Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,270 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi (249 Views)

CAF African Footballer Of The Year: Nigerias Victor Osimhen Is 2023 Winner / CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / Aper Aku Stadium Wears New Look Ahead Of CAF Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by robosky02(m): 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
I was ‘robbed’ of CAF African Player of the Year Award – Mikel Obi

Former Super Eagles captain Mikel John Obi has claimed he was robbed of the CAF African Player of the Year Award in 2013.

Speaking in his new podcast, Obi One, the former Chelsea midfielder noted that he won more than Toure during the year in review.

Mikel Obi played a pivotal role as the Blues won the UEFA Europa League.

He was also a key part of the Nigeria squad that won the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).

However, Mikel Obi could only finish behind Toure in the CAF Player of the Year voting.

“In 2013, it was my trophy (CAF Award) to be won. I won the Africa Cup of Nations, I won the Champions League, the year before and the Europa League the year 2013.

“And Yaya only won… he didn’t win anything and coming into the ceremony, I thought I was winning, the information was that I was going to win it, I was told by CAF I was going to win it,” Mikel Obi said.

Lalasticlala mynd44 mukina2
https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/14/i-was-robbed-of-caf-african-player-of-the-year-award-mikel-obi/

Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by Resetinc: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Issa Hayatou is the most corrupt football official in history ….

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by Hezzyluv: 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
No be today na.
Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by robosky02(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
Resetinc:

Is tenure dealt with Nigeria

Imagine robbing Nigeria for Cameroon to win AFCON

Robbing Okocha for Eto'o to win African player of the year

2 Likes

Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by robosky02(m): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hezzyluv:
No be today na.

We dey wait how them want to use memolode sundaws player to win CAF best player ahead of Osimhen

1 Like

Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by mayor1814: 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
Make Mikel calm down jare. Wetin make Okocha com talk. He was robbed twice. One to mustapha hadji and another one to samuel Eto.

Mikel was just fortunate to play in a star studded Chelsea, reason why he became well decorated. He wasn't one of their top 5 performers.
Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by robosky02(m): 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
mayor1814:
Make Mikel calm down jare. Wetin make Okocha com talk. He was robbed twice. One to mustapha hadji and another one to samuel Eto.

Mikel was just fortunate to play in a star studded Chelsea, reason why he became well decorated. He wasn't one of their top 5 performers.

Omo that year

Mikel was everything
And should win ahead of Yaya You're

Ojoro

1 Like

Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by wittywriter: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Resetinc:
robosky02:

Is tenure dealt with Nigeria

Imagine robbing Nigeria for Cameroon to win AFCON

Robbing Okocha for Eto'o to win African player of the year

Wittyness
Re: I Was ‘robbed’ Of CAF African Player Of The Year Award – Mikel Obi by mayor1814: 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
robosky02:

Omo that year

Mikel was everything
And should win ahead of Yaya You're

Ojoro

Who is d ojoro? U are. U are just using unnecessary sentiment to support mikel coz u a Nigerian. Look at facts bro. Stop hating on other players better than ur Nigerian players

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi's Team Defeats Argentina 0–1 In Their First-ever Home World Cup ... / Your 2.0 Odd For 25/12 On Sportybet / Six Players To Watch Out For In Afcon 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.