Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over (724 Views)

With Chatgpt And All The Layoffs, Is There Still Hope For Beginners Like Me? / Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / With The Recent Layoffs In Tech Worldwide, As A Beginner I'm Currently Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2023
In the competing market top tech talent even senior engineer are layoff from various corporations like Amazon and Google .

AI is already taking many jobs including programming,writing and graphics design and more so sad now their is low demands in these work space. All these companies are focusing on making profits.

The job cuts at Google since September, with previous reductions targeting departments handling Google News, recruiting and voice assistant services.

Amazon an e-commerce titan has initiated job cuts in its music division, according to a report from Reuters. This year’s downsizing efforts have affected more than 27,000 employees globally.
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by LUAN(m): 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
Is that why we have More tutor than student, if you learn finish you go do your own bootcamp make you for see your money

4 Likes

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2023
LUAN:
Is that why we have More tutor than student, if you learn finish you go do your own bootcamp make you for see your money

Ex Google, Ex Amazon and Ex Meta staff are opening boot camp to make money teaching learner how to code they won't even tell you the truth because it is confidential. Microsoft,Intel and Nvidia are the best companies to grab valuable work experience
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by LUAN(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Ex Google, Ex Amazon and Ex Meta staff are opening boot camp to make money teaching learner how to code they won't even tell you the truth because it is confidential. Microsoft,Intel and Nvidia are the best companies to grab valuable work experience
if people can see money that is in Agriculture and delve into, million of people eat everyday and we don't have enough farmers to produce the food, every one wants clean Job
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
LUAN:
if people can see money that is in Agriculture and delve into, million of people eat everyday and we don't have enough farmers to produce the food, every one wants clean Job

Farming is good but the cost of transportation is the problem and herdman problem in Nigeria. A good farmers can earn minimum of 10million a year our youth don't know the value of it . If you can sell a 5 trailer loads of garri from cassava you would earn huge sum more than most white collar jobs. Hard working youth don't do fraud like their counterpart .

Fish farming , poultry and cattle rearing is another lucrative business if you have to put into more effort and less fund you just have to increase the quantity.

There are various methods of Farming like using irrigation ,Soilless Farming (Hydroponics), vertical farming (light based) using AI

1 Like

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by airsaylongcome: 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Farming is good but the cost of transportation is the problem and herdman problem in Nigeria. A good farmers can earn minimum of 10million a year our youth don't know the value of it . If you can sell a 5 trailer loads of garri from cassava you would earn huge sum more than most white collar jobs. Hard working youth don't do fraud like their counterpart .

Fish farming , poultry and cattle rearing is another lucrative business if you have to put into more effort and less fund you just have to increase the quantity.

There are various methods of Farming like using irrigation ,Soilless Farming (Hydroponics), vertical farming (light based) using AI

Compare the cost of starting up these more advanced farming methods, high cost of transportation and preservation of the farm produce; compare that cost with the cost to.train for an IT role and start a job in IT. It's less hassle going into IT than going to Agric in Nigeria. Even abroad, more people go into it than into Agric. Ordinary entry level role as tech support for one of the Linux distros is offering $60k annual. This isn't some advanced programming role o. Entry level role for people in EMEA
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Compare the cost of starting up these more advanced farming methods, high cost of transportation and preservation of the farm produce; compare that cost with the cost to.train for an IT role and start a job in IT. It's less hassle going into IT than going to Agric in Nigeria. Even abroad, more people go into it than into Agric. Ordinary entry level role as tech support for one of the Linux distros is offering $60k annual. This isn't some advanced programming role o. Entry level role for people in EMEA

The cost is higher but if you know how to optimize your produce you will make profits. I agree with you.
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by SparkleSix: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2023
Alphabyte2:
In the competing market top tech talent even senior engineer are layoff from various corporations like Amazon and Google .

AI is already taking many jobs including programming,writing and graphics design and more so sad now their is low demands in these work space. All these companies are focusing on making profits.

The job cuts at Google since September, with previous reductions targeting departments handling Google News, recruiting and voice assistant services.

Amazon an e-commerce titan has initiated job cuts in its music division, according to a report from Reuters. This year’s downsizing efforts have affected more than 27,000 employees globally.

And these bootcampers are making it worse.
Learn coding, learn programming, deceiving people just to make money off them.

They have successfully saturated everything.

The streets is tough out there.

To get good paying Dev jobs right now is like finding a needle in a haystack.

NB: I said "good paying". Not some shiity pay like someone offered me. Imagine going fullstack for 40k per month?

1 Like

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by nokspos: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2023
lol sorry i just found this funny. 40k , is it for eba grin
Nigeria is good at abusing something. Because there's no control

SparkleSix:

And these bootcampers are making it worse.
Learn coding, learn programming, deceiving people just to make money off them.

