Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack (26725 Views)

President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy / Claire Ireland Apologizes Over EndSARS Protests Tweet / Governor Uzodinma Gifts Innoson Motors To Head Of Service, Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by OlujobaSamuel: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2023
U dey ment.
The apology should be written and signed.
NLC president no tell you sey e dey come your state? Why should he? Is he coming to visit you as the gov or what?
This is not an apology biko, I guess he is worried because no one at Fed is talking about it, so confused if the FG is on his side or not.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by AbuTwins: 10:22am On Nov 10, 2023
matm:

He should have cleared workers salaries.When u are owing workers, u will definitely issues.

How many months is he owing?
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by MadamExcellency: 10:31am On Nov 10, 2023
Cmanforall:

I've wondered same

I read that
he increased the State minimum wage
He pays 13th month salary
He provided free workers' buses

All these do not satisfy the Labour?

I hope the next governors will treat them better

It seems he's been treating the civil servants well compared to other States.
From what I gathered, he weeded out ghost workers, and that didn't go well with top civil servants that benefit excessively from that.
Also, he weeded out some fraudulent top civil servants who keep falsifying their actual ages to remain in civil service. For example, those who got their FSLC(Standard 6) /WAEC at the age of 2, 5 or at unbelievable ages. These groups have loyalists within the civil service, and so they show hatred toward him.
Why there unemployed qualified youths, some people make it difficult for vacancies to open within the civil service

Can you please stop hearing and taking future tenses and promises as work done? Most of those promises are only for the news media and never officially gazetted.

The NLC President was in Imo State for a protest to register workers' grievances for non-payment of five months' salary and retrenchment of workers. He wasn't there as an opposition politician but the governor's killer squad then showed themselves for what they were paid to do.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by MrEverest(m): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2023
If this rogue returns as governor due to mago mago, then democracy will be finally buried in Nigeria. There is no way one can this unpopular and hated yet end up emerging as winner.

You need to be in Imo State to see how much this man is hated by the people. Yet they're saying he is likely to win. What manner of democracy are we practicing in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by chidiokay: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2023
9jaBloke:
Politics!
You may not agree with everything NLC does but a physical assault on an NLC president is a slap on the faces of all Nigerian workers and a dangerous precedence.

A verbal apology won't cut it. The people involved need to be held responsible and brought to book.

That is for a Genuine NLC president, not someone like Ajaero that have disappointed Nigerian at every time the nations need NLC.

Do you know how many strikes that idiot Ajaero as cancelled on Nigerians when people were ready to demand for a change.

Imagine Ajaero was assaulted yle he was protesting over Naira redesign, fuel scarcity or subsidy removal ... imagine what Nigerians would have done to support him But No that idiot always back out.

What happened to Ajaero in one day is the reality of Nigerians everyday, what as his office has done, if they can't fight for Us why should We fight for them
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Chemlite: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2023
AbuTwins:
I don't know why the labour people always demonise this man!
There's nothing he does that will satisfy them!

Foot soldier spotted!

I believe if such beating were given to you or your father, you'll accept such apology!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by chidiokay: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2023
TruthsFM:
This clueless wicked governor only apologised cos’ of the tomorrow’s governorship election. His apology is unacceptable. Uzodinma is a wicked set of governor. Uzodinma the will be heavily disgrace in tomorrow’s governorship election. The workers, APC bigwigs, the masses will work against him in tomorrow’s election 🗳. How many polling units will his thugs supervise in tomorrow’s election 🗳. Uzodinma is a goner joor

As NLC under Ajaero being good to Nigeria, if Uzodinma is wicked is Ajaero good for Nigerians.

The same Ajaero that couldnt shut down Nigeria when people were suffering cash redesign and subsidy removal suddenly found energy when it is imo state and LP stand to be the beneficiary if APC lose

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Love56743: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2023
People are blind to see something about this Lp, Lp are helping Apc to win election but people don't know, Pdp could have beaten Apc in this last presidential election because of Lp pdp vote was scattered in the south south and south east, pdp will win imo State tommorow because of Lp
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by AbuTwins: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2023
Chemlite:

Foot soldier spotted!

I believe if such beating were given to you or your father, you'll accept such apology!

I or my father won't be partisan as he has been!
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Chemlite: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2023
AbuTwins:
I or my father won't be partisan as he has been!

Partisan for demand good governance?
Partisan for protesting against the ill treatment of Imo civil servant?
The Oppressor you support today will become your Oppressor tomorrow.
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Cmanforall: 11:33am On Nov 10, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Can you please stop hearing and taking future tenses and promises as work done? Most of those promises are only for the news media and never officially gazetted.

The NLC President was in Imo State for a protest to register workers' grievances for non-payment of five months' salary and retrenchment of workers. He wasn't there as an opposition politician but the governor's killer squad then showed themselves for what they were paid to do.

Those are ghost workers, loyalists to corrupt top civil servants, people recruited through the back door. That was why another section of civil servants were countering the NLC protest. If you want a better Nigeria, and your state to be better, civil service needs to be sanitised. How can you have a director who should have retired but always cutting down his/her age, and illegally recruiting people after collecting bribes from them. Those are workers that are angry with the governor.
And yes, I confirmed from Imo civil servants that the governor pays them 13th month salary and he added
money to their salaries.
We will be here to laugh at the Imo civil servants when another governor comes on board. Some humans can be ungrateful, and you are one of them.
I don't care what happens in your state. I'll follow the outcome of the election

PS: check it, in 2022... it says 'again', meaning he has been doing that

After reading somethings about the LP candidate, I just pity Imo people if that guy should be your governor. LP just sold their ticket to the highest bidder who happened to be a former APC member

