Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million (14626 Views)

EFCC Arrests Kwara Pastor Adeniyi James For Defrauding Church Member N3.9m / N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos / โ€˜fetishโ€™ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by QuinModah(f): 6:36am On Nov 13, 2023
Sirheny007:
I hope the woman he intends to marry would have the good sense to wait for him for 5years?
Women driving men to their doom since 15BC
if I hear, wait ke, she would follow the next man with available cash to spend.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Cassandraloius: 6:36am On Nov 13, 2023
Lovely.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by ugofulfilled(m): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2023
Also blame the employer for not doing due diligence before on boarding him in his employ. He would rather use a cheap labour than employe someone with skill and proven record of integrity because of how much he will pay as salary
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by CJStarz: 6:40am On Nov 13, 2023
tega192:
Make everybody get out

Oga, abeg,why you dey vex for everybody like this nah?๐Ÿคฃ
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by ButterBerry: 6:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Still far below what our politicians defraud the entire Nation and still go free
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by babsdeebabs(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2023
gbeleka:

Pls let's chat up...What's your whatsapp no?
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Kingmadiba2(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2023
Every penny should be seized from him .
I know his desire to steal huge amount of money must have been fueled by his desire to impress his girlfriend/wife at that time

The wanted to act as though he was the owner of the business.

You betrayed the trust of your employer so you should be ready to face the consequences.

Have you heard of Digital Real Estate ?

Learn how you can earn money from the comfort of your kitchen. And to cushion the effect of this ba la blu economy Learn Digital Real Estate .
If you wan to know more click on the link below this comment
๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Thunderstorm22: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2023
Akaegwu:
This was how southwestern accountants and cashiers killed leventis stores and Kingsway

That's why they are called Afonjas ๐Ÿฅธ๐Ÿฅธ๐Ÿฅธ.
They are too lazy to think about how to genuinely make income. Once you employ them and they start milking you dry the next is to marry a new wife.
Not just new but a new dirty wyf with big ny*sh.
Although not all but majority of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by duduade: 7:01am On Nov 13, 2023
So since 2013 he has been in the prison

And the court sentencing in 2023
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by DECLAN2015(m): 7:04am On Nov 13, 2023
Addme:

https://punchng.com/court-jails-cashier-five-years-for-defrauding-employer-n64-4m/?amp

Started living a "good"life
Acquired new wife
Awoof dey run belle
That business most have been a very good business for the owner not to detect for good for years.....or may she was so trusting.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by DECLAN2015(m): 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
ugofulfilled:
Also blame the employer for not doing due diligence before on boarding him in his employ. He would rather use a cheap labour than employe someone with skill and proven record of integrity because of how much he will pay as salary

Weak excuse
A thief is a thief

Even she pay h 1 bills.he ll still steal
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by PoliteActivist: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
oyeb15:
Juju will make u invincible.Your boss will turn deaf ear to your accusations and d company won't feel your looting. People will even give you huge money and forget. You will disturb them to collect back their money but they won't.

But when it expires, d eyes of your victims will be opened. Those who have money with you will frustrate you and collect their money. It will become a payback period that you might be left with nothing at d end of d day. K9R

What people can believe eh!
MUMU!!!!
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Dayvidblue: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Jedtam:
Cashier from hell. Despite the trust of your employee. From just ordinary casual labour and someone trusted you with that exalted position but what did you do?
Evil will continue to beget evil. Go and do the time.
Trust the olanihis at your own peril. Treacherous bunch!

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by ugofulfilled(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2023
DECLAN2015:

Weak excuse
A thief is a thief

Even she pay h 1 bills.he ll still steal
Don't quote me next time.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by advanceDNA: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2023
Now wey u don put urself for prison..the pvssy wey push you make you steal to open business for her, .... na another man go they chop am steady.....

Hahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by AmazingELixir: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Addme:

https://punchng.com/court-jails-cashier-five-years-for-defrauding-employer-n64-4m/?amp

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you don't know why Nigeria is not working this is it here....similar people are all over the public and private institutions and the rest are all over the internet.

A country of thieves!!!

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by PoliteActivist: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2023
Originalsly:
Why post a 2013 case in 2023?

QuinModah:
No news again on NL, most topics are recycled

You mumu people, everything has to be spelled out for you.
The judgement has just been delivered!
The case has been going on since 2013 but the judgement just came down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by favour32(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2023
When he dey do load and off load ,people go dey sorry for am, say he dey suffer with legitimate work....but give am opportunity...you go fear fear for criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Hespee93: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2023
He commited the crime between 2009 to 2012.

Is it now that he was discovered or 2012.

If he was caught 2012, bro must have been behind bar for over 11yrs, now he wanta to serve the jail term.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by ruffhandu: 7:24am On Nov 13, 2023
This is how judgement should be in Nigeria. Pay back all, go to jail. Then I may add, by the end his jail term, if he has not not finished paying the money, then he remain in jail untill he does.

