Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

.NET 8 is now live - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / .NET 8 is now live (842 Views)

Introduction To Unified Blazor Template For .net 8 In Radzen Blazor Studio / .NET 8 Preview Has Been Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
.NET 8 has amazing features for developers.Winform,MAUI ,ASP.NET CORE ,WINUI ,XAML,Blazor ,WPF,UWP . Long term is coming November 14 incrementally with the latest visual studio and SDK you can migrate to .NET 8
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/live/xEFO1sQ2bUc?si=j2Rd4RkTr2OC4Mur

https://github.com/dotnet/eshop

It is live the first day and tomorrow more updates are coming.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2023
With all the continuous new releases of .Net, hope they will now take a pause at this latest MAUI native and MAUI Hybrid, and they will let .NET developers breathe?
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2023
CodingSoft:
With all the continuous new releases of .Net, hope they will now take a pause at this latest MAUI native and MAUI Hybrid, and they will let .NET breathe? 

The .NET 8 SDK with its improved performance and benchmark results, offers developers a more efficient and productive environment to build their applications. It is important for developers to stay up to date with the latest SDK versions to take advantage of these advancements .
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2023
Alphabyte2:

The .NET 8 SDK with its improved performance and benchmark results, offers developers a more efficient and productive environment to build their applications. It is important for developers to stay up to date with the latest SDK versions to take advantage of these advancements .

That's what they always say on every new release. Hope they have a pause on this release for once.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2023
CodingSoft:

That's what they always say on every new release. Hope they have a pause on this release for once.
Microsoft will pause but a new release might come in 2 years time . Most developer find it difficult to keep up it it before and they switched to JavaScript so sad
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Microsoft will pause but a new release might come in 2 years time . Most developer find it difficult to keep up with it before and they switched to JavaScript so sad

I like .NET but this time they should wait much longer before they release another version.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2023
CodingSoft:

I like .NET but this time they should wait much longer before they release another version.

Yeah it is cool developing .NET because u can run your project without internet except deployment and the documentation is easy to understand if you know OOP.

https://github.com/dodyg/practical-aspnetcore
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Yeah it is cool developing .NET because u can run your project without internet except deployment and the documentation is easy to understand if you know OOP.

https://github.com/dodyg/practical-aspnetcore

OOP is fine for those of us with a degree in CE,CS,SE and similar. Not sure why a lot of programmers on this forum are not into .NET as it is catching up with Python for AI.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
CodingSoft:

OOP is fine for those of us with a degree in CE,CS,SE and similar. Not sure why a lot of programmers on this forum are not into .NET as it is catching up with Python for AI.

Decagon has created more C# developers in Nigeria but most developer .NET hardly comment on nairaland because they are few or busy. C# engineers earn more than Java.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
The end of .NET Conf but upgrade is coming this year

Day 3

https://www.youtube.com/live/LuGkxeKut_M?si=evqACqRLdbXCcOvr
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Decagon has created more C# developers in Nigeria but most developer .NET hardly comment on nairaland because they are few or busy. C# engineers earn more than Java.

Many programmers on this forum as scared of .NET, so we'll need to evangelist them to convert to .NET.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
CodingSoft:

Many programmers on this forum as scared of .NET, so we'll need to evangelist them to convert to .NET.

Motivating .NET developers on Nairaland can be done through various strategies. Acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of .NET developers in the forum. Highlight their accomplishments, such as the completion of projects or successful implementations. This recognition can be in the form of badges, certificates, or public appreciation posts like Microsoft MVP.

Provide assistance and guidance to developers who are facing challenges or seeking advice. Encourage experienced .NET developers to mentor and guide beginners.

Organize programming contests, coding challenges, or quizzes related to .NET development. Offer interesting prizes or rewards for participants. Such activities can foster healthy competition and motivate developers to enhance their skills and knowledge.

Sharing success stories of .NET developers who have accomplished significant achievements in their career and this can inspire other developers and motivate them to strive for success.

