Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,699 members, 7,827,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki (19019 Views)

Majek Fashek V Orits Wiliki V Ras Kimono: Who Does It Better? / Court Awards N500 Million Damages Against Calabar Carnival Commission / Malaysia-based Entertainment Guru Oga Jay Release Video Worth N50million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by HimName: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2023
How may rivers we will have to cross....

Raindrops by the Oritz Wiliki.

Been a strong fan right from my early age of 10
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by TheBillyonaire: 10:20am On Nov 14, 2023
Ancestral level bullshit.
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Obierika(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2023
AntiChristian:

Your brain get any white matter so?

Wittyness.

grin
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Bigboytinz: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2023
Kobicove:
I remember when this guy, Alex O, Blakky, Ras Kimono, The Mandators etc used to hold sway as A-list artistes in Nigeria.

Truly nothing lasts forever
Their mates in America are still holding sway over there and even here. Mariah Carey Na their mate Lionel Richie Na their papa dem still dey relevant. Naija no be place
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Nerogee(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2023
Nice2023:

Using the word that is "haram" makes u a mumu.

This shows that Arabic is more superior to ur language .

Satanic language.
You will just opened your mouth waa, the English you are using, is it not superior to your local language?
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by dominique(f): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2023
This is the song we've been waiting for to come change the man of stone. I loved Orits Wiliki those days like kilode. Back in the days when artistes used to pour their hearts and soul into their music and lyrics actually made sense. What we have today is noise cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Sillymoderators: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2023
Kobicove:

That does not necessarily mean that they're making serious money from it...I wonder where he expects them to get 50million to pay him? undecided
Whether they are making money from it or not did they seek for his permission abi you don't know what is called "intellectual property"?
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2023
Kobicove:
I remember when this guy, Alex O, Blakky, Ras Kimono, The Mandators etc used to hold sway as A-list artistes in Nigeria.

Truly nothing lasts forever

You no come add sunny okosun, peterside, edna okoli, Chris okotie, king sunny ade, Christy essien igbokwe, majek fashek etc....

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Kobicove(m): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2023
Bigboytinz:
Their mates in America are still holding sway over there and even here. Mariah Carey Na their mate Lionel Richie Na their papa dem still dey relevant. Naija no be place

Na lie!

When was the last time Lionel Richie or Marian Carey released a new album? undecided
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Kobicove(m): 11:25am On Nov 14, 2023
Jbleenk:

Wow mandatory!! Guy you be old school o. You go don enter 80yrs like this

How you take know? grin

In fact next year I will celebrate my 85th birthday grin
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by slowice(m): 11:48am On Nov 14, 2023
When men were kids😂😂😍😍

Abeg make it 200m for oritz for his evergreen reggae songs that made birthday parties a hit back to back. grin if you see ònyekwa onwenu please award her 100m too grin

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by phemmyfour: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2023
naptu2:
Premier Music has been posting their old catalogue on the internet, particularly on YouTube and that might be the reason for this suit.
Where is Mubanlamube
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by mariovito(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Congrats to him
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Okoroawusa: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
" give me little time I will fight fireeeee"...

Orits Wiliki
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Okoroawusa: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
dominique:
This is the song we've been waiting for to come change the man of stone. I loved Orits Wiliki those days like kilode. Back in the days when artistes used to pour their hearts and soul into their music and lyrics actually made sense. What we have today is noise cry

Dominique, is it "man "? I thought it's " heart of stone"?

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by mariovito(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
tishbite42:

Na out of court settlement go win am

Out of court when judgement has been delivered?

Out of court is when the matter is still pending.

The most the judgement debtor can do is go on appeal or plead with the judgement creditor if not all the judgement debtors property and assets will be attached and auctioned off to settle the judgement debt.
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by AareGaa: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
ruffDiamond:
Gimme likkle time I will fight the fire eeeeh cool

Orits Wiliki that year..though Ras Kimono was the best among the top 3 regae artiste then followed by the Mandators

Majek Fashek was the best..
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by ruffDiamond: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
AareGaa:

