Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin (2612 Views)

10 Newsmakers Who Have Been Relegated To Background In Nigerian Politics / Igbo Land Now Officially Relegated To A Living Cemetery / My Wives Are Not Relegated To ‘other Room’, Atiku Mock Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by igwebuike01: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
helinues:

I can't even count how many threads I have created about Obi being silent for now, only if he has future presidential ambitions, but his supporters are just mostly half baked that dont know how things work
You that know how things work is using state election to judge Obi's chances. Same mistake you made in the last election?
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by igwebuike01: 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2023
Whalis:

Obi should be called to order. Obi did this in the national elections. He has continued in this his wild geese chase.
He will be "called to order" with PDP ticket in 2027 or watch him fvck PDP again
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by aswani(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ikinternational:

Forget this thing you're doing on sm, you will never in your life tell God Tinubu is president because he was the people's choice

More people voted for him than they did any other candidate.

The other candidates took him to court twice but couldn't prove he wasn't duly elected, in fact they only took him to court to attempt to get him disqualified which they also failed woefully to do.

So who is the people's choice?

1 Like

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by igwebuike01: 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigerians are not willing to leave APC and PDP behind.

Even those LP voters at the last election, majority of them were PDP supporters who were disgruntled with PDP choosing old man atiku AGAIN.

As for a genuine third force emerging, don't hold your breath. It's been tried before, and everytime it failed. Or it gets coopted by the mainstream politicans
You are getting it. Obi had to finish Atiku and Wike first and show everybody what he is capable of. What how PDP negotiate with him in the next election
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by Ikinternational: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2023
aswani:

More people voted for him than they did any other candidate.

The other candidates took him to court twice but couldn't prove he wasn't duly elected, in fact they only took him to court to attempt to get him disqualified which they also failed woefully to do.

So who is the people's choice?

People's choice is 8m for 13m against?? OK

PDP fuvk up elected Tinubu. Same truth you'll tell to God. Forget the sm trolling you people are doing. That's for man
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by aswani(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ikinternational:

People's choice is 8m for 13m against?? OK

PDP fuvk up elected Tinubu. Same truth you'll tell to God. Forget the sm trolling you people are doing. That's for man

More people voted for him than voted for each of the other candidates not more people voted for him than other candidates combined.

Conversely, less people voted against him than voted against each of the other candidates.

PDP didn't screw up, that party is full off selfish "where money dey" policians who despite zonng their presidential candidacy to the South decided to hand it over to Atiku when that one opened his purse.

Peter Obi also selfishly turned up in Labour Party to steal someone else's presidential candidate mandate (again he too would have opened up his purse like Atiku did at PDP) . How else can you explan the fact that he spent so much more time in PDP and so few in LP yet became the flag bearer of the latter when those two parties are on opposing sides of the Political spectrum?

1 Like

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by Ikinternational: 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
aswani:

More people voted for him than voted for each of the other candidates not more people voted for him than other candidates combined.

Conversely, less people voted against him than voted against each of the other candidates.

PDP didn't screw up, that party is full off selfish "where money dey" policians who despite zonng their presidential candidacy to the South decided to hand it over to Atiku when that one opened his purse.

Peter Obi also selfishly turned up in Labour Party to steal someone else's presidential candidate mandate (again he too would have opened up his purse like Atiku did at PDP) . How else can you explan the fact that he spent so much more time in PDP and do few in LP yet became the flag bearer of the latter when those two parties are on opposing sides of the Political spectrum?

AGAIN, you can lie to man, but you can never ever lie to God.
This is you pretending not to know why PO got the ticket. Because if LP was your party you'd make him stand in line right? Riiiiiiighhhhhtttttt

PDP fuvk up elected Tinubu. Point blank period.

A normal Nigeria Two Party election Tinubu was facing a Guaranteed L. In fact, all you apc urchins should be more grateful to Mr Obi for the Mighty Assist.

AGAIN, the same truth you'll tell God
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by aswani(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ikinternational:

AGAIN, you can lie to man, but you can never ever lie to God.
This is you pretending not to know why PO got the ticket. Because if LP was your party you'd make him stand in line right? Riiiiiiighhhhhtttttt

PDP fuvk up elected Tinubu. Point blank period.

A normal Nigeria Two Party election Tinubu was facing a Guaranteed L. In fact, all you apc urchins should be more grateful to Mr Obi for the Mighty Assist.

AGAIN, the same truth you'll tell God

You don't seem to have an issue with the unfairness of Peter Obi jumping the queue to be LP presidential candidate to the detriment of those that have been with the party through thick and thin, yet you are here claiming holy over whatever it is you believe President Tinubu has done wrong in defeating the same Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by Ikinternational: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2023
aswani:

You don't seem to have an issue with the unfairness of Peter Obi jumping the queue to be LP presidential candidate to the detriment of those that have been with the party through think and thin, yet you are here claiming holy over whatever it is you believe President Tinubu has done wrong in defeating the same Peter Obi.

