Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja (25779 Views)

Non-Indigene Resident Form And Tax In Oba, Anambra Cause Stir Online / Wike Approves ₦1 Billion To Support Rivers Flood Victims / Wike Approves ₦220 Million For Families Of Slain Police Officers In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Amount(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bliss62:
grin

Fulani and Hausa mafias dey plan for Wike as he dey do anyhow

They will revenge

Keep Dreaming
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by blesdman(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bliss62:
grin

Fulani and Hausa mafias dey plan for Wike as he dey do anyhow

They will revenge

Just de play...he has his own strategy
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Tru64rtr: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
:

2 Likes

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by freemanq(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Wickedness in high places, just tell me one thing Nigerians are enjoying from the government? The time I checked Nothing,All they is to collect from already poor citizens. Wike should tax senators and other big men in government enjoying our money and are getting fat everyday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by oyoofong(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
FCTA boys it's time to be bigger than you were before now.More money to siphon

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by seguno2: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
Dshocker:
Nigeria government does nothing for the masses, yet they want to harden it, by taxation.

I hope at the end of the day, something meaningful will be made use of the money generated, because it looks and seems like he and the ministry will embezzle 80% of the money generated.

Nigerian government does what the masses want- stomach infrastructure in exchange for their votes every four years or so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by SpatialKing(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
SoNature:
It will triple the FCT IGR because many netizens are more interested in IGR competition than improving the lives of the people.

Just to satisfy their ego

Which how all the landlords in Abuja will increase thier rent tomorrow morning quoting Property tax that has not been implemented..

More suffering and increased cost of living for the masses..

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by seguno2: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
CJStarz:
Rent increase loading.
The poor suffers the brunt of it all.
We need God's intervention

What do you understand about God making all of us in His image, according to the Abrahamic religions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by seguno2: 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
SoNature:
It will triple the FCT IGR because many netizens are more interested in IGR competition than improving the lives of the people.

Are we not our own worst enemies

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Boldideas: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
Thonyb2:

https://.ng/2023/11/13/wike-approves-property-tax-in-abuja/

God bless Wike!
God bless Wike!
Oh Wike Wine!!! ..

Now,let us see if the wicked prices of the wicked landlords will not crash. Very wicked sets of landlords!
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by toprealman: 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
Tjra:

Which mafia? See this fear fear

BTW, Abuja is not an Hausa/Fulani 'owned' state.
And when they said that Lagos, the former Federal Capital Territory is not a Yoruba “owned land” state, you guys had a contrary opinion🤣🤣🤣
#InsideLife

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Jomonix: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
masseratti:
Dead on arrival... It's a good tax tho.. Especially for those empty houses in Abuja with no occupants, maybe this will drag down the price of houses in Abuja if people fill those empty houses, because I see no reason why someone should be paying taxes in those big houses like 20 a year with no one staying in it.

Good point
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by victorazyvictor(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
VERY GOOD
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by israelmao(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
It's a good development.All those who are just building houses and abandoning unoccupied will think of something reasonable to do with them.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by cyrusmillz: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
masseratti:
Dead on arrival... It's a good tax tho.. Especially for those empty houses in Abuja with no occupants, maybe this will drag down the price of houses in Abuja if people fill those empty houses, because I see no reason why someone should be paying taxes in those big houses like 20 a year with no one staying in it.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about those thousands of empty houses that no one can afford littered all around the city, my friend and I discussed about this not too long . The way you suggested it is a good move

2 Likes

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Chicagograduate(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
Money to be stolen.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by BreakingNews21: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
Approved a draft!
The property tax approval process for the FCT must go thru NASS and then signed into law by Bat.
😉

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by victorclean(f): 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
jmoore:

Why don't you want it to affect house rent? Pray to be rich, so you can be the only one to pay tax.

I PRAY to be rich with my husband. I will pay tax if am rich with lots of landed properties.

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Calitoscassius(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2023
How much does taxes Wike pay on his own properties?
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by OmoFiditi: 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
As Fubara no gree pay N25B, na to tax Nigerians to death so that he can keep drinking 128 year old expensive wine. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by nototribalist: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

They will pay the Tax

inside those shanties dey stay?
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Charisma01: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
So all these years, they don't pay property tax in Abuja shocked
So much gaps in the system and this is why Asiwaju Tinubu ran for this office, to solve these problems. May God grant Asiwaju Tinubu tremendous success. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Foolish zombie praise singer. You go soon turn OBIdient.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by nototribalist: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
So all these years, they don't pay property tax in Abuja shocked
So much gaps in the system and this is why Asiwaju Tinubu ran for this office, to solve these problems. May God grant Asiwaju Tinubu tremendous success. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Your agbero drug dealer President has brought crime to Abuja, no where is safe anymore. too many agberos robbing people in the FCT
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Christistruth03: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
grin cheesy grin grin
nototribalist:

inside those shanties dey stay?

Lol!
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by masseratti: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
cyrusmillz:

Honestly, I'm more concerned about those thousands of empty houses that no one can afford littered all around the city, my friend and I discussed about this not too long . The way you suggested it is a good move
yeah.. It's true but someone just educated me that it's a "sales" tax which means it's a tax on when the buildings are sold.. I think a kind of tax should be levied on those empty houses anything valued more than 75m and two years empty should be taxed by atleast 1% of the value if you are paying that for an empty house I think you will be desperate to fill it in with an occupant. Just my opinion tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by ocelot2006(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
Property what?? HELL NO!!
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by michi2011: 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
masseratti:

Remove your eye from other people's houses.
Buy land and build your own.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Swiftgrp: 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by kuse2(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:
Rich men should pay more tax than the poor/ average. Provided it does affect the house rents for the poor/ average.

Dey play..
1st.. Cost of properties will go up cos sellers will infuse the tax into the selling price.. New buyer will fix rent considering how much the property was acquired..

2nd.. The rich are already paying huge tax.. Even some of us wey be middle-class dey cry.. Imagine paying tax of about N10m on ur salary per annum..

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by ThatCEO: 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

It will always trickle down to the poor/average.

The poor masses don't know that bad government practices will affect only them. No rich man in any society has ever paid their fair share of tax. Oga patapata, Jeff Bezos, has never paid one dollar despite years of record profit.

The middle class will find a way to pay peanuts, then, they will bill their tenants well to cover the costs

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Masterito(m): 6:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
And they will loot the revenue. So what is the use?
SoNature:
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Toosure70: 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2023
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Hike: Public Complaints Company Adjusts Work Schedule / Oba Adedapo Tejuosho's 80th Birthday Celebration: Obasanjo, Saraki Spotted / House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.