Sharing valuable resources such as tutorials, articles, video lectures, and books that can help developers enhance their skills in .NET development. Regularly updated resources

Creating networking opportunities for .NET developers in the forum. Encourage them to connect and collaborate.Acknowledge and appreciate the contributions of active and helpful .NET developers in the in nairaland forum.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
The goal is to make money and become Microsoft MVP by nominations but you have to be exceptional and have contributed In NET immersively .
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
I can be a mentor for those that want to learn .NET for web applications as that's where I do most of my developments.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
CodingSoft:
I can be a mentor for those that want to learn .NET for web applications as that's where I do most of my developments.
I know web , mobile and desktop .NET in C# . I can give resources here .
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

I know web , mobile and desktop .NET in C# . I can give resources here .

Mobile and web are better. I know desktop too but I would prefer web and mobile MAUI native over Xamarin
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
CodingSoft:

Mobile and web are better. I know desktop too but I would prefer web and mobile MAUI native over Xamarin

Next year Microsoft will end support for xamarin.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Next year Microsoft will end support for xamarin.

Updated
For those new to .Net Mobile development then MAUI native or MAUI Hybrib will be better for them to learn.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2023
CodingSoft:

For those new to .Net Mobile development then MAUI native or MAUI Hybrib PWA will be better for them to learn.

MAUI hybrid uses Blazor With BlazorWebView developers can leverage their existing Blazor skills and codebase to create cross-platform applications with both web and native capabilities. They can build the UI using Blazor's component .
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2023
Alphabyte2:
https://www.youtube.com/live/xEFO1sQ2bUc?si=j2Rd4RkTr2OC4Mur

https://github.com/dotnet/eshop

It is live the first day and tomorrow more updates are coming.

Click on Src/ hybridapp and Mainpage.XAML u will see the code for cross-platform (mobile) which is in BlazorWebView.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by qtguru(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2023
Alphabyte2:

I'm porting to Java but I like .NET Canada and Malta favours that C#. But not sure I can see myself in the Microsoft platform.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2023
qtguru:

I'm porting to Java but I like .NET Canada and Malta favours that C#. But not sure I can see myself in the Microsoft platform.

I know why because Microsoft technologies are too fast than normal. Much haven't changed in Java . I started coding C# since 2016 in less than 6 month everything u learn becomes outdated. Java is good but kotlin is about to compete with Java . I love Java also but Google and jetbrain didn't add Java support to compose and Kotlin multi-platform (KMP).
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
Alphabyte2:

MAUI hybrid uses Blazor With BlazorWebView developers can leverage their existing Blazor skills and codebase to create cross-platform applications with both web and native capabilities. They can build the UI using Blazor's component .

Is MAUI Hybrid only for mobile and Windows platforms, but no Web?
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2023
CodingSoft:

Is MAUI Hybrid only for mobile and Windows platforms, but no Web?

Yes no web but you can build apps for your ASP.NET Core blazor apps
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
Examples is this eShop app they use BlazorWebView and API In project.
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Yes no web but you can build apps for your ASP.NET Core blazor apps

But to use native stuff like camera, maps and scanner on a mobile app then you'll need to add .Net MAUI into .NET MAUI Hybrid
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
CodingSoft:

But to use native stuff like camera, maps and scanner on a mobile app then you'll need to add .Net MAUI into .NET MAUI Hybrid

Yes take a look at MaUI essential a predecessor of Xamarin essential . You can you any class library on your apps to

https://github.com/dotnet/maui/tree/main/src/Essentials/samples/Samples/View
Re: .NET 8 is now live by CodingSoft: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Yes take a look at MaUI essential a predecessor of Xamarin essential
https://github.com/dotnet/maui/tree/main/src/Essentials/samples/Samples/View

Cool.

Also here is a video from Gerald Versluis at Microsoft on 3 Ways to Combine .NET MAUI and .NET MAUI Blazor Hybrid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dllz4NZC0I
Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2023
CodingSoft:

Cool.

Also here a video from Gerald Versluis at Microsoft on 3 Ways Combine .NET MAUI and .NET MAUI Blazor Hybrid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dllz4NZC0I

This guy is good mixing Blazor maui and Maui native

1 Like

Re: .NET 8 is now live by Alphabyte2: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
Indians are learning MAUI and are catching up with new technologies fast . I recommend MAUI developers to know the . NET 8 control gallery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Any IT Ebook? / Pls Someone Should Help Me On How To Change A Default Application Icon And Tittle / Linux Application And Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.