Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

My New German Shepherd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My New German Shepherd (984 Views)

My New Caucasian / LOCAL DOG - EKUKE (pup) Needed Urgently For My New House - ABUJA / Petlanders .... Say Hello To My New Puppy.. Pet Dog... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New German Shepherd by Chikebrain: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2023
So I and my wife got a German shepherd puppy over the weekend. My kids named him George. So far he has refused to eat diamond puppy dog food. He manages to only drink milk once a while.
Kindly rate the puppy

Re: My New German Shepherd by Chikebrain: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2023
BTW, George tries to bite my legs. Most people have been saying he won't really bite as he is trying to play but he actually did bite my feet a bit. Still trying to get used to him

This is also my first dog ever

1 Like

Re: My New German Shepherd by Lance008(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
8/10
Re: My New German Shepherd by KingAfo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
Don’t give him milk. Ask the seller what he or she feed him and continue before you now introduce diamond.
These are questions you need to ask when buying a dog.
6/10
Re: My New German Shepherd by Chikebrain: 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
KingAfo:
Don’t give him milk. Ask the seller what he or she feed him and continue before you now introduce diamond.
These are questions you need to ask when buying a dog.
6/10
It's the seller that asked me to give him diamond kibble but I presume the dog was breastfeed before It was sold to me.
Re: My New German Shepherd by Chikebrain: 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Today has been good so far. On my way back this evening, I stopped over at a vet shop close to my place and bought a leash as I read that it could help control the constant biting of my feet. I also bought a canned food called booster which it devoured immediately I gave it.
Buying canned food isn't cheap as it's sold for N2000 per on can and I only bought 1 can.
Experienced dog owner and breeders, how do I make it eat the Diamond kibble I bought.

Note: I've tried mixing it with cowbell milk but still it won't eat it. It'd just lick the milk like 3-4 times and that's it. I tried also mashing it, tried soaking it with water.
Re: My New German Shepherd by Steamworld: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
Mix the canned food with diamond dry food (maybe take 3spoons of the canned food and mix it with the dry food) the flavour of the canned food will help, next try deworm the puppy
Re: My New German Shepherd by welzyj2(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
Chikebrain:
So I and my wife got a German shepherd puppy over the weekend. My kids named him George. So far he has refused to eat diamond puppy dog food. He manages to only drink milk once a while.
Kindly rate the puppy

Your pup looks good and has a nice paw.

He will out grow your expectation if you treat and feed well.

Introduce the kibble bit by bit with what he is comfortable eating.
Protein from milk isnt as great as protein from egg.

You can forget the milk and substitute for egg. You can give it raw or boiled.

1 Like

Re: My New German Shepherd by Namdeenero(m): 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Get boiled potatoes, carrot, chicken and boiled egg and a cup of water.. Grind all and serve your dog. Thank me later after 3 months
Re: My New German Shepherd by oneman2k7: 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2023
1Egg+ golden mourn + 1 sachet of milk

Boiled chicken leg/neck/head + indomie
Re: My New German Shepherd by Abbeyb1ack: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
Grind the kibble or get indomie(it's a special indomie for dog blend with dry chicken and other nutrients)

Also i don't think it's a good idea missing there milk with cowbell milk
Re: My New German Shepherd by Abbeyb1ack: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
Namdeenero:
Get boiled potatoes, carrot, chicken and boiled egg and a cup of water.. Grind all and serve your dog. Thank me later after 3 months

Please tell me more about this process
Will everytin be blend together?
Re: My New German Shepherd by Namdeenero(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
Abbeyb1ack:

Please tell me more about this process
Will everytin be blend together?
Yes you can grind everything together
Re: My New German Shepherd by Mandela27: 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
One day I will own a German shepherd too
Re: My New German Shepherd by DidiLove1: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
First things first,

1. Get a good and decent vet clinic close to home and register your puppy.
2. If you have his injection history already, inform the vet and he will continue from the last injection to administer the necessary vaccines. If you do not, the vet will have to create his records. This is very important.
3. As much as possible, keep his surroundings clean. Research as much as you can on infections and diseases that plague dogs of his breed and age. Observe unusual behavior that could turn out to be symptoms of something worse. Be prepared.
4. Discuss the parvovirus with your vet. Be informed.
5. If your puppy is currently restricted to an apartment or a secluded/private area in your building, do NOT leash him. Allow him to settle into his new surroundings. The biting your feet part is only play and a means of bonding with you. It's nothing serious.
6. Please introduce him to food gradually till you get what works. Don't fuss or force it. For now, do not buy food in large quantities till you get his acceptable menu.

He's a lovely pup and with the proper care and love, he will grow into all you want in a dog. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My New German Shepherd by Mandela27: 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2023
Chikebrain:
Kindly rate the puppy
Please sir how much did u get George

(1) (Reply)

Southafrican Boerbeols Available / GSD Stud needed Around Ibadan / Me,beast And Cesar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.