Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye (1378 Views)

I Fasted 31 Days Dry, My Encounter With 666, 999, The Secret Books Of Satan. / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo / Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by nlparrot: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iajqa7nApMw?si=nQJ2yhkCLy9t2Ea1

Pastor Adeboye, the revered pastor of Redeemed Christian Church, made an unexpected discovery at a recent sermon. He reported the incredible achievement of fasting for almost 40 days and nights when he was only 80 years old at the age of 81.

Source: Instablog9ja IG

Nlfpmod, Mynd44

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by nlparrot: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
During his talk to his congregation, he disclosed that many individuals had discouraged him about it. They had warned him that he was far too elderly to be fasting, potentially for fear of developing a health problem.

They had even told him that if he opted not to fast, God would entirely understand.

Pastor Adeboye, on the other hand, had remained steadfast, propelled by a genuine conviction about the spiritual value of his fast.

He had intended to fast for only 10 days and see how it went, but he outlasted his initial plan.

During this time, he claimed that he suffered from leg problems, prompting him to switch to an armchair for teaching and preaching two years ago.

However, in his most recent sermon, he proudly displayed his restored health, standing erect in front of the congregation.

Pastor Adeboye emphasised in his message that fasting is not limited by age but rather by spiritual intent. He encouraged believers of all ages to fast when they felt spiritually impelled to do so.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by mariovito(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mike Ejeagha
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by nlparrot: 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
What is the highest number of Days You've ever Fasted For?

Drop Comments Below 👇
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by AbuTwins: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2023
Who say make Una fast 40?
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by nlparrot: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2023
AbuTwins:
Who say make Una fast 40?

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2023
nlparrot:

Is it right for a Christian to disclose how long he has been fasting so as to seem righteous in the eyes of others?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by judedwriter(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2023
Michael547:

Is it right for a Christian to disclose how long he has been fasting so as to seem righteous in the eyes of others?

Jesus warned us against broadcasting our fasting but keep it private.

However, we must educate ourselves on the importance of fasting exactly like papa adeboye did above.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by AbuTwins: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2023
nlparrot:

Maybe 30!
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by nlparrot: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
judedwriter:

However, we must educate ourselves on the importance of fasting exactly like papa adeboye did above.

Exactly, sharing might be us inspiring each other too. God keep helping us
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by nlparrot: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
AbuTwins:

Maybe 30!

Wooah😳
More auction to function sir🙏
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
judedwriter:

So what is the moral lesson or importance of fasting in a Christian life that i should motivate others to do so and not keep it private?
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by judedwriter(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Michael547:

So what is the moral lesson or importance of fasting in a Christian life that i should motivate others to do so and not keep it private?

Too many to enumerate.

But most importantly:

◾Without adding fasting to prayers, certain things can't happen spiritually.

This is why many Christians remain stagnated in life for so many years, some till they die.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
judedwriter:

Too many to enumerate.

But most importantly:

◾Without adding fasting to prayers, certain things can't happen spiritually.

This is why many Christians remain stagnated in life for so many years, some till they die.
Where does the Bible say that without fasting, some prayers cannot be answered? And is it proper for a pastor to tell others to fast and for how long? Shouldn't fasting be a personal and private decision?
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by judedwriter(m): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
Michael547:

Where does the Bible say that without fasting, some prayers cannot be answered? And is it proper for a pastor to tell others to fast and for how long? Shouldn't fasting be a personal and private decision?

Mark 9 verse 29

Fasting is both a personal and communal spiritual exercise. If a church is fasting for spiritual results, it's not wrong for a pastor to tell his members to fast for so such a time.

Fasting only becomes hypocritical when you do it to deliberately show people how spiritually strong you are.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
judedwriter:

Mark 9 verse 29

Fasting is both a personal and communal spiritual exercise. If a church is fasting for spiritual results, it's not wrong for a pastor to tell his members to fast for so such a time.

Fasting only becomes hypocritical when you do it to deliberately show people how spiritually strong you are.
1)What are examples of spiritual results that one must fast to get?
Where in the bible did the early church hold communial fasting that was brought upon them by the apostles?

2) Is the pastor not trying to prove that he is spiritual strong by telling them for how long he fasted despite His age? What's the point of such information if it is not intended to show off?

3)below is a screenshot of Mark 9:29 in other versions of the Bible. Nowhere is fasting added to prayer in that verse. The word 'fasting' in that verse of the king James version has not been found in older manuscripts of the Bible, that is why many Bible versions do not include it in that verse.

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
nlparrot:
■ What is the highest number of Days You've ever Fasted For?
There are many out there who have fasted (starvation-diets) for many years abeg! This man's claim no fit compare at all to what many nonbelievers have done o'jare! undecided
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
nlparrot:
■ Wooah😳
More auction to function sir🙏
I remember fasting (starvation-diet kind) for over 1-year at a point in my life. I was really determined to shed all those extra pounds, mind you. undecided
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by judedwriter(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
Michael547:

1)What are examples of spiritual results that one must fast to get?
Where in the bible did the early church hold communial fasting that was brought upon them by the apostles?

2) Is the pastor not trying to prove that he is spiritual strong by telling them for how long he fasted despite His age? What's the point of such information if it is not intended to show off?

3)below is a screenshot of Mark 9:29 in other versions of the Bible. Nowhere is fasting added to prayer in that verse. The word 'fasting' in that verse of the king James version has not been found in older manuscripts of the Bible, that is why many Bible versions do not include it in that verse.

Lol.....

Don't you read the Bible?

There are so many spiritual results that follow fasting in the Bible.

Moses fasted 40 days and spoke face to face with God. As a result his face shone.

