Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) (78889 Views)

Emefiele: 20 Banks Face Probe Over Forex Deals / About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / NDIC Shuts Down 42 Microfinance Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
Gboom:

That means you are just yesterday pikin.

These are those banks of yester years that cannot meet up with CBN capitalization fund and did not have merging partner to meet up the capitalization

Rock of ages... you join pple wen write Bible na...
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
CrownLands:

Hehehe! You be gen-Z
Most of these banks "went under" during HRM Sanusi's stint as CBN Gov.

No be only Gen Z... na zee world.
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Bankowner: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
Worrisome that those who didn't live or grow up in Lagos didn't have access to news and newspapers to know what was going on then.
Greyworld:

Any Akpu generation believes every one on nairaland lives or grew up in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
Vision101:
All these statements of "I have not heard of these banks" clearly shows that nairaland is populated by babies. No wonder they behave anyhow. Some of these banks were prime banks back then eg ICON Merchant bank. It was a subsidiary of NIDB (Nigerian Investment and Development Bank) owed by the federal government.

How much are you guys paying so that I'll tell you how things worked back then?

I lost quite some money in some of these banks. When money was money. I was an articled clerk (meaning trainee accountant) in accounting practice back then on 150 Broad street. My good friend Ms Patience Oniha (present DG Debt Management Office) was an investment analyst in ICON Merchant bank. She was always taking me out for lunch because she could pay with LV (luncheon voucher)

Yes we rolled back then with beautiful girls with brain not the present slay queens with nothing upstairs. We slept for years in the classroom in order to pass ICAN when ICAN was ICAN. grin grin

Now that you are old act it , Mr "back then", cause you are sounding like being young is a crime or/ and you were born old with out passing through the being young phase.

Moreover nobody is interested in knowing what girls you rolled with back in the days "Sir"
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2023
Bankowner:
Worrisome that those who didn't live or grow up in Lagos didn't have access to news and newspapers to know what was going on then.

Read your initial post and educate your self. While I can honestly say being old is good, sounding unreasonable and old is nauseating dont you think??
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Blackdisciple(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
Meaning all the Marchant banks are bleeped
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Vision101(m): 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
@DaddyJapan

O.G spotted.

We are an endangered cohort on Nairaland these days.

@me
Still young and rolling grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Vision101(m): 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2023
@Greyworld

Now that you are old act it , Mr "back then", cause you are sounding like being young is a crime.

@me
Being young is not a crime but our youthful days were more productive and we were more disciplined and more respectful. Even the way you wrote tells what I'm saying.

FYI I'm 58. Still very productive and mentor a lot of young people. It shows how we used our earlier days.
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by HRMK: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
Greyworld:
Is it just me that doesn't know any of those banks?

YOU ARE NEW IN THE COUNTRY!A J-J-C.........
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Cheeryfeet: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2023
Woodshot:
In the US you would hear names like; JPMorgan Chase
Citigroup
Wells Fargo & Co
U.S. Bancorp
PNC Financial Services
Truist Financial Corporation
Goldman Sachs ...

But these Nigerian banks names would make me not put my money there
Not true Bro. I had to go back and check out the names again after reading your comment. Names didn't sound off, the only difference is that the banks you mentioned had built brand over time while these ones have not. Simple. Zenith bank? Gtb? First bank? Any difference? No. They just built brand over time and became known. Those banks would have been great and we all would have had our money there.
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
Vision101:
@Greyworld

Now that you are old act it , Mr "back then", cause you are sounding like being young is a crime.

@me
Being young is not a crime but our youthful days were more productive and we were more disciplined and more respectful. Even the way you wrote tells what I'm saying.

FYI I'm 58. Still very productive and mentor a lot of young people. It shows how we used our earlier days.
The way I wrote is a response to what you said. I believe your children are part of this unproductive generation or are they 58 also??
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Vision101(m): 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
[quote author=Greyworld post=126917827]
The way I wrote is a response to what you said. I believe your children are part of this unproductive generation or are they 58 also??

@me
Even in an unproductive generation one can make an exception through discipline. 28 years, Msc engineering and married. Is this productive or not?
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by eroticecstasy: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
Equitoral Trust Bank isn't on the list, it was owned by Glo Edenuga. They're still owing me.
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by BennyDGreat: 12:45am On Nov 12, 2023
Vision101:
All these statements of "I have not heard of these banks" clearly shows that nairaland is populated by babies. No wonder they behave anyhow. Some of these banks were prime banks back then eg ICON Merchant bank. It was a subsidiary of NIDB (Nigerian Investment and Development Bank) owed by the federal government.

How much are you guys paying so that I'll tell you how things worked back then?

I lost quite some money in some of these banks. When money was money. I was an articled clerk (meaning trainee accountant) in accounting practice back then on 150 Broad street. My good friend Ms Patience Oniha (present DG Debt Management Office) was an investment analyst in ICON Merchant bank. She was always taking me out for lunch because she could pay with LV (luncheon voucher)

Yes we rolled back then with beautiful girls with brain not the present slay queens with nothing upstairs. We slept for years in the classroom in order to pass ICAN when ICAN was ICAN. grin grin

Honestly, in my opinion, Nigerian was solid back then even without much tech. Quality stuff

1 Like

Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2023
Good development!!!
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Bankowner: 9:35am On Nov 12, 2023
Saying someone is unreasonable and old for expressing concern about some people's inability to have access to news and information on things going on around them is a bit farfetched, or don't you think?
Greyworld:

Read your initial post and educate your self. While I can honestly say being old is good, sounding unreasonable and old is nauseating dont you think??
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 10:47am On Nov 12, 2023
Bankowner:
Saying someone is unreasonable and old for expressing concern about some people's inability to have access to news and information on things going on around them is a bit farfetched, or don't you think?
Saying someone is a baby because he doesn't know some banks that existed years ago is not just unreasonable but senseless don't you think
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by DaddyJapan(m): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
Vision101:
@DaddyJapan

O.G spotted.

We are an endangered cohort on Nairaland these days.

@me
Still young and rolling grin

As someone who feel exactly the same way, I know what you mean. grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Bankowner: 5:52am On Nov 13, 2023
Now I know where your problem lies. In your myopic mind, Indomie generation are "babies". Your word, not mine.
Greyworld:

Saying someone is a baby because he doesn't know some banks that existed years ago is not just unreasonable but senseless don't you think
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2023
Bankowner:
Now I know where your problem lies. In your myopic mind, Indomie generation are "babies". Your word, not mine.
Do I av to show you where he said babies or you met the conversation half and jumped in

Its a Monday morning, use it well. Peace
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Bankowner: 11:09am On Nov 13, 2023
Where in my comment did I mention babies? If you're referring to someone else, why not go to the person's mention and stop disturbing me?. And oh! It's just 5.08am over here and we're still in bed. Today's also a stat holiday so I'm not working.
Greyworld:

Do I av to show you where he said babies or you met the conversation half and jumped in

Its a Monday morning, use it well. Peace
Re: CBN Liquidates 20 Banks - NDIC (names) by Greyworld: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2023
Bankowner:
Where in my comment did I mention babies? If you're referring to someone else, why not go to the person's mention and stop disturbing me?. And oh! It's just 5.08am over here and we're still in bed. Today's also a stat holiday so I'm not working.
Then you should enjoy what ever is left of you holiday and don't jump into conversations that aint yours. Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.