Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect (965 Views)

Has Anybody Used Vconnect Advertising?? / Eyowo.com Seems To Have Lost Focus / Vconnect Is Stealing Our Clients, Giving Them A Wrong Impression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by jmoore(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2011
what is the purpose of some website owners limiting access to their sites, like making urls invisible to non-registered users.

My focus is on vconnect, you cannot see the contact details of businesses listed there until you login.
Even when logged in, the contact details of businesses listed there becomes invisible after you have viewed a certain amount of pages.

what's the purpose?
Re: Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by joomlaman(m): 6:45am On Oct 27, 2011
they have there reasons!
Re: Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by jmoore(m): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2011
joomlaman:

they have there reasons!

that's no answer to my question
Re: Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by DualCore1: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2011
have you tried asking them?
Re: Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by yamakuza: 10:44am On Oct 27, 2011
Money.

They want you to register so they have your details.

They want you to pay so you have their data.
Re: Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by jmoore(m): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
yamakuza:

Money.

They want you to register so they have your details.

They want you to pay so you have their data.

you got it all wrong. I registered but as soon as I start browsing through the pages the contact details of the listed businesses were no longer shown.

Whatever is there reason, they are killing their site. I can't imagine craiglist or other top ads/business listing site doing such thing.
Re: Restrictions Placed On Website: Focus On Vconnect by bros12345: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2011
My friend, just vconnect it.

(1) (Reply)

How are apartment listing sites built? / How True Is Graphcard Payments / Pls I Need Joomsocial Or Any Social Network Development Tool!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.