They have successfully saturated everything.

The streets is tough out there.

To get good paying Dev jobs right now is like finding a needle in a haystack.

NB: I said "good paying". Not some shiity pay like someone offered me. Imagine going fullstack for 40k per month?

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by nokspos: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2023
every where you turn to these days , "learn how to code" omo!
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2023
The goal of software engineer is to be a senior engineer in the area you specialize. You can't know it all just gather few knowledge. Senior engineers are finding it difficult to get clients.In Nigeria the only few jobs are high paying . They expect you to be full stack in technologies they can't afford.

Many developers are relocating and earning what Nigerian companies will pay in 5years in a month but the process is long and some programmers are tarnishing Nigeria image.
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Easyincome24: 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nice contribution especially bringing it to people's notice the scarcity of tech jobs owing to deployment of AI.

Tech is evolving, more AI Prompt Engineers will be needed in the nearest future.

Hence, if you are thinking of earning something tangible as a techie, start adding to your bucket list, ML, DL, AI and other related skills. The traditional way of coding is gradually eroding.

I recently found 20 out of 30 jobs on Upwork requesting for AI related. Such as Ghost writer with knowledge of AI, Content and script curator with AI etc.

I just spelt it out loud, find a footing on how to adopt AI, that's what AI Prompt Engineer do.
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Okporiaku: 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
Yes, Ai will affect some tech jobs but not all
Example Mobile app development
Right now i hardly go to chatgpt for code because it usually gives me unusable code
I kind of do everything myself
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Easyincome24:
Nice contribution especially bringing it to people's notice the scarcity of tech jobs owing to deployment of AI.

Tech is evolving, more AI Prompt Engineers will be needed in the nearest future.

Hence, if you are thinking of earning something tangible as a techie, start adding to your bucket list, ML, DL, AI and other related skills. The traditional way of coding is gradually eroding.

I recently found 20 out of 30 jobs on Upwork requesting for AI related. Such as Ghost writer with knowledge of AI, Content and script curator with AI etc.

I just spelt it out loud, find a footing on how to adopt AI, that's what AI Prompt Engineer do.

We just have to adapt to the change

1 Like

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by emoboy4u: 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Okporiaku:
Yes, Ai will affect some tech jobs but not all
Example Mobile app development
Right now i hardly go to chatgpt for code because it usually gives me unusable code
I kind of do everything myself
Hello Sir, do you use GPT4 or 3.5?
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by LikeAking: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
LUAN:

Agric is harder to start na..

Think am..

Tech and various e stuffs are easy to start..

Agric u need millions, tech u need thousands..

Tech is not bad, it’s the boot camps who are misleading people and our various tech bros and sis…

The most important things is to learn how to code very well, learn how to build solid projects, etc..

At least they will learn a new skill..
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by LikeAking: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
nokspos:
every where you turn to these days , "learn how to code" omo!

Dem one cash out..

Learning how to code no be beans..

Truth is : Nobody can teach you how to code..

Those boot camps are destroying tech..
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by nokspos: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
Well I don't really think they are, tech is more than html , css , javascript . those who know tech won't even have time for training
LikeAking:

Dem one cash out..

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Okporiaku: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
emoboy4u:
Hello Sir, do you use GPT4 or 3.5?

When i comes to coding,
Both are the same
The only difference is that gpt4 is capable of getting more real time data from the internet
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by airsaylongcome: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
LikeAking:

Dem one cash out..

Hmmmmm.....so how did you learn if no one taught you?

Read a book? Somone wrote that book
RTFM? It was written by someone
Watched some YT vids? That was put together by someone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by LikeAking: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hmmmmm.....so how did you learn if no one taught you?

Read a book? Somone wrote that book
RTFM? It was written by someone
Watched some YT vids? That was put together by someone

U understand what I am trying to say bros ..
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by airsaylongcome: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
LikeAking:

U understand what I am trying to say bros ..

The teacher only opens the door. It is up to the student to walk through that door. Whether that teacher is a book author, a YouTube content creator, or a human standing in front of you explaining the concepts, they all play the same role, teach you the basics. You personally have to have a burning desire to take that basics and rapidly deep dive into it.

1 Like

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by jesmond3945: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
Okporiaku:

When i comes to coding,
Both are the same
The only difference is that gpt4 is capable of getting more real time data from the internet
not true. Gpt4 is far better than 3.5. It even gives you output especially for python.

1 Like

Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Sheriman(m): 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
LUAN:
Visit Google every one has become a programming tutor aiming at selling their courses why because a lot of them can't get job or they are laid off or get tired of finding jobs.
Re: Tech Talent Layoffs Isn't Over by Alphabyte2: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2023
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is fired in the company. AI is taking jobs secretly.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help On Word Wrap / Java Server Deployments / How Do Television Stations Track Their Audence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.