Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Tech Journey - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tech Journey (202 Views)

All From My Tech Channel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2023
As at the beginning of last year after my nysc, i was in search of a job very seriously,got in contact with family and friends to help me find one all to no avail. I was very devastated although i expected it to be though due to how oversaturated the job market was but i was unhappy non the less.

My cousin who lives abroad introduced me to tech since it was what helped him get out of the country too and its what he's still doing at the moment. Told me to choose which part of tech i would love to do and i chose uiux,He paid for my courses and also for a mentor to help me through the whole learning process. Took a while to get a grasp of it ( 2months or so), started learning and practiced for some months and started designing very well after some time.

Started to get my case study and portfolio in order and yh it wasn't that good but i tried at least. Continued to design and also send proposals for freelance jobs and after many months of doing that i finally got a freelance job from a site which was suppose to last for about 3 months, paid about $500. I was more happy than someone who won a lottery. Included the experience in my cv and continued to bid for jobs, got some for up to $700 and some for less.

I am actually not where i am suppose to be but I'm getting there and happy for myself. Not been easy getting a full time job especially a remote type.most of them get more than 200+ applications and want the best of the best.

Would really appreciate advice and contribution especially on getting a full time job.

4 Likes

Re: My Tech Journey by techtalk123: 5:48pm On Jan 13
Fantastic blog! The piece on the intersection of technology and art was thought-provoking. It's great to see a tech blog exploring the creative aspects of innovation. www.hightechexblog.jo

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Bliss: Note 40 Series! Get Ready For New Delights And Cutting-edge Tech / New Airtel Mifi Set-up Problem / S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.