Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure (866 Views)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Molokhia Soup: How Arabs Make Ewedu Soup (Pictures, Video) / Where To Eat Amala And Ewedu In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by AlexBells(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
The Amala and Ewedu trend is here, in fact I put a call across to the organisers before making this post and one thing I can assure is that AlaIgbo is not insecure. It is only an insecure people that should be moved by such trivial thing as eating the food of our neighbours some of whom has lived with us as family and friends.

The Igbo nation is arguably the greatest tribe in Africa and we should not be bothered to pay anybody back in their coin especially with things as peaceful as food, that would be a display of insecurity. Some of our people were born and raised in Yorubaland, it is our duty to ensure that they get that taste of nostalgia without any form of intimidation.

For our Yoruba friends who have lived peacefully among us and contributed positively to the growth of AlaIgbo, we shall turn up in solidarity and we can assure everyone that everything would be under control that day.

AlaIgbo would be the melting pot of culture and we expect that some day we could celebrate European culture here as much as our culture is celebrated all over the world, how much more a West African and Nigerian culture.

The Yorubas remains one of the group that the Igbos have interacted much with, although we have series of political differences, that sort of things shouldn't be allowed to get inbetween harmless cultural and cuisine exchange.

Having said that, everything being equal, we shall turn up for our people who feel nostalgic about eating the food of the Yorubas, we shall also turn up for our Yoruba friends who have lived with us over time. We wish it becomes a beautiful celebration of cultural exchange in advance.

3 Likes

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by successmatters(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2023
Wish I was around the country now, I will come down there and chop enough amala and make more friends. Those coming with hate in their minds will be disappointed. grin

2 Likes

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by AlexBells(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
successmatters:
Wish I was around the country now, I will come down there and chop enough amala and make more friends. Those coming with hate in their minds will be disappointed. grin
I think it should happen yearly, so if you are not around this year, maybe next.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by successmatters(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
AlexBells:

I think it should happen yearly, so if you are not around this year, maybe next.

Yes, let them bring better food, we will chop and pay for it.

1 Like

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Bendeco2020: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
Igbos are not insecure like them. If it were to be Igbo festival scheduled to hold in Lagos, you will see them crying all over internets like babies.

Igbo na their papa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by AlexBells(m): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:
Igbos are not insecure like them. If it were to be Igbo festival scheduled to hold in Lagos, you will see them crying all over internets like babies.

Igbo na their papa
Forget those ones lol, they will be crying like babies. My own matter be say make the Amala sweet, and let them know say na Igbo people them dey cook am for, so they got to take it easy with pepper lol

1 Like

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by successmatters(m): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Igbo na their papa

If you try to hold "akpu and ofe Nsala" hangout in Lagos, the second civil war will break out there, by now they will be chasing igbos to leave Lagos because they want to use Akpu and steal Lagos grin

8 Likes

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by GeeMeshin1(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Of all the challenges facing Nigerian youths right now...anyway, what do I know?
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by chopnaira: 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Igbo na their papa
There is an Igbo Eze in almost every small town in Lagos.

At the bolded. That was in Port Harcourt. You are mixing things up in your head.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Kafirbigot: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2023
cool
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Bendeco2020: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2023
chopnaira:

There is an Igbo Eze in almost every small town in Lagos.

At the bolded. That was in Port Harcourt. You are mixing things up in your head.
But I thought that Igbo land is war zone currently?

Who holds festival in a war zone?

Propaganda doesn't pay

3 Likes

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Raskimonojendor: 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:

But I thought that Igbo land is war zone currently?

Who holds festival in a war zone?

Propaganda doesn't pay
Goalpost shifting from If it were to be Igbo festival scheduled to hold in Lagos, you will see them crying all over internets like babies.

Hopefully, the event won't be held on a Monday.
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Bendeco2020: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Goalpost shifting.

Hopefully, the event won't be held on a Monday.
Are wars being fought only on Mondays?

1 Like

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Raskimonojendor: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Are wars being fought only on Mondays?
Let us ask those Igbos/ESN/UGM hunts down on Mondays. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by helinues: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
The event is almost 3 years old but the election loss brought out real sadness in some people

1 Like

Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by ElSudani: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Igbo na their papa

Go and organize akpu festival and see if anyone will even pay any attention to you.
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Evaloyal2J(f): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
ElSudani:

Go and organize akpu festival and see if anyone will even pay any attention to you.
In your mind you think any one will choose amala over akpu if the two re presented. akpu na your mate?
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by Anyaelisha(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2023
@AlexBells please message me at anyaelisha2@gmail.com. I couldn't send a dm. You are very intelligent and articulate. I am a fan!
Re: We Shall Turn Up For Amala And Ewedu In Enugu, AlaIgbo Is Not Insecure by AlexBells(m): 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2023
Anyaelisha:
@AlexBells please message me at anyaelisha2@gmail.com. I couldn't send a dm. You are very intelligent and articulate. I am a fan!
I really appreciate the compliment, I have mailed you.

(1) (Reply)

Information Needed On An Overview&market Analysis Of Resturant Business In Lagos / Maris Catering Services / For The Loving Woman Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.