Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh (9274 Views)

Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election / Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Nnamani (LP), Affirms Apga's Ikwechegh / Tribunal Sacks LP's Ngozi Okolie, Returns PDP's Ndudi Elumelu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by fergie001: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
The Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos has okayed the tribunal sacking of Labour Party's Emeka Nnamani, and re-affirmed APGA's Alex Ifeanyi Mascot Ikwechegh as the member representing Abia North/Aba South Federal Constituency.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on February 28, declared LP's Nnamani winner with 35502 votes against APGA's Ikwechegh and incumbent, PDP's Chimaobi Ebisike who scored 22,465 and 13388 votes respectively.

Dissatisfied with the outcome, Ikwechegh, Ebisike and their parties approached the tribunal. Whilst the PDP & Ebisike hinged their Petitions on the membership of Nnamani as well as suppressed votes, Ikwechegh & APGA had challenged the academic qualifications of the declared winner.

On Monday, the Appeal Court dismissed the petitions of the PDP & Ebisike.

It can be recalled that Nnamani who originally hails from Enugu State but resides in Aba, had contested the PDP Primaries for House of Assembly in Enugu and at the same time another Abia House of Assembly seat under the APGA in 2015.

In 2015, Having been elected to represent Aba North State Constituency under APGA in the Abia House of Assembly, he was dragged to the tribunal by Dr. Blessing Nwagba then of the PDP (and now 2023 APC Abia South Senatorial Candidate).

In October 2015, the Justice S. Yahuzu-led tribunal sacked Nnamani for not been a card-carrying member of APGA at the time and asked the Police to investigate his alleged forged Certificate from UNIPORT following a disclaimer by the then Registrar of the Institution that he (Nnamani) didn't graduate from the University of Port Harcourt.

The Appeal Court in December 2015 upheld his sack and allegedly banned him from future elections.

On 11th September 2023, owing to the decision by the Court in 2015, the Justice Adeyinka Adebayo Aderibigbe-led panel sacked Nnamani from the 10th Assembly and upheld the first runner-up, Ikwechegh.

Nnamani & the LP had challenged the tribunal decision before the Appeal Court, the final Court in these matters who unanimously dismissed the appeal.

The Appeal Court ordered INEC to immediately withdraw the Certificate issued to Nnamani and issue same to Ikwechegh as duly elected and returned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by helinues: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
grin cheesy

Big dissaray in LP . Sand castle house in shambling

Their little representatives are being sent back home for election fraud .

By %, Labour Party rigged more than Apc and Pdp

grin

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by slivertongue: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
certificate forgery. Tinubu's mate

10 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by netpro(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
LP's rigging in the last election was monumental. Combining intimidation, forgery, noncompliance to electoral laws, suppression, killings and more.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by ecolime(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
All the lies and falsehoods packaged by Labour Party keep collapsing daily.

It's a shame people like myself and many others actually fell for their deception. *Never again*

We were naive and they took advantage of our quest for good governance.

Till date, I still feel used, violated and discombobulated. Those bastards raped my innocence I swear.

Thank you Lord for opening my eyes.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Tjra: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
LP is a very funny party

They complained of rigging in Northern states where they have zero presence but are quiet about the humongous fraud they perpetuated in the South East.

Thanks to the judiciary for saving our democracy.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Indispensable85(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dem wan finish LP members

12 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by bigdammyj: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
Noted.

2 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Oloripelebe: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Dbestbrest: 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
Those who live in a glass house don't throw stone

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Menclothing: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
Apga defeat Lp ?
Ok

5 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Agricmoney(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
Politics. Becoming the minister of agriculture is on my bucket list.Agricultural sector and sustainability in Nigeria has to be taken with utmost importance.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Hotice085: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
Sack all LP they are criminals and hypocrite, just imagine Peter Obi telling us that the Luxurious cars by senators and Reps LP members wants to use it for official use
Criminals

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Blitzerz: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
Apc and judiciary doesnt know when to press stop

3 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by HEBEI: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
I don't know why some people are making it to appear as if every LP candidate is a saint and the right person for the job shocked

Me, I don't support parties because PDP is APC and LP is PDP. They are the same smelling cults of embezzlers and bloody politicians.

I support candidates irrespective of their political parties.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Reelmii: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
Elupeee -75.. grin grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Noneroone(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
netpro:
LP's rigging in the last election was monumental. Combining intimidation, forgery, noncompliance to electoral laws, suppression, killings and more.
did you read beyond the caption?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Emmexguy123: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
I'm still wondering what kind of useless election INEC conducted.

Despite all the professors, University VCs and lecturers.

What is really wrong with Nigeria and everything there in ?

1 Like

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by favor914: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
Blitzerz:
Apc and judiciary doesnt know when to press stop
When did APC turn to Apga, or you never chop today, so dizziness they worry you?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by sirjoggy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by justking(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Okay
Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by favor914: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Emmexguy123:
I'm still wondering what kind of useless election INEC conducted.
As useless as The desperado Labor Party’s selection process to choose their candidates, all thanks to the Apga Judas Gringory Obi.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by SavageResponse(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
favor914:
As useless as The desperado Labor Party’s selection process to choose their candidates.

You took the words right out of my mouth, apart from Peter Obi and a few other most of the candidates Labour Party presented were absolute rubbish!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by omenka(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
By the time the Law is done with EluuPee, the useless party will be transformed into an Agulu market women local meeting.

😅😅

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by inoki247: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by JAPAHTML: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
favor914:
Your Papa get University Certificate? Can you swear on that, do you have university certification, can you swear on that also?
You wey get am wey ur sense dey?

3 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by slivertongue: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
favor914:
Your Papa get University Certificate? Can you swear on that, do you have university certification, can you swear on that also?

my NYSC certificate is decades old. Sure Dad led the way. Proud of Dad
Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by favor914: 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
JAPAHTML:
You wey get am wey ur sense dey?
It is best I ignore a clueless thing that calls itself Japa Html.

3 Likes

Re: Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh by Dittodat: 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
HELL U PEE IPOB terrorist party is full of fraudsters and Conman just like their leader pandora pathological liar, religious war Agulu fraudster Obi.
They are getting sacked left and right for one fraud or another.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASAA Denies Rejecting Political Advertisements / Deep In Debt: Worries Over Nigeria’s Borrowing Spree / PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.