Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike (14659 Views)

Nicholas Ukachukwu: Real Story On Demolition Of Igbo Man Property In Abuja– Wike / Gbajabiamila: Tinubu Is My Mentor, Benefactor: God Directed Me To Him / How Buhari Directed Me To Initiate Shehu Sani ‘s Recall From Senate – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by GuruboiNaija: 6:37am On Nov 14, 2023
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Nyesom Wike has said that he has received a presidential directive to build a new Court of Appeal in Abuja.

The minister stated this at the opening ceremony of the 2023 All Nigeria Judges’ Conference of the Superior Courts of Record at the National Judicial Institute, Abuja, held on Monday.

Wike explained that the move is in line with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Renewed Hope agenda towards ensuring that the judiciary works in an environment that supports the delivery of justice without fear or favour.

To that effect, Wike said Tinubu has directed the setting up of a new Court of Appeal division for the FCT, which would be completed in the next 15 months, as well as the construction of houses for judges of the High Court and their counterparts in Magistrates courts in the capital city.

“In Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), we are committed to fostering an environment that supports the judiciary in dispensing justice without fear or favour.

“We recognise the importance of a well-equipped and adequate staff force as well as the need for continuous education to ensure that our judges are abreast of the latest developments in jurisprudence.

“I am pleased to report that efforts are underway to enhance the infrastructure of our court facilities, including the welfare of judicial officers.

“The President has directed that we should, with immediate effect, construct a new Court of Appeal division of Abuja and that must be completed in 15 months.

“And the President also directed that we should construct houses for the FCT judges and magistrates in Abuja and also directed that judges of the Federal High Court in Abuja and the Court of Appeal in Abuja division must be given new quarters,” he added.

He commended the National Judicial Institute (NJI) for its commitment to providing a platform for judges across the country to converge, exchange ideas, and engage in substantive discussions on pressing legal issues.

Wike added: “While it (the conference) remains one of the most anticipated events for judges in Nigeria, it also provides a platform for them to stay abreast of evolving legal issues, share best practices and collectively strategize on ways to enhance the administration of justice in Nigeria.”

In his keynote address, the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the Board of Governors of the NJI, Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, stressed that the conference is strategic and serves the dual purpose of stock-taking and visioning.

https://.ng/2023/11/13/tinubu-has-directed-me-to-build-new-appeal-court-in-abuja-wike/

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Urheadmaster(m): 6:39am On Nov 14, 2023
tongue

Minister Wike the new land grabber in Abuja the federal republic of Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by NaijaCover(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Inukwa ooooo
Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by NobleSeed(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Tell him you are going to build him appeased Court instead
Bunch of claws.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by jlo247(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Anything you like you should build. Wicked Leaders

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by cjudy(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2023
grin

It is finish.

Preparing for next election

28 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by UptownVibes(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Ahead of the next election grin

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by urbobo20(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Wike has away of putting judiciary in his pocket

47 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by helinues: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Directed you, you no know your duty before without being told?

Hian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Timblogga: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Lol
Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by kerry57: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Na so, wike and building judiciary structure na 5 and 6. He will always do this to get favourable judgement from court anytime.

Exactly what he did in Rivers, go there Judges and lawyers are always singing his praise. He will also get them cars after structures. That is why he had the guts to want to impeach a sitting governor because he has got the judiciary behind him.

Na strategy

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Sunkyapogee(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
E don finish.. forget any court matter

25 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Watoni2T(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Lolz
Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by NOC1(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
This guy love building court rooms and houses for judges.

Anything to pacify the judiciary is his first agenda

25 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban Presido
Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Cocolatti(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
From 2015 to the present, the ruling APC has made the Judiciary and INEC an extension of the Executive. The ruthless ruling APC has recognized that to win elections in Nigeria, all you need is to pocket the Judiciary and INEC. So the Judiciary will continue to see good days as long as it keeps doing the bidding of the ruling party.

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by abbaapple: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
angry

Oya na!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by LegallyBlunt: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Who cares? Like who has hope in law and the judiciary?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by shadrach77: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Nice one! But why can't he spend the money on building a new hospital? Crazy leaders cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Tuzzyjohnson(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Ride on

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by kennyz247(m): 6:51am On Nov 14, 2023
Lawless and no respect for judiciary country still investing and wasting money on court/judiciary.... No be hyper madness be dat?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Flame333: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2023
See issue bothering them,

wish the next gun administration help kill all of them..

These guys need someone brutal than Abacha..

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Stanleymaster1: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2023
Will it reduce the level of inflation in d country

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by DTeekay(m): 6:51am On Nov 14, 2023
They won't build no schools any more, they won't build no hospitals all they build was prison prison... Legend Lucky Dube

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 6:53am On Nov 14, 2023
You and your master are fools

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Blaze14k: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Ok a private one that will help to make the legal process faster and more transparent for tinubu and cohort

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:55am On Nov 14, 2023
Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Clonus: 6:55am On Nov 14, 2023
So In FCT there is no need for hospitals, Agrcultural development or for anything else only courts, courts, more courts and judges.
May God help you Mr Governor of FCT.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike by Charmingpet: 6:55am On Nov 14, 2023
DTeekay:
They won't build no schools any more, they won't build no hospitals all they build was prison prison... Legend Lucky Dube
the ones built, they should put them in good shape, I don't know if it's too much to ask from them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Markets Shut To Honour Jakande / Onyinye Omenuga: Peter Obi Congratulates Young Nigerian Uk Awardee / 5 In Prison For Disgracing Abubakar Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.