Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out (1104 Views)

CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara / You Are A Danger To Our Democracy- Oby Comes For Buhari. / Zamfara Killings Unacceptable, Threat To Our Democracy – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by ubest1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
Let compare 2023 presidential election and the just concluded Imo,Kogi, & Balyesa states election turnout and see how INEC is fraudulently killing Democracy in Nigeria.

If we all are to be sincere with ourselves 2023 election turnout remain the highest since 1999 because Nigerian really wanted to vote. I used my place of work as a example, we are almost 100 staffs who went to registered for PVC and traveled long to vote compare to just concluded governorship election where none bother going.

Let compare this during presidential election Balyesa total valid vote was 161,905 and just concluded governorship 286,209, In Kogi presidential 446,310 and just concluded governorship 782,289, finally Imo state presidential result 458,684 and just concluded governorship 675,892.

Do our vote really count in Nigeria or INEC just allocate numbers and declare it to favour the highest bidder.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by Enskynelson(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2023
INEC is about the most corrupt organisation we have at the moment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by Felimax(m): 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
Who cares?
Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by 9jatriot(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
If I go by your data, it shows that people voted more during this election than the one held earlier this year. That you and your friends did not go to vote does not mean that others did the same.

This can be intrepeted both ways. One is that people tend to vote during local elections that concerns them than in presidential elections.
Another intepretation could be that people now trust INEC more seeing how well the February elections were done and so decided to come out emass to come and vote this time

Also, if you ask me, the most contested election was in 2015 not even 2023. Do not just use you and your colleagues to judge.
ubest1:
Let compare 2023 presidential election and the just concluded Imo,Kogi, & Balyesa states election turnout and see how INEC is fraudulently killing Democracy in Nigeria.

If we all are to be sincere with ourselves 2023 election turnout remain the highest since 1999 because Nigerian really wanted to vote. I used my place of work as a example, we are almost 100 staffs who went to registered for PVC and traveled long to vote compare to just concluded governorship election where none bother going.

Let compare this during presidential election Balyesa total valid vote was 161,905 and just concluded governorship 286,209, In Kogi presidential 446,310 and just concluded governorship 782,289, finally Imo state presidential result 458,684 and just concluded governorship 675,892.

Do our vote really count in Nigeria or INEC just allocate numbers and declare it to favour the highest bidder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by freshvine(f): 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2023
Inec sensing there may be voters apathy allowed rigging to confuse the unsuspecting people still votes in their numbers.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by abhosts(m): 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2023
INEC did nothing wrong. They are working the exact way the crafters of the 1999 constitution intended. How can a corrupt politician running for office be given the responsibility to appoint people into INEC? Does that make any sense?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by XerXers: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
9jatriot:
If I go by your data, it shows that people voted more during this election than the one held earlier this year. That you and your friends did not go to vote does not mean that others did the same.

This can be intrepeted both ways. One is that people tend to vote during local elections that concerns them than in presidential elections.
Another intepretation could be that people now trust INEC more seeing how well the February elections were done and so decided to come out emass to come and vote this time

Also, if you ask me, the most contested election was in 2015 not even 2023. Do not just use you and your colleagues to judge.
Pictures of crowd at each polling unit
Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by Possessedkid: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
Instead of multiple parties campaigning why not one party do it for life

PDP should keep carry the baton not bed ridden APC
Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by raumdeuter: 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
Your data shows the opposite

People are more interested in local elections that affect them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by yussybenayu: 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
9jatriot:

If we continue to accept rubbish, rubbish will never cease to exist. You know exactly what Inec has done but you don't want to admit for reason known only to you. We having 98% turn out on paper in a particular area in kogi state while the numbers on bivas is far less.

1 Like

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by successmatters(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
9jatriot:

The electrical panel of you brain has burnt. You need a rewire.
Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by successmatters(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
yussybenayu:
If we continue to accept rubbish, rubbish will never cease to exist. You know exactly what Inec has done but you don't want to admit for reason known only to you. We having 98% turn out on paper in a particular area in kogi state while the numbers on bivas is far less.

He thinks that by being silly, he can hide the obvious pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by LegendHero(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
I think in Nigeria election, governorship election usually have more voters turnout than presidential elections.

So the trend is valid as more voters will vote for governorship as against those that will turn up for the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by SOSinNigeria: 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
ubest1:

You've stated pure facts. INEC under the rogue called Mahmoud has destroyed our democracy.

I'm in Owerri, Imo State. During the presidential election, almost one in two adults came out to vote. The streets were crowded with voters. Yet INEC claimed only 400,000+ voted. Then during the gubernatorial election when most people refused to come out and vote, they claimed 600,000+ voted.

Lol, these fools just dish out numbers anyhow. I pity Nigerians that still come out to vote on election day. I didn't vote last Saturday and I'm glad I stayed at home.

I will never vote in elections again in Nigeria, because it's a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by successmatters(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:
I think in Nigeria election, governorship election usually have more voters turnout than presidential elections.

So the trend is valid as more voters will vote for governorship as against those that will turn up for the presidential election.

It's a lie.

1 Like

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by successmatters(m): 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

You've stated pure facts. INEC under the rogue called Mahmoud has destroyed our democracy.

I'm in Owerri, Imo State. During the presidential election, almost one in two adults came out to vote. The streets were crowded with voters. Yet INEC claimed only 400,000+ voted. Then during the gubernatorial election when most people refused to come out and vote, they claimed 600,000+ voted.

Lol, these fools just dish out numbers anyhow. I pity Nigerians that still come out to vote on election day. I didn't vote last Saturday and I'm glad I stayed at home.

I have a similar experience. I was expecting at least 1.5 million votes foe LP from Imo seeing the turn out, but they dis their madness. Everyone is aware of this, and taking notes
Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by Hoelujohn: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
9jatriot:

If those figures are real votes, may your life flourish but if they are concocted figures, may your life witness the kind of destruction this country is going through

1 Like

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by DesChyko: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
ubest1:
I used my place of work as a example, we are almost 100 staffs who went to registered for PVC and traveled long to vote compare to just concluded governorship election where none bother going.

I raised this observation few days ago. It's really stupid how INEC are taking the common sense of Nigerians for granted and certain fellows are having a laugh off it.

I'll use my town results for example; In the Guber elections, only 1 person voted in a PU that saw close to 200 in the Presidential Elections. But look at the numbers from Imo.

It's crazy, really.
Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by voltron14: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Your candidate didn't win.
grin

Re: INEC Killing Our Democracy Compare This Turn-out by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
I doubt we had up to 200k votes in Imo. For real. The polling units were the scantiest I've ever seen. I did capture and voting in less than 3 minutes.

(1) (Reply)

Unemployment Rate In Akwa Ibom Rate Is 51% But The State built a 32b Church / Picture: Uloen, Ondo State, A Village That Has Not Seen Electricity For 15 Years / Breaking News: Israel Launches Missile Strikes On Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.