Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,218 members, 7,849,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

Kwara State PDP Secretary: The Right Peg In The Right Hole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State PDP Secretary: The Right Peg In The Right Hole (123 Views)

Muiz Shodipe Is Dead! Lagos PDP Secretary Dies (Photo) / Ex-Governor Tired Of Senate, Aspires To Be APC National Secretary - The Nation / PDP Secretary Dies In Accident In Kogi (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Kwara State PDP Secretary: The Right Peg In The Right Hole by OlomoobaMahmud: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2023
It's not a coincidence that I'm in attendance for the prompt meeting called by the *Magaji Ngeri constituency's* *(Ilorin Central)* executives over the reconcilement moves by the Kwara state People Democratic party's state secretary, *Comr. Abdulrahman Abdullahi Kayode (Greatkay),* and the aforementioned Constituency on November 2nd, 2023, as a bonafide member of the beloved constituency 'Ilorin Central' and prominent members of our great party, PDP.

It's of this importance that I yielded to the dutiful call by our stakeholders to be a part of the meeting that was not just premised on Unity, and Cooperation within the party but creditably on how to drive the party forward.

Whereas, the issues that birthed the meeting is as exclusive as the party's affairs. To bring to light, that after undue resignation of former party's secretary, Alh Rasak Lawal, who happens to hail from Magaji Ngeri Constituency recently announced his defection to the ruling party, All Progressive Congress (APC), gave our constituency the notion to replace the former state secretary with more competent and loyal hands as the slot traditionally belong to the constituency following the order that constitutes the state executives, 'Congress' on October 26th, 2021.

It is within these ambit and moral justification that our prominent stakeholders and bona fide members, myself included reached a consensus to replace as well as complete the tenure and reign of former secretary, thereby, urge the state executives to return the secretaryship position to our folds which is, verily, a collective call.

However, PDP, as one big family in Kwara state under the indefatigable national leader, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki, and party's state chairman, Rt. Hon Babatunde Muhammed didn't hesitate to wield into dispute and bring down the murmurings, and appeal to every stakeholder to restore confidence in the party, to trust the system and state apparatus at large.

Eventually, Kwara State People Democratic Party, adopted *Comr. Abdulrahman Kayode popularly known as Greatkay* as its preferred choice of state secretary. Though, it's not about the Greatkay but the process that continually denied the Constituency its fair play whenever the needs arise and this, of course, steered dissatisfaction within the members of the Constituency.

Nonetheless, an engagement meeting which was recently held between the newly emerged party's secretary and my constituency ended in positive note gave me the privilege to know our state secretary and whom I have not thought is the man widely called Greatkay.

Absolutely, listening to the speech delivered by the new secretary changed my narratives about his ability to deliver the party in present situation and convincingly, aside that, he's a youth, cool headed, he is constructive, reserved and resourceful which ranks high amongst the top-notch attributes I noted about him that very day.

His wonderful presentation centered on Unity, Loyalty, Commitment, Cooperation and Aspersions was well put together which drew the attention of members in present, and his brilliant juxtaposition of present and past administration cannot be overlooked, this is where I thought to myself that Mr Greatkay really knows what our party is lacking thereof. Thus, pointed out what has to he done to build a strong opposition that is ready to challenge the maladministration of the ruling party led by governor Abdulrahman Abdulrasak.

His word and action showed that he's part and parcel of the PDP and Saraki's dynasties, who doesn't need further reintroduction or ready to compromise on any basis but rather that he is there to promote the integral objectives of the party in whatever circumstances.

In furtherance, as I listened closely to this gentleman talks, I observed many prowess possessed by Mr Greatkay. To start from, his power of oratory, calmness, character and confidence put him as right person the party needed at the helm of the party's confidentiality and adminstrative development.

Truth be told, People Democratic Party, Kwara state chapter convincingly made a right choice in adopting *Comr. Abdulrahman Abdullahi Kayode (Greatkay)* as its party secretary, it is undisputably a right peg in the right hole.

Below is the submission of my candid advice to the newly secretary in charge as the party begins her transformation process.

Formost, he must use his prowess to the advantages of the party for future sake, just as he should be ready to collaborate with other party executives. As a youth, he should also ready to engage and work hand in hand with the party's youths.

Moreso, he should advocate and prioritize the party's strategies and its core objectives. Similarly, his appeals on unity and cooperation must reflect in his traits and compositions in dealing with every party's members, stakeholders and other three senatorial district.

In order to trust the system, he must endeavor to strike balance amongst all organs of the party, charges the party and ensure the problem and solutions are approached through in-depth understanding of the culture, and interests of each axis that made-up Kwara PDP, with these his mandate will be fortified with the tone of praises from every tom and dick of the party.

With this, I use this moment to wish the newly appointed People Democratic Party secretary, state chapter, our amiable Greatkay a big congratulation and wish him tremendous success in a bid to move our party forward.

God bless PDP!
God bless ABS and
God bless Kwara state!!

*Mahmud Tajudeen Agaka* members of Magaji Ngeri Constituency (PDP) and political commentator writes from Ilorin.

Re: Kwara State PDP Secretary: The Right Peg In The Right Hole by Mynd44: 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2023

(1)

Emi Lokan: President Tinubu No Time To Waste Time / Obidients Push Support For Julius Abure To Continue As Labour Party Chairman / An Economy In Comatose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.