But the thing here is that Nigerians are not smart sometimes, they just steal to lqvish and show off. If the man has Wisdom, unless the court orders the closure of the wife's business, the wife should pay the money small small while doing business.

But I also know the average Nigerian women, that woman will not know much than to squander the money to 'maintain status quo'. And soon, she will lavish the money on another man while her husband rots in jail. E sure me.say it will end in bigger tears for the man
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by nedekid: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2023
Sirheny007:
I hope the woman he intends to marry would have the good sense to wait for him for 5years?
2.5 years each, running concurrently. Ie 2.5 years sentence in jail not 5.

3 Likes

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Addme: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2023
AmazingELixir:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you don't know why Nigeria is not working this is it here....similar people are all over the public and private institutions and the rest are all over the internet.

A country of thieves!!!
Bro, you nailed it. We are as guilty as the leaders we criticize daily. Our mentality has to change if we want to have headways in this country.
Most people criticizing the government now will do worse if given the chance.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by NaijaCover(m): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by maasoap(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2023
Sirheny007:

What? Dey don born all their pikins finish sef. The charge was 2013, we're in 2023! This case dragged for a decade. That's nonsense

He did it for himself, he just put someone he trusted in charge of the business.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by maasoap(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2023
Hespee93:
He commited the crime between 2009 to 2012.

Is it now that he was discovered or 2012.

If he was caught 2012, bro must have been behind bar for over 11yrs, now he wanta to serve the jail term.
He was charged in 2013. May be he was on bail since then because it is a bailable offence as long as he wasn't a flight risk
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by membranus: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
how dem take dey do-am?

You too wan try am?

KAI, don't do it.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by SeaTrade(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Mindlog:
It is baffling that someone has been deleting invoices and not making remittances worth the employerโ€™s N64m to the company's bank account for a span of 3 years and the company did not pick that up until the anonymous call?
Very possible,he didn't take it at once and the business could be a high turnover one with hundreds of invoices and receipts daily.
How then do you notice that some invoices has been deleted? undecided
The only people I fault are the clients that paid monies to his fictitious accounts knowing well that it doesn't tally with the company name on their purchase invoices.
Or did he have access to his company's bank accounts too?
Oh I get it,they were paying cash for those invoices,kai.
Reason we don't accept cash,transfer or get out!
I need that paper trail for effective accountability.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by ItisWell22(f): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2023
grandstar:
64.5milla in 2012 is about $400k. Today. That is about $60k.
But why did it take so long to have this prosecuted? Has he been languishing in a cell since.
When thieving employees spend, you'll think they own the town. No wonder why a customer reported him to her. They can never keep a low profile for long.
How the woman sef go employ semi-illiterate as her cashier just leaves one dumbfounded

Thatโ€™s how one I know got many of her age grade wondering how, when and where they offended God, that He abandoned them in abject poverty, while this lady was busy buying up and renovating houses, as well as building.

Only for me to hear that the employer got a new cashier, who remitted 70million naira in 3 months.
That jerked the man to consciousness, as he couldnโ€™t remember the last time the other cashier remitted such amount with a better economy .

I heard he sent her to prison first-first, before them begin talk of court hearing or not, late last month. ๐Ÿ˜’
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by Mindlog: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2023
SeaTrade:
Very possible,he didn't take it at once and the business could be a high turnover one with hundreds of invoices and receipts daily.
How then do you notice that some invoices has been deleted? undecided
The only people I fault are the clients that paid monies to his fictitious accounts knowing well that it doesn't tally with the company name on their purchase invoices.
Or did he have access to his company's bank accounts too?
Oh I get it,they were paying cash for those invoices,kai.
Reason we don't accept cash,transfer or get out!
I need that paper trail for effective accountability.

They were paying in cash and they collect the goods, the owner was not checking her banking records in details.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by ukaface(f): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2023
Sirheny007:
Now you are blaming the woman

Mtcheeeew

Is the man not foolish? Does he not know wrong from right?
Na man wey no wise go allow woman push am to doom.
Yโ€™all hypocrites so quick to blame the woman.
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by izibili44: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2023
Now that your new wife will now be another man property when you are jail. grin grin >: grin angry grin
Re: Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million by PoliteActivist: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2023
DECLAN2015:

That business must have been a very good business for the owner not to detect for good four years...

I noted that. Very good biz to be in - and owned by a fellow woman, while NL is full of broke men!
Prime Grocers International Limited, a company selling wholesale and retail consumer goods located in the Oke Arin area of Lagos State,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Stealing Loaves Of Bread / Two Staff, 3 Students Of Turkish International School Kidnapped / Microbiologist Jailed 7 Years For Producing Fake Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.