Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity (10340 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / Obaseki Approves Automatic Employment Of First-class Graduates Of Edo Origin / Kano Varsity Offers Automatic Employment To 35 First Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by MasterTeeUSA: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
This is what Buhari said all universities ought to do but the cabals called ASUU rejected it. Why hire professors when you have 1st class graduates...regardless of their states of origin...but they prefer those under qualified that will be selling handouts. This is commendable even though he is a PDP Governor. We move

Aisosa25:
Obaseki offers automatic employment to 12 first class graduates of Edo varsity

…to prioritise furnishing of school’s medical sciences with world-class facilities

... pledges completion of teaching hospital, others in 2024

The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has offered automatic employment to 12 first class graduating students of the Edo State University, Uzairue.

The governor, at the school’s fifth convocation ceremony in Etsako West Local Government Area of the State, reaffirmed his government’s commitment to building quality manpower to sustain the ongoing reforms in the State’s civil and public service to drive development in the State.

He said, “As usual, all those 12 students that made a first class in this set have automatic employment into Edo State Civil Service; your job is waiting for you.

“We have made it a standard that any graduate from any of our universities in Edo State who makes a first-class should be given automatic employment in our public and civil service. We want to build quality manpower.”

He continued: “As we mark the fifth convocation, the institution has continued to blaze the trail in teaching and research in Nigeria. This academic year has been challenging but we are, today, celebrating the first set of our nine doctorate degree students.

“The university has played an indispensable role in shaping the academic and personal growth of all of you who have graduated today. This university has nurtured your mind and infused values of critical thinking, and integrity and has propelled you to become responsible citizens of our State and country.”

“It is not just celebrating your individual successes but also about acknowledging the responsibilities that come with the knowledge that you have acquired. The knowledge and education we have given you is to enable you to navigate the very difficult but inspirational times ahead of you.”

Obaseki further noted, “As a government, we are committed to providing unwavering support to the university. In this regard, in next year's budget, we are going to furnish the school of medical sciences with requisite infrastructure and complete the school's teaching hospital.”
“I have also deployed fibre optic internet connectivity to this school so as to support the effort you have made in using technology to facilitate learning.”

Commending the governor’s sustained investment in the education sector, the Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Engr. Emmanuel Aluyor, linked the successes recorded in the institution to the governor, who is the visitor of the university.

Earlier in his message, the Chancellor of the school and Chairman of the occasion, Prof Emeritus Thomas Okpo K. Audu lauded the governor for creating an enabling environment and the needed support for the institution to thrive.

PHOTO CAPTION

L-R: Transcorp Group President, Dr. Owen Omogiafo; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; Co-founder/Partner, Verod Capital Management Limited, Dr. Eric Idiahi, during the conferment of honorary Doctor of Business Administration on Omogiafo and Idiahi at the 5th convocation ceremony of Edo State University, Uzairue, Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State.

Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by osazsky(m): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Claire2023:
Congratulations of the beneficiaries and i commend Governor Godwin Obaseki for placing excellence above mediocrity.
This excellent reward system will encourage students to work harder.
I nor fit laugh 60 thousand naira job..welcome to edo civil service..bloody civil servants
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Blitzerz: 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Obaseki has performed excellent in the area of Open employment.

You cant take that from him

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:20am On Nov 08, 2023
DiamondPant:
I don't know why I'm usually not impressed with this job thingy for first class graduates.
I feel government jobs, especially at the state level, are meant to create lazy people, as most of them do next to nothing in those offices.
Why push a first class graduate into that sort of place?
I prefer they are challenged to create a business plan and then empowered to do business and contribute to the economy.
And who told u everyone can create business or be entrepreneur did they even told ist class graduate must be entrepreneur...??
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:21am On Nov 08, 2023
ILoveNG:
I believe First class graduates are meant for academia not civil service. Second class upper graduates are more apt for civil service.
Commendable though. It’s good to see efforts on education being rewarded.
even Third class can be in academia..
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by ILoveNG: 12:22am On Nov 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
even Third class can be in academia..

Of course
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by StephLawrence(f): 12:27am On Nov 08, 2023
They said you couldn’t but this proves them wrong. The iPhone you dumped or wanted to sell for cheaps can now be unlocked by this system.

Unlock iPhones with ease,
Remove activation lock and be able to make calls.
Turn off FMI,
Remove screen locks and many more

✅ Fast & Secure
✅ 100% Legal
✅ Works on all iPhone models and iOS versions

iPhone 8 & 8 plus: N10,000
iPhone X: N16,500
including other iPhone models.

Visit https://jiffies.store
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Dancebreaker: 2:38am On Nov 08, 2023
ILoveNG:
I believe First class graduates are meant for academia not civil service. Second class upper graduates are more apt for civil service.
It's not by force to accept the job offer. Those that obtain scholarship for study abroad may or may not choose that option.
No, it's in 9ja that most people think 1.1 must go into academia. Some students just put their best into their studies without interest in academia. Many are quite happy to work across all sectors of the economy.

