Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Don't Give Up On Your Principles Because You've Not Achieved Yet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Give Up On Your Principles Because You've Not Achieved Yet (125 Views)

What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Give Up On Your Principles Because You've Not Achieved Yet by TimiRume(f): 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
My friend, the truth is you are marked for success that's why all these challenges keep coming your way. You have something on you, and something you don't understand is trying to take it away. If you were a nobody, your path would be so smooth and free but you have something hence the oppositions. Your end is full of glory and you need to see it that's why you have to hang in there.

Let me share a bit of my life experience for a minute.

Back in the university, my course mates "ostracized" me because I didn't want to join them in their varied conduct. They didn't see anything wrong in engaging in exam malpractice and conducting class prayers and fasting to pass. It wasn't just a part of the class or some cliques, it was the whole class. Except for myself and one deeper life guy who wasn't vocal about his stance(I was and everyone knew).

I felt alone but I knew I was doing the right thing. I wasn't a better human being, I knew this then because I had my own weaknesses. I just had this firm belief that if something is wrong why do it? Even if there is no reward forth coming, don't do it still. And I've lived by this principle all my life.

Like I said I wasn't a perfectionist, neither am I self righteous but I won't by God's grace, participate or consent to decadence for temporary gain.

And let me remind you, because I know you know already, this is the toughest path, most unreasonable route to take especially in a country like this. Family and friends are going to rebuke you and give you their backs. You are already suffering for this. You are going to go through the valley of the shadow of death multiple times, you will have to hang on threads uncountable times. Should I get started on how seemingly successful all those on the easy way would be? You will be tempted to compromise. It's the least traveled road.

So guard your loins with truth. Resolve everyday to stay on this road. Wait for the end of the big mouthed tribulations. That's where the shocker is.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Marriages Fail / 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex In Osapa / Ibadan People Send Your List Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.