Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja (11222 Views)

Governor Nyesom Wike Inaugurates 100,000 Special Assistants (Pictures) / #EndSARS: Tinubu Justifies Use Of Force On Protesters / Buhari Meets Members Of The Presidential Task Force On COVID–19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Justiceori2019(m): 4:33am On Nov 15, 2023
WIKE INAUGURATES TASK FORCE ON ISSUANCE OF C OF O FOR MASS HOUSING PROJECTS, RECOVERY OF LAND USE

1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike on Tuesday, inaugurated a Task Force on the issuance of Certificate of Occupancy for mass housing developments and recovery of land use contravention fees in the FCT.

2. The Task Force which has one month month to conclude its assignment is chaired by the Senior Special Assistant to the FCT Minister on Lands, and Urban and Regional Planning, Estate Surveyor Michael O. Chinda, while the Executive Secretary, FCDA, will serve as its Secretary.

3. Other members of the Task Force are the Director, Department of Land, Director AGIS, Director, Department of Development Control, Director Department of Mass Housing, Director, Department of Urban and Regional Planning and Director, Department of Surveying and Mapping.

4. According to the FCT Minister, the purpose of setting up the Task Force is to ensure that each of the houses in the Mass Housing Estates in the FCT are granted Certificates of Occupancy (C of O)to be paid for by the allottees.

5. The Task Force is also charged with the task of ensuring that allottees who have contravened land use in the FCT, pay penalties to serve as deterrence. The FCT Minister lamented that a lot of residential allocations in the FCT have been converted to commercial purposes.

6. He explained that as much as the FCT is seeking to generate revenue to finance projects, it must also ensure that development activities are done in a controlled manner in line with the provisions of law.

7. In the words of the FCT Minister, “The purpose of setting up the Task force is to make sure that all the Mass Housing, each of the houses own C of O and they have to pay for it. And then those who have contravened land use, those that were given approval for residential and converted it to commercial, those who have been given for commercial and they contravened by building residential, there must be penalties. And the only way people will be deterred from doing this is to make sure that we discourage them and discouraging them means that if you want to do it, you have a penalty to pay and that penalty must be severe.”

8. The FCT Minister also directed the Task Force to make provisions for land allottees in the Area Councils who do not have certificates of occupancy for their plots to enable them to get the land documents. He directed the Committee to advertise what is to be paid to enable them obtain the documents.

9. Frowning at situations where hectares of land are allocated for mass housing development but the developers turn around to sell off the plots, he charged the Task Force to be diligent in its actions, adding that he will personally monitor its activities.

10.The Minister also disclosed that the Zenith Bank Plc has been mandated to provide the enabling funds for the activities of the Task Force and funds collected via the task force will be deposited in the bank.

11.Barrister Wike further warned that he would not entertain any pleas by defaulters when the Committee begins its assignment, noting that the FCT as a non-oil state, relies on internally generated revenue to carry out development projects.

12.He said, “I’m not interested in who did not comply. I don’t want anybody to write to me that please, the Task Force came, help me. I’m not going to do that. Even if I minute to you, don’t act on it. Pressure can come all over. So, even if you see my minute saying please treat, put it aside because Nigerians like to put pressure.”

13.Speaking on behalf of the task force, the Chairman, ESV Michael Chinda, assured that the Task Team will carry out the assignment with precision, diligence and high level of professionalism.

14.The Chairman also commended the FCT Minister for taking steps to sanitize land administration in the FCT and ensuring that land allottees are provided with requisite titles.

15.He said, “We know that Certificate of Occupancy is an indispensable requirement for land ownership. The land belongs to the government and someone cannot be on government land in perpetuity. You have to legalize your stay and this should be cheery news for property owners in Abuja.”

16.Noting that the distortion of Abuja masterplan, if allowed, will encourage indiscriminate development activities, ESV Chinda warned that the Task Force will not spare anyone that is found to have contravened land use in the FCT.

ANTHONY OGUNLEYE

DIRECTOR PRESS

(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)

14/11/2023

8 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by emkz: 4:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Wike knows what he is doing.

He demonstrates that any governor can succeed if he puts on his thinking cap.

We only wish all Tinubu's ministers can be like Wike. Many of them have already gone to sleep as of they have nothing to offer like Hannatu Musawa (creative economy), Lola Ade-John (tourism), Ibrahim Geidam (police), Gboyega Oyetola (blue economy), Mohammed Idris (information), Balarabe Abbass (environment), Professor Tahir Mamman (education), Heineken Lokpobiri (petroleum), Ekperikpe Ekpo (gas), John Enoh (sports), Abubakar Kyari (agric), Shuaibu Audu (steel), and Dele Alake (mines).