There are far more 2.1 graduates in research/academia than 1.1. Reason is there are far more 2.1 graduates out there than 1.1.
So academia is not a congregation of 1.1 students only. A friend had 2.2 first degree but had distinction in his MSc and later did well in his PhD. He's in academia now. All in the West.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Deepocean(m): 3:34am On Nov 08, 2023
OnknownSoldier:
What’s a first class doing in the state civil service? Ontop how much? 65k? Lol

Be positive at least for a second, you're the first person to post something negative on the topic. Why are you like that? Don't we have a lot of first class graduates still roaming the street?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by thomasjoe(m): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2023
osaosa72:
This is just the beginning. First and foremost, Obaseki is someone with integrity.All the first class products in University of Benin that are indigenes of Edo state were given offer of employment. This is a laudable initiative. We commend his effort
All the first class were given (not all the first class that are indigenes )
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by OmoOlomo1: 5:09am On Nov 08, 2023
Very nice gesture from the government. There should be more on human development through encouragement of education.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Judolisco(m): 5:12am On Nov 08, 2023
osaosa72:
This tertiary institution reformation by his excellency, the Governor of Edo State, Governor Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki in University of Benin by offering 1st class graduates indigenes of Edo is laudable initiative. However, we really appreciate God Governor Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki for his words.
stop twerking man
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Debangis20(m): 5:14am On Nov 08, 2023
That is highly commendable.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by blowjohn(m): 5:42am On Nov 08, 2023
aQUINandmore:
your image laundry game is sub par.
What reformation when he has killed education system in edo state.
How long did it take to build the university itself that he's promising 2024 for a faculty, so that he will have ribbon to cut on the even of next elections.

Na customised thread na. The people commenting know theriseleves that's obvious.

As if other governors don't reward their first class graduates.

Wetin 1 million go do in this era and they want to go and waste themselves and their brains inside an office?
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by clappa: 5:43am On Nov 08, 2023
[quote author=fabianiyobosa post=126848596]Lol, he is trying to come closer to Oshomhole.
That school is rumored to be owned by Oshomhole and even in Oshomole's town very close to his house.

Your head nor correct at all,mad person
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by clappa: 5:45am On Nov 08, 2023
Obaseki is a great man,we hope he gives us a more excellent successor
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by philipstanley(m): 6:04am On Nov 08, 2023
Good one from Obaseki.
The former Governor of my state should see how it's done. I graduated with a first class degree, the former Governor of Taraba State (Darius Ishaku) promised us Automatic Appointments but guess what! None of us was given appointment, award or gift.

I commend Obaseki for this.
Excellence needs to be encourage and appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Rinoxy: 6:26am On Nov 08, 2023
ILoveNG:
What about 2.2 graduates?😄
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by SmartyPants(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2023
DiamondPant:
I don't know why I'm usually not impressed with this job thingy for first class graduates.
I feel government jobs, especially at the state level, are meant to create lazy people, as most of them do next to nothing in those offices.
Why push a first class graduate into that sort of place?
I prefer they are challenged to create a business plan and then empowered to do business and contribute to the economy.

The skills required to emerge as a first class student have nothing to do with business. First class students belong in the professional world not in the business world selling pant for example.

We are talking doctors, lqwyers engineers, research scientists. They have no business doing business.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by bitbillionaire: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2023
SmartyPants:

The skills required to emerge as a first class student have nothing to do with business. First class students belong in the professional world not in the business world selling pant for example.

We are talking doctors, lqwyers engineers, research scientists. They have no business doing business.

This man your reasoning funny o. What is your level of education? If you attended university I'm afraid you just wasted your parents money because all the time and money you spent at school was pure waste. Your reasoning is at the level of an illiterate or someone who stopped at primary school.

To you doing business is synonymous with just selling pants and stuffs like that?

Did you just say doctors, lawyers and engineers have no business doing business? Are you for real?

So according to your reasoning a qualified medical doctor who establish an hospital is not doing business?

What of a lawyer who establish a law firm or an engineer who establish an engineering firm? Are you telling us this people are not doing business? Wow! You need to refund all the money your parents wasted sending you to school and apologise to them seriously.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by SmartyPants(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2023
bitbillionaire:

This man your reasoning funny o. What is your level of education? If you attended university I'm afraid you just wasted your parents money because all the time and money you spent at school was pure waste. Your reasoning is at the level of an illiterate or someone who stopped at primary school.

To you doing business is synonymous with just selling pants and stuffs like that?

Did you just say doctors, lawyers and engineers have no business doing business? Are you for real?

So according to your reasoning a qualified medical doctor who establish an hospital is not doing business?

What of a lawyer who establish a law firm or an engineer who establish an engineering firm? Are you telling us this people are not doing business? Wow! You need to refund all the money your parents wasted sending you to school and apologise to them seriously.

Are you normal?

What I said up there implies that a professional should practice in the area of their specialization which could be as an entrepreneur of course, but should not deviate into commerce in general. That is in the context of whether it is best for the State to offer them jobs or funding to do business instead, as the person I replied suggested.

Now going back to the context, are you suggesting fresh graduates should be given money to start hospitals and law firms?

You have displayed the processing capacity of a toddler.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by olisaEze(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2023
In the history of Bendel/Edo/Delta State, Obaseki is the worst Gov ever! I doubt any of those praise singers on the FP have been to Benin recently, because the condition of the roads there are horrendously appalling! Whether u reside in the State or just passing through, you can never praise the man after experiencing the valley of the shadow of death that the Benin bypass has become. Why not offer those FC graduates a scholarship abroad to prepare them for leadership roles in future? I forgot, none of these our so called leaders has the ability to see beyond their two terms! undecided
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by tivity101: 8:30am On Nov 08, 2023
ILoveNG:

State owned schools are also part of civil service commission, so they can follow up the educational route as well
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Jostoman: 8:36am On Nov 08, 2023
Obaseki the peoples governor.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by Jostoman: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2023
philipstanley:
Good one from Obaseki.
The former Governor of my state should see how it's done. I graduated with a first class degree, the former Governor of Taraba State (Darius Ishaku) promised us Automatic Appointments but guess what! None of us was given appointment, award or gift.

I commend Obaseki for this.
Excellence needs to be encourage and appreciated.
you are right.
Re: Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity by ufuosman(m): 11:58am On Nov 08, 2023
Good one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Waec And Nabteb Nbc Result Be Combined? / Nigerian Government Scholarship For Masters Abroad / JAMB Past Questions And Answers For All Subjects [PDF Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.