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Ikinternational: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2023
Sakobaba:
*FOR SALE: COMMERCIAL LAND SITUATED ALONG IDIMU ROAD, EGBEDA, ALOMOSHO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, LAGOS*

Land Size: 3,800 Square Metres (6& half plot)

_*SUITABILITY*_

_■Event Centre_
_■School_
_■Hotel_
_■Mini Estate_
_■Shopping Mall_
_■Gas Station_

Land Title: C. of O

Price: N330Million. For details and inquiry. WhatsApp: zero nine zero one four four five nine eight zero six

Which garri drinker for here get 330m

Don't worry, at last igbo man will still settle you

You insult publicly Cajole privately
You know the vibes
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by NOwazobia: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
They shouldn't let it slide oooo...
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Juoflife1(f): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2023
Hahaha. No flights to IMO till after elections...
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by sajiwere(m): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
the very day our election is elevated to using card reader plus electronic voting, upload to irev portal from voting centre to central: our politicians, thugs, fake prophets dubious INEC staffs and unguided SUPREME Court judges will be retired!

quote author=Poisonousman post=126888027]

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/10/i-cant-wish-this-to-happen-to-anybody-gov-uzodinma-finally-apologises-to-nlc-president/
[/quote]
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by perryy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
aylive02:
angry

Oloriburuku!
It is too late for you now.

Supreme court is there for him, no shaking

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by simplesearch: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2023
NLC if undivided are actually the most powerful single institution in Nigeria. When I read what was done to the NLC President in IMO state, I immediately knew there'll be terrible consequences for such irrational behavior, whosoever is involve in it.
If not for corruption that weakens institution like this, any government at the mention of their name should shiver and tremble.
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Ikinternational: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sakobaba:
bro, I am not a tribalistic fellow. Am a business person. Got no time for hate. I have all tribes as my client.

I was being Sarcastic...
I believe you 100%

That's normally how it goes

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
Love56743:
People are blind to see something about this Lp, Lp are helping Apc to win election but people don't know, Pdp could have beaten Apc in this last presidential election because of Lp pdp vote was scattered in the south south and south east, pdp will win imo State tommorow because of Lp
I can only wish so. That PDP wins tomorrow.
But APC is the incumbent and can hugely influence electoral malpractice in its favor.

Furthermore, I agree with what you said that Labour Party had help APC to win most positions in various states, owing to scattered votes. Wish they could come to some kind of unanimous consensus to merger with the PDP. But it is unlikely to happen. Each wants its own glory and fame.
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by REGINALD001(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2023
lavylilly:
grin
If he wins the election, I will join the seminary to become a sister.

VIRGINIA

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
Na now u dey apologise angry
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by malaria(f): 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
UptownVibes:
You're right. Votes doesn't count. So there is no need wasting time on voting .. They should just put who they want there and spare us these noise of inec this and nlc president that. Do have a beautiful day ahead

Election wey dey don conduct finish , the fight is about who rig pass .after shutting down airport does it prevent money to be shared at midnight? Las las na the poor masses dey suffer abeg. Anyways I know everyone is wiser now .trust me of care is not taken people will go about their normal businesses tomorrow .except for few main roads that are in town .

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by AbuTwins: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Chemlite:

Partisan for demand good governance?

Partisan for protesting against the ill treatment of Imo civil servant?

The Oppressor you support today will become your Oppressor tomorrow.

Yes, partisan!
Demanding good governance is having a LP office in NLC HQ and using NLC structure for LP campaigns?

I think he'll will be either running for a position later or closely supporting one of his brother against the incumbent!
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Dshocker(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
judecares1:
Mr Supreme court governor or cant remember what most Nigerians do call you grin grin grin, your citizens are protesting simply because they are requesting for what lawfully belongs to them, this event happened last week but you waited a day to your rerun election to apologize. This act shows lack of commitment to your office as the 1st citizen of imo state.

Let the imo state citizens decide if they still want you or not.

If you can show lack of commitment by governing imo state from Abuja according to some online report during his 1st tenure, what will happen if he will be reelected?

Lets vote wisely

Vote or no vote, APC will still rig him in, just as they rigged Tinubu in as president

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Dshocker(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
Orubebe01:
Supreme court governor, the fear of been defeated wototociously has reset your brain, but it's already late.

Apology not accepted sir

Vote or no vote, APC will still rig him in, just as they rigged Tinubu in as president
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
Supreme court governor knows his time is up in the government house but his apologies won't avail him anything.
Tomorrow he is leaving the seat.
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by asobo1: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2023
Orubebe01:
Supreme court governor, the fear of been defeated wototociously has reset your brain, but it's already late.

Apology not accepted sir
Let me save this.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by Smarteo: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2023
Inasmuch as Hope remains the APC flag bearer in the gubernatorial race, he must be declared winner and order others to go to court.
Don't forget that all the members of the JUDICIARY & INEC were elected by APC.

NIGERIA HAS A FUNNY POLITICAL STRUCTURE.
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by doneback04: 12:54am On Nov 11, 2023
judecares1:
Mr Supreme court governor or cant remember what most Nigerians do call you grin grin grin, your citizens are protesting simply because they are requesting for what lawfully belongs to them, this event happened last week but you waited a day to your rerun election to apologize. This act shows lack of commitment to your office as the 1st citizen of imo state.

Let the imo state citizens decide if they still want you or not.

If you can show lack of commitment by governing imo state from Abuja according to some online report during his 1st tenure, what will happen if he will be reelected?

Lets vote wisely

I don't have hope on inec he has already settled iNec for his victory tomorrow
Re: Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack by kalu61(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
lavylilly:
grin
If he wins the election, I will join the seminary to become a sister.
I will be waiting ...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chief Awolowo Released From Calabar Prison, 3rd August,1966.(photo) / Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police / Police Tackle Presidency, Say IG Has No Query To Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.