Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? (2176 Views)

Isoko Names And Their Meaning / Itsekiri Names And Their Meaning / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
I have been studying certain Nigerian ethnic groups, and their clear links to China, Japan, Indonesia etc, are just stunning.

I don’t even know where to start.

I strongly believe that our ancestors migrated to Asia 2 to 3,000 years ago and founded the first empires there.

Check out this video that shows some incredible evidence. You will even see Nigerians speaking what sounds just like Chinese, and it’s their native language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYqtI3Ik30?si=5xPeRUD3TF1qlac6

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
The oldest city in China is named Anyang.

Anyang is a pure Nigerian name. We have Ikot Anyang in Cross Rivers here.

Come to think of it, that Calabar language sounds VERY CHINESE if you listen to it.

Something is definitely going on in this world that we are not being told.

As Africans, we have forgotten who we really are.

It’s starting to look like every civilisation out there that we look at today and regard with awe, was actually established by our ancestors thousands of years ago.

It’s amazing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
The Shanga people of Kebbi state and the Berom people and others like the Mwaghavul in Plateau state, all have names like Nanching, Nanfwang, Yen, Ching, Nantong, Nankin, Gwom, etc.

Those are all names that are used in China and Japan today.

Somebody explain that to me!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Emyogalanya: 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
All affected people should come and defend themselves o

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by benardtotti(m): 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:
I have been studying certain Nigerian ethnic groups, and their clear links to China, Japan, Indonesia etc, are just stunning.

I strongly believe that our ancestors migrated to Asia 2 to 3,000 years ago and founded the first empires there.

Check out this video that shows some incredible evidence. You will even see Nigerians speaking what sounds just like Chinese, and it’s their native language!

This is amazing !

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by obiekunie01: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
actually, some languages in plateau, adamawa, nasarawa, taraba and some other states have languages the have words and intonation similar in meaning to mandarin some even same facial features like the Chinese.

just that they may not be as wicked as chinese.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
obiekunie01:
actually, some languages in plateau, adamawa, nasarawa, taraba and some other states have languages the have words and intonation similar in meaning to mandarin some even same facial features like the Chinese.

just that they may not be as wicked as chinese.

LOL…Funny guy. How did wickedness enter the discussion, bro? 😎

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
Damn. Even our traditional wear is used in China and Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjz9J4_rhDo?si=LK658QV1m-TbsFhz
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
Africans trying to attach their roots to Asians and Europeans while the rest of the world try to attach African roots to Chimpanzees and Gorrillas. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by joyandfaith: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:

Meanings are different. Nevertheless, all languages have a common root- Hebrew or Egyptian
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by nonhuman(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Africans trying to attach their roots to Asians and Europeans while the rest of the world try to attach African roots to Chimpanzees and Gorrillas. grin
Jesu
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by NaMe4: 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
Which one is Chinese name? Those are original indigenous names of those Nigerian tribes you mentioned.
Having similar words, sounds and pronunciations from a limited alphabetical system does not indicate or imply any relationship.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by BitterTruth01: 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:

Come to think of it, that Calabar language sounds VERY CHINESE if you listen to it.

And they’re both short , wicked and love dog meat . You may have a point there 🤔

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2023
BitterTruth01:

And they’re both short , wicked and love dog meat . You may have a point there 🤔

Unnecessary.

Grow up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You sound dumb and ignorant.

Did you actually watch the video, or is your IQ is too low to understand what you're being shown?
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Blue3k(m): 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Publish your finding at your local university. If you can prove there's a linguistic link have your work published.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
joyandfaith:

Meanings are different. Nevertheless, all languages have a common root- Hebrew or Egyptian

Did you watch the video?

In many instances the words and meanings are the same.

And what is this 'Hebrew or Egyptian' stuff?

The SHANGA language of Nigeria is almost identical to the language of the Mien ethnic group of China, and shares many words with Mandarin Chinese, as shown in the video. It was a direct, recent connection between them, probably 2,000 to 3,000 years ago, not through ancient Egypt or Israel of 5,000 years plus.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by iyblaq(m): 12:57am On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:

It’s starting to look like every civilisation out there that we look at today and regard with awe, was actually established by our ancestors thousands of years ago.

It’s amazing.