I did not mention the Minister for power as it is clear he does not know where he is. Tinubu either brings in El Rufai or Bath Nnaji. The current minister may function in a less demanding role like minister without portfolio.

Tinubu may look towards younger, hungrier and vibrant youth who have no political ambitions and are hungry for change.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Whalis: 4:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Obio Akpor boys have landed.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:43am On Nov 15, 2023
[quote author=Justiceori2019 post=126974117][/quote] initial gragra will soon end. Na something dey humble man. See how fragile wike has now become. Time will tell
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:43am On Nov 15, 2023
[quote author=Justiceori2019 post=126974117][/quote]
initial gragra will soon end. Na something dey humble man. See how fragile wike has now become. Time will tell
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Jamiubond009(m): 4:44am On Nov 15, 2023
grin
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by aidoko1: 4:46am On Nov 15, 2023
Something another minister will come and scrap and it will be forgotten as soon as possible. Pls help us reduce rate of naira tumbling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:47am On Nov 15, 2023
I miss Abuja. I spent the greater part of my work life in Abuja hating and cussing out Lagos, only to eventually get transferred to Lagos grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by bemeruca: 4:49am On Nov 15, 2023
Nigeria, a country ruled by pigs.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by donleo92(m): 4:50am On Nov 15, 2023
wike my man.

the guy knows what he wants, and gets what he wants. hate apart, he is the only functioning minister now. and he has a badass PR compared to the rest ministers.

The rest ministers, their various ministries have swallowed them. but wike is holding his own ministry by the balls

6 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Bobloco: 4:57am On Nov 15, 2023
grin
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Atarakpa: 5:01am On Nov 15, 2023
I hope you guys should be fair to all citizen no matter the tribe.
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by blackmantis: 5:12am On Nov 15, 2023
Wike has opened his oil well.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by ChiefOloye(m): 5:14am On Nov 15, 2023
This is a good policy, however, the process is deliberately made cumbersome and difficult by corrupted Civil Servants, thereby making unrealistic. You need to visit AGIS, I was at the Surveying and Mapping Department of FCTA, before proceeding to AGIS, the Civil Servants in these offices are terrible people, they unnecessarily slow down the process, to extort people.

12 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:15am On Nov 15, 2023
grin
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Babangidapikin: 5:15am On Nov 15, 2023
Okay that is a good step in the right direction, but I will celebrate when I know people are feeling the impact ...

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by CallmeTrinity: 5:21am On Nov 15, 2023
Okay
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by bigdammyj: 5:24am On Nov 15, 2023
Noted.
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by FireUpNow(m): 5:26am On Nov 15, 2023
Leaders who know nothing new to offer. The same thing every year.
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by yungdynho(m): 5:26am On Nov 15, 2023
Ikwerre man on duty

4 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by adesegun121(m): 5:35am On Nov 15, 2023
Ok
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by ironheart(m): 5:37am On Nov 15, 2023
Very funny
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by ruggedboych: 5:39am On Nov 15, 2023
Thug wike enjoy your power while it last, stupid power drunk nonentity angry
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by oyeb15: 5:41am On Nov 15, 2023
If you want to finish Wike, just drop him as minister.

He will go into everlasting shock mode. He was giving 'take
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Tjra: 5:41am On Nov 15, 2023
yungdynho:
Ikwerre man on duty
He sure knows what he is doing.

This man has brains. We need his type across all ministries and agencies.

The only thing he lacks is how to control his tongue.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by mytime24(f): 5:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Tax season1 is out !!!

3 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Enemyofpeace: 5:43am On Nov 15, 2023
Business avenue created for the boys

Seun bring money let me help you to buy land in Abuja, very close to the Villa. It's time you move to the city
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by Enemyofpeace: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2023
blackmantis:
Wike has opened his oil well.
finally
Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by NaijaNaWaa: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2023
10.The Minister also disclosed that the Zenith Bank Plc has been mandated to provide the enabling funds for the activities of the Task Force and funds collected via the task force will be deposited in the bank.

Pay attention to paragraph 10. It’s a recipe for abuse of public funds. Lawlessness pro max

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inaugurates Task Force On Issuance Of C Of O For Mass Housing In Abuja by propsvilla2: 5:45am On Nov 15, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Upholds Andy Uba As PDP Candidate / How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! / Omoworare: Buhari Didn't Undermine Osinbajo By Travelling Without NASS Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.