Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? (10903 Views)

Enugu Government To Shut Schools, Markets Obeying ‘sit-at-home’ Monday -Gov Mbah / Man Caught After Hijacking Election Materials, Says He Was Obeying Orders.Photos / NLC: Workers Ordered To Resume At Duty Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Bintasukai: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:
Go and read rules of engagement, and sturdy simple civil service right.

Go and learn simple spelling
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by integrity16(m): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2023
The worst the government can do is to invoke the no work no pay policy.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by stuffs2002: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
socialmediaman:
There are labour laws to prevent that, but here is a better question to help you find the answer you're looking for:

Can a politician bribe INEC officials to rig an election, then bribe the judiciary to legitimize their stolen mandate?

If they can't, then no, the government can't sack NLC members obeying strike.

Can pained and bitter IPOB cannibals ever have sense? The answer is no
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by drlateef: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
wanimo:
The only people Baba druggie is about to sack are the N30k monthly Agbado miscreants going about on Nairaland defending the criminal we have in Aso Rock

You can wail till eternity for all we care.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Eagle360(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
strategically you use divide and rule
You won't sack them in one day
Most workers there now did they get there in the first place??
The civil service is bloated .

It is possible to put a condition on new employees. Only employ on contract basis. Gradually the number of unionized workers will be in minority

there will be anarchy in the land. If the Government do the needful strike will not surface in the first instant. Why did Government wait till workers resort to self-help?

NB: I totally condemned the recent strike because it is senseless. because Ajaero was beaten u went on strike very s.tupid of union leaders.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Gajagojo: 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2023
Eagle360:
there will be anarchy in the land. If the Government do the needful strike will not surface in the first instant. Why did Government wait till workers resort to self-help?

NB: I totally condemned the recent strike because it is senseless. because Ajaero was beaten u went on strike very s.tupid of union leaders.
. What is the needful?
Is an unlawful strike disobeying a court order not anarchy?
Please don't use me to practice English
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by megamank(m): 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Literally Yes, practically No

You really got this answer rightly…
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Monday60655(m): 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

government is paying you ooo

you can only protest not go on strike

If not that you're just a kid, I would have asked whether you reason with your nose?
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Max24: 1:24am On Nov 18, 2023
Thomthom:
How can you say yes .. It's their right to go on strike if NLC give dircetive
Is NLC the one paying your salary? Lazy Federal Civil Servant workers.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by mfm04622: 1:59am On Nov 18, 2023
Thomthom:
How can you say yes .. It's their right to go on strike if NLC give dircetive

That strike was illegal. It was called in disobedience to valid court orders.

FG won't sack them, but could decide not to pay for those days they went on strike. Though BAT no get that mind
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by jamafa: 4:14am On Nov 18, 2023
ShugaSneh:
Ebola Thimbulu can't try that nonsense

For your mind, u don talk.

Beautiful nonsense!
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by jamafa: 4:15am On Nov 18, 2023
ShugaSneh:
Ebola Thimbulu can't try that nonsense

For your mind, u don talk.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Thomthom(m): 6:57am On Nov 18, 2023
Max24:

Is NLC the one paying your salary? Lazy Federal Civil Servant workers.
How this comment come take relate with what we are discussing.... How Lazy Federal Civil Servant worker comment take enter this talk.. na wa for una o..
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Max24: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2023
Thomthom:
How this comment come take relate with what we are discussing.... How Lazy Federal Civil Servant worker comment take enter this talk.. na wa for una o..
Is it a lie that govt workers are lazy? They miss work at random, close when they like, sell wares during working hours. Things they can never try with private companies. Yet, they jump at every excuse to go on strike.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by phemmyfour: 9:09am On Nov 18, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
can federal government sack nlc workers obeying strike?
yes, nlc is toothless dog
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by rolams(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2023
When court self obey the strike?

1 Like

Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Thomthom(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2023
Max24:

Is it a lie that govt workers are lazy? They miss work at random, close when they like, sell wares during working hours. Things they can never try with private companies. Yet, they jump at every excuse to go on strike.
Bros na u no..
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Care4: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
can federal government sack nlc workers obeying strike?

Nope. And if you are queried or sacked because you joined a strike sanctioned by your union, inform your union.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Khyrvxjzy: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2023
Monday60655:

If not that you're just a kid, I would have asked whether you reason with your nose?

bro i wish you can continue to reply me

if workers are on strike for 10 years

still government cant sack them abi
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Khyrvxjzy: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
clueless agbaya, you don't know anything about govt and u want to rush to comment on NL. Anyway keep doing your thing, we all know d traffic in NL is filled with JUNKIESS

am the op
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Monday60655(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

bro i wish you can continue to reply me

if workers are on strike for 10 years

still government cant sack them abi

I have respect for everyone at any age bracket. Please with due respect, locate someone at your level of reasoning for such argument.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by Khyrvxjzy: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
Monday60655:

I have respect for everyone at any age bracket. Please with due respect, locate someone at your level of reasoning for such argument.

ok sir

1 Like

Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by orisa37: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2023
YES. WHEN THEY KNOW THAT THE STRIKE IS ILLEGAL.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by orisa37: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
YES. WHEN THEY KNOW THAT THE STRIKE IS ILLEGAL.

GOVERNMENT CAN SACK, PROSECUTE AND PUNISH AJAERO FOR THIS ILLEGALITY.
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by ItswellMike: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2023
Go and study the labour law.
I recommend u study public service rules and know how powerful labour is.
Illiteracy
Khyrvxjzy:

government is paying you ooo

you can only protest not go on strike
Re: Can Federal Government Sack Nlc Workers Obeying Strike? by mechanics(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
They can't.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory / Lai Mohammed To Thugs: Disrupt Saturday’s Election In Kwara And Risk Your Lives / May 29 1999- May 29 2019: How Have We Fared?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.