Esther and the Jewish people fasted and were miraculously delivered from genocide and their enemies.

Jesus fasted and extraordinary miracles followed his ministry. Etc.

Even in pastor adeboye's ministry, fasting is the power force behind many of the miraculous in his services, that's why he talks about it.

The KJV is authorized. Believe it.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2023
judedwriter:

Lol.....

Moses fasted 40 days and spoke face to face with God. As a result his face shone.

Esther and the Jewish people fasted and were miraculously delivered from genocide and their enemies.

Even in pastor adeboye's ministry, fasting is the power force behind many of the miraculous in his services, that's why he talks about it.

Oga I am referring to Christians and not the isrealites.
Where did Jesus command fasting and also said you should go about telling people how you fasted and for how long?

2) so other Bible versions that we have are not authorized abi? After I have exposed your teaching with at least five different versions of the Bible, you are talking about authorization. So you know more than the five translating committees that exempted fasting in that verses.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by judedwriter(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2023
grin
Michael547:

Oga I am referring to Christians and not the isrealites.
Where did Jesus command fasting and also said you should go about telling people how you fasted and for how long?

2) so other Bible versions that we have are not authorized abi? After I have exposed your teaching with at least five different versions of the Bible, you are talking about authorization. So you know more than the five translating committees that exempted fasting in that verses.

Jesus never commanded fasting, but He said implicitly in his teachings that fasting isn't an option for his disciples.

Mark 9v 29, and Matthew 17 v21 lacks fasting in some translations because of typology errors.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
judedwriter:
grin

Jesus never commanded fasting, but He said implicitly in his teachings that fasting isn't an option for his disciples.

Mark 9v 29, and Matthew 17 v21 lacks fasting in some translations because of typology errors.

What do you mean by typology errors?
To the extent that five translation committees cannot detect the same error?

2) since fasting isn't an option, when and for how long did Jesus say an individual Christian should fast?
Where in the bible Did Jesus give pastors the authority to declare fasting for his disciples?
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by judedwriter(m): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2023
Michael547:

What do you mean by typology errors?
To the extent that five translation committees cannot detect the same error?

2) since fasting isn't an option, when and for how long did Jesus say an individual Christian should fast?
Where in the bible Did Jesus give pastors the authority to declare fasting for his disciples?

You are questioning me the way they interrogate terrorists grin

Abeg e don do.

I have said the truth, if you refuse to believe me, it's your cup of hot milo.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
judedwriter:

You are questioning me the way they interrogate terrorists grin

Abeg e don do.

I have said the truth, if you refuse to believe me, it's your cup of hot milo.
You have not said the truth obviously....you are siding with a man who you know clearly has broken the principles pertaining to fasting as a Christian. But because he is a rich pastor, we must twist the Bible to support him.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by AyobamiIsaac12: 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
Michael547:

You have not said the truth obviously....you are siding with a man who you know clearly has broken the principles pertaining to fasting as a Christian. But because he is a rich pastor, we must twist the Bible to support him.
He has said the truth numerous times but you don't want to accept it.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
That man has never told you the truth at all, even regarding the subject of fasting. undecided

By the way, I hope you are not deluded enough to believe that by claiming he fasted 40 days, the man somehow meant he went without food and water for 40 whole days. If you believe this to be the case, then, my friend, you need serious help. You man instead went on a diet for 40 days... low calorie or deferred feeding for each of those 40 days is all. undecided
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
judedwriter:

Lol.....

How can Moses speak face to face when it was recorded nobody has ever seen Hod.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by AyobamiIsaac12: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That man has never told you the truth at all, even regarding the subject of fasting. undecided

By the way, I hope you are not deluded enough to believe that by claiming he fasted 40 days, the man somehow meant he went without food and water for 40 whole days. If you believe this to be the case, then, my friend, you need serious help. You man instead went on a diet for 40 days... low calorie or deferred feeding for each of those 40 days is all. undecided
Believe it or not, he stated the truth.
I don't know if he went on 40 days dry fasting and prayer or not, only God knows. But I don't think it was dry considering his age.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
Believe it or not, he stated the truth.
I don't know if he went on 40 days dry fasting and prayer or not, only God knows. But I don't think it was dry considering his age.
1. I am sorry but none of what He claimed matches the Truth of God as declared in Scripture. undecided

2. That is not true either. No human being can survive a fast of over 11 days — no food and water. Your man there is a mere mortal, sorry! undecided
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by Michael547(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
What truth has he said? That it is right for a pastor to come out openly and start telling how he fasted and for how long? Something that was supposed to be a private matter between him and God. Is that what Jesus taught?
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by AyobamiIsaac12: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
Michael547:

What truth has he said? That it is right for a pastor to come out openly and start telling how he fasted and for how long? Something that was supposed to be a private matter between him and God. Is that what Jesus taught?
This depends on the intent of the person sharing his fasting experience. Some say this to encourage their fellow brethren to fast and some, to brag.
Re: Why I Fasted For Over 40 Days At Age 80 - Pastor EA Adeboye by AyobamiIsaac12: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am sorry but none of what He claimed matches the Truth of God as declared in Scripture. undecided undecided

2. That is not true either. No human being can survive a fast of over 11 days — no food and water. Your man there is a mere mortal, sorry! undecided

But Jesus and his disciples fasted while they were on earth. Why then do you think we are exempted. Was it not the same Jesus that said this kind goeth not except by fasting
I didn't say he fasted without eating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity And Polygamy / Virgin Mary: Why Did God Choose Her? / Why Are There So Many Churches And Yet So Much Wickedness And Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.