Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam (531 Views)

Man Kills Ex-fiancée For Leaving Him For Another Lover After 10-year Dating (pic / Woman Dies After Husband Set Her Ablaze For Insisting To Travel For Mum's Burial / Lamu: Chinese Vlogger Dies After Ex-Husband Set Her On Fire During A Livestream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by BetterHeadline: 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
A woman in eastern Uganda has been hospitalized with serious burns after her Muslim husband discovered she had converted to Christianity and set her on fire, area sources said.

SOURCE
Hajara Namwase, a 32-year-old mother of three children in Kenkebu village, Budaka town, is still receiving hospital treatment for third-degree burns after her husband, 42-year-old Musa Kalele, threw gasoline and a lighted match on her, a friend of the victim told Morning Star News.

After accepting Christ on May 3 while her husband was away on business in South Sudan, Namwase regularly attended a small group fellowship in Budaka with the friend who had introduced her to the gospel and other Christians. She returned home from the cell group meeting on Oct. 17 to find her husband had returned from a trip to South Sudan.

“I got scared upon seeing him, because I had some gospel tracts and a small New Testament Bible which I could not hide,” Namwase told her friend, whose identity is withheld for security reasons.

Upon seeing the Bible and other Christian literature, Kalele became furious, left the room and returned with a container of gas, she said.

“He took some bedsheets, covered them around my body and then removed me out of the house,” Namwase told her friend. “He forced me to lie down. He took the petrol, then poured it on me and thereafter took a matchbox, lit it, and the fire began burning me up.”

Her daughter alerted neighbors who rescued her and took her to Mbale Regional Referral Hospital. Namwase’s sister later arrived to help her get admitted to the hospital, and on Oct. 24 she was transferred to a hospital in Kampala for more specialized treatment.

Her husband has fled to South Sudan, a relative of Namwase told Morning Star News.

Namwase said she is worried about where she will stay after her release, as all her relatives are Muslims, and what will become of her children, ages 4, 6 and 9, who have come under the care of their paternal grandmother.

Still hospitalized in Kampala, Namwase has third-degree burns on much of her body, with nerve damage and multiple red spots on her skin, Christian sources in the area told Morning Star News.

1 Like

Re: Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by Alhajikd: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
angry
A'uzubilahi

No wonder I left this barbaric religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by MS247: 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
Let's hear from the man, nobody sets a wife you married with your hard earned money through hard work

Did she cheat?! Passion of crime

Did she have a bastard?! Pertenitty fruad
Re: Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by Salary: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
undecided
Re: Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by Waterysperm: 7:06am On Nov 09, 2023
Islamic religion is a satanic religion. Know this, know peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by livenija: 7:54am On Nov 09, 2023
MS247:
Let's hear from the man, nobody sets a wife you married with your hard earned money through hard work

Did she cheat?! Passion of crime

Did she have a bastard?! Pertenitty fruad
u b fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Set Christian Wife On Fire For Leaving Islam by Deogratiasfx: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2023
So many religions in this world but I imagine the world without Islam. Why is this religion synonymous with so much violence?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Recounts How Fraudsters Withdrew All The Money In Her Account / Court Sentences Student To Death By Hanging / The Nigerian Police Free 16 Girls In 'baby Factory' Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.