Stop spreading misinformation, there is nothing like ikot Anyang in CRS. Cross River state have more than 15 different languages, none of them sounds like Chinese. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by sulakishop(m): 3:22am On Nov 09, 2023
Peculiar to plateau, akwa ibom and cross river
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Christistruth03: 3:42am On Nov 09, 2023
I know there is mount Fuji in Japan and it was definitely not named that by any Yoruba Man
and I also know that the Ijebus are not the Jebusites of the Bible who were the Original inhabitants of Jerusalem
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by earnfromcrypto: 4:26am On Nov 09, 2023
Wow

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Originalsly: 4:27am On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:

It’s amazing.

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Catapault: 5:18am On Nov 09, 2023
iyblaq:

Stop spreading misinformation, there is nothing like ikot Anyang in CRS. Cross River state have more than 15 different languages, none of them sounds like Chinese.

Ikot Anyang is in Akwa Ibom state.

https://www.mindat.org/feature-2338155.html

I know you can't afford the data to watch the video, which is why you are typing ignorant, illiterate garbage off the top of your head.

Efik and Ibibio sound very 'Asian' to the ear, even in basic comparative analysis.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by KosiGee(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:

I know you can't afford the data to watch the video, which is why you are typing ignorant, illiterate garbage off the top of your head.

Efik and Ibibio sound very 'Asian' to the ear, even in basic comparative analysis.

I’m interested in knowing why you create multiple threads like this under different monikers.

Your reputation precedes you and like they say, a leopard never changes its spots. You try so hard but you break character all the time. You’ll never make a good spy.
Somebody here knows your identity offline.

Sometimes I’m surprised that you claim to be from a particular part of Nigeria yet you attack and speak ill of them. It defeats everything that you stand for and advocate for. If an African speak ill of Africa, you’d use words like Oaf to describe the person. If Nri people claim to have Jewish ancestry, you’d be one of the people to attack them of having inferiority complex.

You are too old for this game sir.

Rossikki, Rosimkol

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Makamatic: 6:58am On Nov 09, 2023
Hiss away... Nonsense thread , rubbish
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Blue3k(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
KosiGee:

You are too old for this game, sir.

Rossikki, Rosimkol

He is not interested in arguing with actual linguistic professors at a university. My mothers friend was a linguistic professor, so I know there's plenty of people who would be interested to hear his arguments. The truth is that he's sensitive to the slightest criticism and doesn't have the means to defend his position.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Dancebreaker: 3:51am On Nov 10, 2023
Wow!
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by iyblaq(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2023
Catapault:

You sound more foolish, from your write-up you claimed that there's ikot Anyang in CRS, I refuted it, you now shifted it to Akwa Ibom state .
You don't know that there is a tribe in Cameroon called Anyang? People there also answer it as a name https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10360/CM
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by RedboneSmith(m): 10:52am On Nov 11, 2023
Stop playing. Nigerians don’t have Chinese names and language systems.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by superclosestool: 2:42am On Nov 23, 2023
AnYangu(安阳)was first called NingXinZhong(宁新中) in the records, and the name was changed after the Qin army conquered NingXinZhong .
Nigeria is Nigeria, there is no need to be anyone else.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Rossikk(m): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
KosiGee:

I’m interested in knowing why you create multiple threads like this under different monikers.

Your reputation precedes you and like they say, a leopard never changes its spots. You try so hard but you break character all the time. You’ll never make a good spy.
Somebody here knows your identity offline.

Sometimes I’m surprised that you claim to be from a particular part of Nigeria yet you attack and speak ill of them. It defeats everything that you stand for and advocate for. If an African speak ill of Africa, you’d use words like Oaf to describe the person. If Nri people claim to have Jewish ancestry, you’d be one of the people to attack them of having inferiority complex.

You are too old for this game sir.

Rossikki, Rosimkol

You are very stupid, you asshole.

Go threaten your bastard father there.

Somebody posts a thread and you start saying you know who they are offline?

Go fck your mother there, bastard you.
Re: Why Are There Nigerians With Chinese Names And Language Systems? by Rossikk(m): 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
RedboneSmith:
Stop playing. Nigerians don’t have Chinese names and language systems.

Shut your dirty lips or watch the video and use your fcking brain, you dunce.

Brainwashed asswipes.

Look at a video that’s received thousands of likes from across the world while you empty-headed moro.ns and pea brains are here typing garbage.

If you feel too inferior to imagine a history grander than your colonial brainwashing, go see your blasted therapists.

Idiots.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Ethical Is Aborting Foetuses Diagnosed With Abnormalities? / To My Yoruba Nairalanders / The History Of Olukere And The Ogoga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.