten due to the currency revaluation.

Look for something else to cry on or better still go to a beer parlour where you can be the C Ronaldo with your limited knowledge.

How does this necessitate insult in anyway? Just providing information on the driver of the purported revenue declared by naija banks and you are here crying like you just lost someone.

Iโ€™ve had to restrain myself from insulting you and yea thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ll do.
Re: Wema Bank Grows Profit By 131% In Q3, 2023 by Aminu212: 5:03am On Nov 10, 2023
Please is the alat virtual card working with AliExpress?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interior Decoration Company In Nigeria / CBNโ€™s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million / Interested In Old Naira Notes And Coins (Collector)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.