Guy, you're confused. You don't even know what you're arguing sef.
You just heard Tinubu n came running. The point I'm making is a very simple one. Okay let's do it this way....

Two simple questions....strickly PDP vs apc 2019 presidential election....who would you bet your house, car, n account balance on ?

Assuming you're the shot caller of Labour Party, who are you nominating? PO or whomever your perceived rightful guy is?

Oya Go....Lie To Me. Make I Hear. Just Don't Deflect
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by aswani(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ikinternational:

Guy, you're confused. You don't even know what you're arguing sef.
You just heard Tinubu n came running. The point I'm making is a very simple one. Okay let's do it this way....

Two simple questions....strickly PDP vs apc 2019 presidential election....who would you bet your house, car, n account balance on ?

Assuming you're the shot caller of Labour Party, who are you nominating? PO or whomever your perceived rightful guy is?

Oya Go....Lie To Me. Make I Hear. Just Don't Deflect

You have already told me to lie to you which clearly suggests you don't want MY answer from me, you want YOUR answer from me.

If I was in charge of LP, not a hope in hell would I allow anyone, even President Tinubu, to turn up at the party's doorstep and collect the Presidential candidacy.

You are the one that saw what I read about Peter Obi and started getting worked up about it by saying would I make him stand in line? I wouldn't even welcome him knowing he is only using Labour Party as one of convinience and he couldn't care less about the principles on which it was founded.

To answer your other question, PDP would have picked up the SE votes and won the elections if Peter Obi had stayed.

1 Like

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by Ikinternational: 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
aswani:

You have already told me to lie to you which clearly suggests you don't want MY answer from me, you want YOUR answer from me.

If I was in charge of LP, not a hope in hell would I allow anyone, even President Tinubu, to turn up at the party's doorstep and collect the Presidential candidacy.

You are the one that saw what I read about Peter Obi and started getting worked up about it by saying would I make him stand in line? I wouldn't even welcome him knowing he is only using Labour Party as one of convinience and he couldn't care less about the principles on which it was founded.

To answer your other question, PDP would have picked up the SE votes and won the elections if Peter Obi had stayed.

After pushing you to a corner, I think we're finally getting somewhere....lol

As far as Labour Party, it's great you have principles, but using fairness to pick a candidate would not have elevated your party. As of today, there's not a single Nigerian that's not aware of the party.
How much is Party awareness worth? Party leaders made a choice based on who can elevate their party. Looking back , no sane person can even attempt to argue they made a wrong choice.

Unless your interest is different from that of the party.

There's young igbos in the sw n north that's not even familiar with APGA. Why? Because they remain a strictly SE/local party
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by aswani(m): 12:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Ikinternational:

After pushing you to a corner, I think we're finally getting somewhere....lol

As far as Labour Party, its great you have principles, but using fairness to pick a candidate would not have elevated your party. As of today, there's not a single Nigerian that's not aware of the party.
How much is Party awareness worth? Party leaders made a choice based on who can elevate their party. Looking back , no sane person can even attempt to argue they made a wrong choice.

Unless your interest is different from that of the party.

There's young igbos in the sw n north that's not even familiar with APGA. Why? Because they remain a strictly SE/local party

So you don't care about the unfairness of Labour Party parachuting Peter Obi into their Presidential Candidate position but you want fairness in other things.

However, you are unhappy about (the unfairness of) President Tinubu because he wasn't the "people's choice".

Truly us Nigerians deserve our politicians and the treatment we get from them with our selective determination of fairness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by favor914: 12:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

You have returned to creating senseless threads
Bobloco the Werey you again?
Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 13, 2023
LP had always been in the sustbin before Obi.

Lp should thank Obi for free publicity.

1 Like

Re: LP Finally Relegated To The Dust Bin by Ikinternational: 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
aswani:

So you don't care about the unfairness of Labour Party parachuting Peter Obi into their Presidential Candidate position but you want fairness in other things.

However, you are unhappy about (the unfairness of) President Tinubu because he wasn't the "people's choice".

Truly us Nigerians deserve our politicians and the treatment we get from them with our selective determination of fairness.

You're literally purposefully conflicting arguments just to feel like you're making more sense than me.

I don't understand the need to put words/thoughts in my mouth when my point is simple n direct.

1. PDP fuvk up elected Tinubu
2. Tinubu is not a consensus choice. Not with 8m votes for and 13m against.

Literally a case of hearing what you want to hear

I don't care about narratives n dk measuring contest that nairalanders love. Just truth n honesty

The same truth you'll tell to God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slash ₦‎344 Billion NASS 2024 Budget – SERAP Tackles Akpabio, Abbas / Ahmadinejad Visiting U.S.A? / Upcoming 2010/2011 Political Events/meetings/parties . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.