Majek Fashek was the best..
yeah I agree completely!what happened to him later was so painful.but may his soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by nedekid: 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
CJStarz:
An appeal from Premier records or a cash out by OW? Either way,Oritz wins.
My bloda, to see that money takes time ohh. If he is unlucky and premier music files apeal within 3 months,he will be on a long thing. I hear appeals from 3 years ago have not been assigned judges not to talk of being heard, cannot verify though.
Only God knows how long he has been on this matter, 5 years, 10 years? Terrible thing is that naira keeps loosing value. That his 50m when he started the case might have been worth over 400k usd, today it is less than 40k usd, if they appeal and it takes another 3 years, that money may be worth 10k usd at the rate things are going.
The record company wins at the end of the day as na just peanuts they will pay.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by CJStarz: 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
Wahala no dey finish 😂😂😂

nedekid:

My bloda, to see that money takes time ohh. If he is unlucky and premier music files apeal within 3 months,he will be on a long thing. I hear appeals from 3 years ago have not been assigned judges not to talk of being heard, cannot verify though.
Only God knows how long he has been on this matter, 5 years, 10 years? Terrible thing is that naira keeps loosing value. That his 50m when he started the case might have been worth over 400k usd, today it is less than 40k usd, if they appeal and it takes another 3 years, that money may be worth 10k usd at the rate things are going.
The record company wins at the end of the day as na just peanuts they will pay.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Bigboytinz: 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobicove:

Na lie!

When was the last time Lionel Richie or Marian Carey released a new album? undecided
go check their yearly earnings. Even MJ that is gone earned more than all your artists in Nigeria about 108m USD this year alone o. Not to say Lionel Richie. Those guys don't release albums. You know how Mucha label has to pay say Mariah Carey or Lionel Richie to release an album?? You think Na Naija wey you go just enter studio for your room dey sing nonsense abi?? You know they are mostly on tours all year round cashing out some are even on residency in Las Vegas Usher just finished one. Omo don't compare o
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Ishilove: 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Is that not Ishilove doing backup dancing in shoulder pad suit?? shocked

Why dis girl like to disgrace me like dis?! angry
Smh
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by CJStarz: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Indeed,common sense is not common because if it was, you would have had some enough to know I was merely cracking a joke there and responded equally. Very obvious you're not an Igbo person because if you were, you would have understood that I only intended a pun. We don't get too serious over nuffing. I can deduce your tribe but won't say it here before you serve me a pepper/palm oil laden greenish soup.
Taking things too seriously, moreso,the comments that flow in here,shows you need some psychiatric help.
Naija too hard already,no come add unnecessary anger on top yourself.
Just catch cruise here and move on...

libertyfather:
go ahead dude, so far you no place sense where it belongs, we dey talk alphabet you dey talk numbers jargon...I now see reason they say common sense is not common
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Ishilove: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
naptu2:
Orits Wiliki - Heart of Stone (1991).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcO_9MDXgHU
Produced 32 years ago, but yet still fresher and more creative than so many contemporary Nigerian songs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Fizalis(m): 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Guy My Ribs Oh
Which one be "tinibulation" 😩🤣
CJStarz:

See eh,I can sue Tinubu to court for all the TINIBULATION you are going through.
The court would award you a $50000 dollars compensation.
Try am

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Nerdnextdoor: 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
I didn't even know that Premier Music was still in existence till date.
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by chessguru(m): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobicove:

That does not necessarily mean that they're making serious money from it...I wonder where he expects them to get 50million to pay him? undecided
. They made mad money on it the proof is there . You need to be sure before you make any statement .
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by Advancedman(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2023/11/court-awards-n50million-in-favour-of-orits-wiliki/

Record Labels and fleecing artistes e don tay no be today.
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by yungdynho(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
What if the record label no come get such amount to pay Williki?
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by dominique(f): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
Where is Mubanlamube

I loved that jam no be small. It was released much later in the mid to late 90s under another label Africa envogue I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyPmmkfyhg?si=Ss4SDLc_XYjZfQvP
Re: Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki by dominique(f): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ishilove:

Produced 32 years ago, but yet still fresher and more creative than so many contemporary Nigerian songs.

Manny Eke, the guy that rapped in the song went on to have a fairly successful career in the late 90s/early 2000s. My favourite song of his is Ayinlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYNq3u53ws4?si=0-gnfctZBqFTZLhm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Backstreet Boys Versus Westlife: Who's Better? / Yoruba Rapper, Olamide Releases New Single, Titles It "young Erikina" / Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.